This Old Love

Guest KaitieL

Eek. I let this slip to the third page. :o I'll try my best to update more often from now on. So drum roll please...................... I've finally gotton off my ass and updated. I'm so proud of myself. Not sure if I like the chapter itself, but hey, who cares, because I updated.

There may be mistakes as well. It's 2am, I'm kinda tired but in the mood for writing. Just ignore them. :P

Enjoy. Oh and I think there's some swearing in this chappy.

Chapter 16

Martha rushed to Jack’s house, going over their conversation in her head. He loved her and was prepared to be there for her and a baby he thought wasn't his. Even after hearing him say it, it still didn't make things easier for her. It was all too complicated and Martha didn't want anyone to get hurt - even if it meant she couldn't be with the one she truly loved.

Martha reached Jack's house and pulled out her key. Jack was right; she would need it again - this time to remove any evidence of her moment of weakness. When she reached the bedroom, Martha made her way over to the table where she had last left her ring, but it was nowhere to be found. Panicking, she frantically searched the bedroom for it.

"Looking for this?" a voice asked from behind.

Martha slowly turned around and saw Sam leaning against the doorway, holding her ring between her thumb and forefinger. She was going to have to think of a good one to get out of this. Swallowing hard, Martha made her way over to Sam. "Oh thank god you found it," she breathed a sigh of relief. "Jack was so drunk last night, I had to bring him and make sure he was safe. My ring must have slipped off."

Sam just stared Martha down for what seemed like eternity. All of a sudden, she burst out laughing leaving Martha with a confused look on her face.

"You really expect me to believe that?" Sam asked incredulously.

"I... uh...What?" Martha stammered. She wasn't quite sure how to react.

"Oh please," Sam interrupted as she stood over Martha. "Save it. I don't want to hear your excuses."

"I beg your pardon?" Asked Martha.

"I know you slept with Jack, geez Martha I'm not stupid," Sam rolled her eyes.

Martha hung her shoulders in defeat and started crying; she was sick of all the lies and too tired to fight. What a mess she had gotten herself in. Not only had she cheated and lied, but she had completely ruined any chance of giving her unborn child a normal life and knowing who its real father was.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered.

"Sorry. You're sorry?" Sam screeched. "You've just broken up a perfectly happy family that Jack and I had with Rory and all you can say is sorry? If you're really sorry, then I suggest you leave town and never show your face here ever again. And don't you dare think about telling Jack about the baby." She hissed.

Martha looked at Sam with a confused look. "How do you know?"

"Oh please Martha, it was obvious from day one," she groaned. "You don't think people actually believe that Roman's the father do you?"

"I haven't given them any reason not to," she responded.

"Yeah, everyone's too polite to say anything," she told her. "Everyone knows Martha. Well almost everyone," said Sam with a wicked smile on her face. "Tell me Martha, does it kill you to know that Jack will never know the truth about the baby?"

"The truth about what baby?" asked a shocked voice.

Sam quickly spun around, horrified as she came face to face with Jack.

"What baby?" he repeated, glaring at both Sam and Martha.

"Jack I wanted to tell you," started Martha. "I just didn't know how."

"Tell me what?" He demanded. "What's going on here Martha?"

"Jack, I'm so sorry," cried Martha.

"No," he whispered as he shook his head, the reality finally sinking in. "No, I can't be. How?"

"That night after dinner at my place," she explained.

"I don't believe you," he hissed. "It doesn't add up."

"I lied about the dates, Jack I'm so sorry," she apologised.

Jack stood back, clearly in a state of shock. His glare turned to Sam. "You knew and you didn't tell me?"

"What? And risk losing you?" Sam answered. "I don't think so."

"How do you know that I would have left you?" he asked.

"Oh please Jack," groaned Sam. "You would have gone back to Martha first chance you had and this would have been the perfect excuse. I'm not stupid."

As Jack and Sam continued to argue, Martha started feeling dizzy and sick; a feeling that was all too familiar. Only this time, it was worse. The pains in her stomach grew stronger as she gripped onto the nearest thing to stop her falling. Something was definitely wrong.

Neither Jack or Sam noticed until they heard Martha fall to the floor.

"Crap. Martha," Jack called as he rushed over to her. "Martha, come on. Wake up for me, please." He looked up at Sam. "Call an ambulance."

Sam just stood there, paralysed with fear. She knew it was her fault. She knew she shouldn't have confronted Martha they way she did, but she couldn't help it. She was just so angry and hurting.

"Sam!" Jack yelled. "Call an ambulance. Now!"

Next Chapter: Will Martha and her baby be ok? Or will Sam do something to finally get rid of her once and for all?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next Chapter: Will Martha and her baby be ok? Or will Sam do something to finally get rid of her once and for all?

WOW an update, I can't believe it :P

Oh my god, I hope Martha and the baby is alright :( . Sam is a evil bitch man, God Sam, Get it threw your brain Jack dosen't love you.

He loves Martha, always has, always will :P

Ooo Jack knows about the baby, Yus, I wanted him to find out, now he's gonna be more over protective of Martha :lol: Haha.

Anyway, awesome update, I enjoyed it

More please.

