This Old Love

Guest KaitieL

Awww they just about kissed :wub: Bloody Fitzy! Gosh.

Yay Jacks being nice now, I bet he will be a fag when Martha goes and sees him tho <_<

(Dont let him be mean Katie!!!) lol.

Grrr, Sam should just **** off, he doesn't want you Sam, he wants Martha.

Oh and you Roman, Martha doesn't want you either!!! :P

Alf cant die :(

Awesome update!!!

Update soon :P

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning: This chapter may contain adult themes and language unsuitable for young readers. Thank you, you have been warned.

Chapter 9

"So what did I walk in on between you and Martha before?" Fitzy asked, as they made their way back to the station. She was fully aware that she had walked in something. Before Jack could reply, Fitzy glared at him. "And don't you dare give me some bull**** excuse either."

Jack sighed. There was no point in lying to her and besides, he needed to get it off his chest. "I'm not sure, to be honest," he told her. "We had this moment and where it would have gone, I don't know." He noticed Fitzy cringe. "Don't worry about it," he assured her, before she could start apologising. "I'm glad you interrupted. It would have only complicated things."

"Jack, I know you're still in love with Martha," she said matter of factly. Jack looked up at her, shocked. He couldn't believe she had just said that. "Oh come on," she continued. “Don't look so shocked. Deep down you know it, I know it. God Jack, everyone knows it." Fitzy told him, emphasising everyone.

Jack was starting to get pissed off. He was sick of people telling him how he felt. "Just drop it!" he yelled harshly. "It's none of your business."

Fitzy just shook her head as he stormed off. She was far from offended at his outburst and didn't know why he insisted on hiding his true feelings.

Jack slammed the door behind him. He was still fuming over what Fitzy had said. She had no right to make judgement like that. He was trying to move on with his life with Sam and here Fitzy was trying to tell him how he should be feeling. Jack opened the fridge in search for a much needed beer.

"Jack is that you?" he heard Sam call. Damn, he was hoping that he would have the house to himself. No such luck.

"In the kitchen," he replied.

Sam appeared in the doorway. "How was work?" she asked.

"Fine," he answered flatly. He wasn't in the mood for conversation.

"I saw Fitzy at the hospital today. I thought to two of you were supposed to be working together today? I didn't see you anywhere," she said accusingly.

Jack rolled his eyes. He may as well tell her the truth. "I ran into Martha. She was upset about Alf," he explained as he slumped down on the couch.

"What were you doing talking to her?" demanded Sam. "I don't care if she was upset. What about me? You know how I feel about her. After all she's put us through, you still go running after her!" she ranted.

Jack jumped up and faced Sam. "Oh for God's sake Sam, I didn't go running after her," he yelled. "Her grandfather is dying and she was upset."

Sam's eyes narrowed. In an eerily calm voice she said, "If it hadn't have been for her, I would still have our baby. I lost our baby because of her.” Sam was now crying. "All the stress was all her fault. Our baby is dead because of her. And now she comes back here and flaunts her perfect life in my face."

Jack sighed as he pulled her into a warm embrace. He knew as well as Sam that it wasn't Martha's fault. It was just one of those things. Life had been great when he found out Sam was pregnant. They were engaged with a baby on the way. But their happiness was short lived when Sam miscarried. It was just before he found out he and Martha were still married and even though it happened before; Sam still blamed Martha. He didn't realise how hard it must have been for Sam to have Martha back in town and pregnant. Things between them seemed to be going from bad to worse. All they seemed to do was fight. He just hoped they could sort things out.

"So what were you and Grandad talking about?" Ric questioned Martha. They had just arrived back home after visiting Alf.

Martha groaned. "I already told you Ric, it was nothing," she snapped.

"It wasn't nothing. What are you hiding from Jack?" he demanded to know. "And please don't lie to me Martha."

Martha sighed. Ric wasn't going to leave her alone until she told him the truth. "You have to promise not to say anything to anyone. I mean it," she warned.

"I promise," he said.

"The baby is Jack's, not Roman's," she told him simply.

Ric just stood there with his mouth hanging open in shock. "What...?"

"He doesn't know and you can't tell him," Martha warned him. "You promised you wouldn't say anything."

"But how?" He wanted to know.

"Well Ric, you see," she started. "When a man and a woman love each other very much, or in our case; are very drunk...,"

Ric interrupted her, "Alright, you can stop there, I know how. But why haven't you told him?"

"He was back with Sam before I found out I was pregnant and he seemed so happy. I don't want to be responsible for ruining his happiness and breaking up a family," Martha explained. "That's why I moved to the city, so he wouldn't know about the baby. Then I met Roman and he offered to look after us. Why not let people think he's the baby's father? It works out for everyone. Only grandad, you and Roman know the truth. Please don't tell anyone," she begged.

Ric was still trying to get his head around it. "Martha, Jack has a right to know, it's his child too. You promised grandad you would tell him the truth. You shouldn't have lied to him."

"Look Ric, this is my decision and I'm sticking by it. End of story. I'm just doing what's best for everyone. Now can I count on you to keep it a secret?" She asked.

