This Old Love

Guest KaitieL

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katie, you said you would update for me today :(

Yeah I know, I'm sorry. I got tired and I know where I want to go but just can't seem to put it into words. Maybe tomorrow, but I'm not promising anything.

Welcome back Barbara. :)

Here's he next chapter peeps. Finally. I'm not entirely happy with it, had a lot of trouble writing it so it's a little dodgy and short. But I don't care. Enjoy.

Chapter 14

“What?” whispered Martha. Had she heard right?

“I said, I love you,” he repeated, more confident.

“Jack...” she started, a million different thoughts swimming through her head. “What about Sam?”

“I don't love her,” he replied. “Martha, the way I feel for you...”

Martha put her hand up. “Stop, please just stop,” she cried.

“Look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel the same way,” he dared her.

Martha stared at him but couldn't quite bring herself to say the words. Of course she loved him. But things were different now; too many people would get hurt. Martha started to cry. “I don't need this now, please Jack.”

Jack's face softened when he realised he had upset her. “I'm sorry. Please don't cry,” he whispered as he wiped away her tears with his thumbs. “I just love you so much Martha. I'm sick of hiding my real feelings. You and I belong together.”

Martha stopped crying. She was tired of fighting and didn't want to do it anymore. “I love you too,” she finally admitted.

Jack smiled as he leaned in to kiss her softly on the lips. Martha responded and the kiss grew in passion, as they unconsciously stumbled to the bedroom; the same bedroom they had once shared as a happily married couple. Jack laid Martha gently down on the bed then proceeded to take off her top, but was stopped by Martha. Going shy all of a sudden, Martha pulled her top back down. Jack immediately realised it was because she was embarrassed by her growing stomach.

“You have nothing to be ashamed of,” he told her. “You're beautiful.” Jack slowly pulled up her top and gently placed soft kisses on her stomach, making his way up to her face causing Martha to melt. She looked deep into his eyes, this is where she belonged; with Jack. Now was the time to tell him about the baby, while she had the nerve.

“Jack, there's something I need to tell you as well,” Martha spoke up.

Jack pulled away from her slightly. “What is it?”

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't bring herself to say it. Instead, she told him the next best thing. “I love you.”

“I know,” Jack smiled at her.

Martha smiled back. “I'm going to tell Roman tomorrow that it's over,” she promised as she pulled off her engagement ring and placed it on the bedside table. She couldn't do what she was about to do wearing it. “Jack, you're the only one for me.”

“Ssh. No more talking, I've waited too long for this,” he said as he started kissing her again.

Suddenly he stopped. Had he changed his mind already? Before Martha could think the worst, Jack spoke. “I'm not going to hurt the baby am I?” He asked, concerned.

Martha giggled, the look on his face was priceless. “No, it'll be fine.”

“Good, because I'm going to make sure you never forget tonight,” he teased in a low, sexy voice.

Martha pulled him back down on top of her and placed a hard kiss on his lips. He was right; this was a night she was never going to forget.

Martha awoke a few hours later to darkness. Confused, she looked around the room. Suddenly, it dawned on her - she had just cheated on Roman, with Jack! Martha was horrified and mad at herself. She let herself get caught up in the moment. Quietly collecting her belongings, she left, wondering how she was going to explain this to Roman.

She pulled out her phone from her bag, sure enough; there were many missed calls and text messages from Roman. No doubt wondering where she was. Instead of calling him back now, she decided to wait until she got home. At least that would give her some time to think up a good enough lie.

Martha arrived home and gently opened the front door, hoping that no one would notice she was just getting. No such luck. There Roman was, sitting on the couch with a stern look on his face.

Without even turning around to look at her, he asked, “where have you been all night?”

“Working,” she answered nervously.

Roman got up from the couch and glared at her. “Really?” he sneered, as he stood over her. “So how come when I rang, some guy told me you went home with Jack? Are you sleeping with him Martha? Did you tell him about the baby?”

Martha trembled in fear; she didn't know where this angry, jealous side of Roman came from. He was right, but how could she bring herself to tell him the truth, especially the state he was in now. She did the only thing she thought was right, and lied. “No of course not,” she reassured him. “Jack was upset because he and Sam are having problems and he got really drunk,” explained Martha. At least that bit was the truth. “I just made sure he got home safe, but he started to get really sick. I couldn't just leave him there.”

Roman's face softened. “Why didn't you answer your phone?”

“It was on silent, I didn't hear it,” she told him. “I'm sorry.”

Roman sighed as he pulled her in for a hug. “It's ok, I was just really worried about you, that's all.”

“I know,” said Martha, resting her head on his chest. “Come on, let's go to bed. I'm exhausted.”

Roman just nodded. Martha hated lying to him, but she couldn't bring herself to tell him. Not just yet. Sam wasn't due back for a few more days yet, so they still had time. Martha needed to talk things over with Jack first and figure out what they were going to do and where they stood with each other. It was time he knew the truth about the baby.

Next Chapter: Has Jack forgotten about his night with Martha?

As I've said before, I'm trying to end this in 20 Chapters, but not too sure, it might go over. So here's a teaser for the upcoming chapters: Someone else will be killed off. Just 'cause I like killing people. :P

:o Finally they slept together! Woo hoo.

Roman f off! And Sam dont come back! GOD. :angry:

Kill one of them, since your gonna kill someone! haha :lol:

Oh my god, Katie if Jack dosent remember that they slept together, i'm going to kill you :ph34r:

Oh and Martha better tell Jack that the baby's is his! :wub:

Awesome update!!!!

More please.

Welcome back Barbara.

Thank you! :D

Martha and Jack slept together. :wub:

He was worried he would hurt the baby. How cute! :wub:

If you want to kill someone off, fine. But it'd better be Roman or Sam!

Jack can't have forgotten about the night he spent with Martha. :angry: He wanted Martha to remember that night. So he has to remember it too. <_<

More please.

Archived