EDIT: That effing bitch Sam better ring the ambulance, Or I'm gonna strangle her! :lol:

i hope Martha and Jack Jr. are ok! :(

and i'm gladJack knows, even if it did come from Sam...

damn Sam, she better call an ambulance or she'll be the one needing one <_<

thank you for updating!!! it's good to know you'll finish it :D

looking forward to the next update :)

:o An update! I'm proud of you! :P

I'm glad Jack finally knows Martha's having his baby. :) Even though he found out from Sam. <_< I just hope he won't be angry with Martha for too long. Especially now she has to go to the hospital! Maybe they'll finally have their happy ending. *keeps fingers crossed*

Sam'd better call an ambulance or I'll have to kick her butt! :angry:

Great chapter.

More please.

Another update?! :o You girls really are lucky. :P

Enjoy. :)

Chapter 17

Rachel anxiously waited at the doors, waiting for Martha. She had just gotten off the phone with Jack, who had informed her that Martha had passed out and was on her way to the hospital. Rachel was sure there was more to the story, but for now she was just worried about Martha and the baby. Suddenly the doors burst open.

"Martha Mackenzie, 22, 36 weeks pregnant collapsed about 20 minutes ago. She's yet to regain consciousness," reported the ambo as they rushed down the corridor. "Blood pressure's low and heart rate's high."

"Ok, just take her in there," Rachel directed.

"Rachel," she heard a voice call from behind. She turned around to see Jack closely followed by Sam. "Is she going to be ok?"

"I don't know," she told him honestly. "Jack what happened?" She had to know.

Unable to control the tears anymore he answered. "She told me about the baby? You knew didn't you?"

"Jack, this isn't the time or the place," she replied, avoiding the question. "Just take a seat and I'll be back as soon as I have some news ok."

"Come on Martha," Rachel pleaded. "Don't do this to me now. Wake up please." Attempts to bring Martha around, were failing, it was like she had just lost the will to fight. Rachel was just about to lose hope when she heard a small voice call her name.

"Rachel," whispered Martha. "What happened? Where am I?"

Rachel breathed a sigh of relief as she brushed Martha's forehead. "You had me scared there for a minute. Welcome back," she smiled.

"What happened?" repeated Martha.

"You just had a little dizzy spell, that's all," she answered.

"What about the baby?" Martha asked, still groggy.

"The baby's fine," she reassured. "I'm just a little concerned that its heart rate is a little high. Martha, I don't mean to alarm you, but if it doesn't go down, we'll have to deliver."

"But it's too early," Martha started to panic.

"You're 36 weeks now," Rachel pointed out. "Your baby is perfectly healthy and I'm confident that if we were to deliver now everything will be fine." Rachel paused. "Martha, can I asked what happened?"

Martha turned away from Rachel, trying her best to hold back the tears. "He found out. He found out Rachel and now he hates me."

"Oh Martha," she soothed. "He doesn't hate you. He's just upset now, but he'll get over it."

"No he won't!" exclaimed Martha. "He'll hate me forever. He'll never speak to me ever again. I've screwed things up big time, for me and especially the baby," blurted out, finding it increasingly difficult to breathe.

"Martha, I need you to calm down," Rachel told her, concerned as she watched Martha's heart rate increase on the monitor.

"I... can't...," she spat out. "He... hates... me."

"Martha...," Rachel watched as Martha lost consciousness. "I need some help in here now," she called out as Nurse Julie came rushing in.

"What happened?" she asked.

"She’s unconscious again," replied Rachel. "Her stats are through the roof. Call maternity. We have to get this baby out now. Fast.?

Rachel and Julie quickly prepared to take Martha upstairs and rushed her out of the room. Jack quickly stood up when he noticed the commotion.

"What's going on?" he demanded to know.

"Look Jack, I don't have time," Rachel replied. "We have to get Martha upstairs now. This baby has to come out now."

"But it's too early," he protested.

"Jack, I said I don't have time," Rachel snapped as she disappeared down the hall.

Sam walked up behind Jack and rubbed her hand on his back, reassuringly. "Jack I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen," she apologised, almost in tears.

Jack spun around and glared at her, his eyes flashing in anger. "You're right. This is your fault and you better pray Martha and our baby are ok for your sake."

Next chappy: Have I killed Martha off. Surely I couldn't be that cruel. Could I? :unsure:

:o Another update! I'm shocked! :P

I hope Martha and the baby will be okay. It would be nice if Jack could be with Martha but seeing that she's unconscious, I'm guessing he can't be there. :( He can be there when their little baby is born. Baby Holden! :wub:

Jack spun around and glared at her, his eyes flashing in anger. "You're right. This is your fault and you better pray Martha and our baby are ok for your sake."

Go Jack! I hope he's going to dump Sam now.

Next chappy: Have I killed Martha off. Surely I couldn't be that cruel. Could I?

You'd better not kill Martha off. If someone has to die, it's not Martha, it's Sam. Don't be mean Kaitie! You hate Sam just as much as I do.

I'm gone for 4 days. I wouldn't mind reading an update when I get back! :wink:

More please!

Archived