Ric nodded his head slowly. "Fine," he gave in. "But I'm not going to lie to Grandad for you."

"I don't want you to," she said as she pulled Ric in for a hug. "Thank you," whispered Martha.

"Don't worry about. So how far along are you really?" Ric asked, curious.

Martha smiled at him. "About twenty nine weeks. Not too much longer to go. Anyway, I'm going to go upstairs and lie down, I don't feel too good."

"Are you ok?" Ric asked sounding concerned. "I can stay home if you want me to." He offered. Ric was supposed to be meeting Mattie at the diner soon.

"I'm fine, just a bit of a headache," Martha reassured him. "Go, or else you'll be late. I'll see you later ok."

Ric frowned as he watched as his cousin disappeared upstairs. He was concerned all right. All this lying and stress couldn't be good for Martha or the baby. He just hoped Martha knew what she was doing.

Later that night...

Martha was lying on the couch, reading a magazine when she heard a knock at the door.

"Hello," called a familiar voice.

Martha jumped up from the couch and made her way over to the door. "Aunty Morag," she greeted as she hugged her. "What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming until tomorrow."

"Well I decided to come down a little earlier," Morag stated. "I'm afraid I have some bad news, Martha."

Martha's face fell. What now? "What is it?"

"It's about the divorce, Martha," she told her. "As you know, legally you and Jack are still married. The papers I put through months ago have it seems disappeared into thin air."

"What?!" Martha exclaimed. "What do you mean?" She asked, confused.

Morag huffed as she sat down. "The incompetent fools have misfiled the papers and now can't find them. What, did they think that no one would notice?" She asked no one in particular.

"So what do we do now?" Martha wondered.

"You and Jack will have to re file," she told Martha. "I'm afraid I can't get you out of this without Jack knowing this time. He has to sign them. My contact has retired, so it could be a rather lengthy process. I'm sorry Martha."

Martha groaned. Great. This is just what she needed; to turn up on Jack's doorstep with this news. She knew that he, and Sam, were not going to take this well.

Next chapter: All the lying is starting to take it's toll on Martha and the baby. Will they be ok?

Grrr, Sam shut up and **** off! Why don't you just die, like on the real home and away!! <_<

He doesn't want you, he wants Martha!!! dur, get it threw your stupid brain.

Poor Martha, I hope she will be okay, Jack better be nice to her :(

Shes already got enough on her plate at the moment, And Sam having another go at her, is just gonna make it worse.

Or maybe Martha tells Jack and Sam, and then Sam starts screaming and yelling at Martha and Jack tells her to stop being a bitch, and then they can have a fight! And then they can break up :lol: Nah, Thats not gonna happen

But Katie, Please let them kiss or something? Please please please :P

Anyway it was a excellent update, I loved it :D

More please

All they seemed to do was fight. He just hoped they could sort things out.

I just hope they won't sort things out and keep fighting! :P

Hate Sam. She doesn't have to blame everything that goes wrong in her life on Martha. :angry: Besides, Jack was just comforting her because her grandfather is dying. What's wrong with that? <_<

Martha's 29 weeks pregnant and she makes people believe she's 4 months pregnant (16 weeks). That's crazy! People are going to notice her baby is pretty big for a premature baby! Actually, everyone will probably find out it's Jack before she goes into labour. Well, I hope so. I want Jack to be by her side.

Kaitie, don't hurt Martha and the baby. :( You can hurt Sam instead. :ph34r:

More please.

Crap, I worked that out wrong. Here I was thinking that four months was about 20 - 24 weeks. I'm such a nong. Ok, this is the last time I change it. Martha is 29 weeks pregnant. She's telling people she's 23 weeks (about five months). Sorry guys, I should know better. :P

Yay another update :) Im loving this :)

Poor Martha :( She doesnt need the stress, Katie, why you giving her stress :(

Sam is the biggest idiot in the world. Heck, she wasnt even pregnant, stupid head, or was she?

Poor Jack, please help Martha, and if he gets angry about the papers, he'll have me Roman to deal with <_<

Great chapter

More soon please

So I've had this moved to the main fan fiction page as I didn’t think it needed to be in the adult forum anymore. It doesn't seem as 'detailed' as some of the other fics that aren't in the adult forum. If it does happen to get dirty, which I don't plan on it; then I guess I'll just get it moved back.

Chapter 10

One week later

Martha awoke the next morning, in a bad mood and had been since last week. She planned on going to see Jack today with the news of their divorce and she was not looking forward to it; especially after their near kiss last week. Martha couldn't believe that she had let her guard down like that. She had been avoiding him all week and knew she couldn't put it off any longer. She had been hoping to steer clear of Jack for the rest of her visit, but knew she wouldn't be so lucky. Roman had sensed something was up with her and when he had questioned her about it the night before, she just blamed it on the divorce situation. Martha was sure that he was unconvinced, but she wasn’t about to tell him about what happened between her and Jack last week. Martha made her way downstairs to kitchen and was met by Roman.

"Good morning beautiful," he greeted her as he kissed her.

"Morning," she replied as she sat down and poured a bowl of cereal.

"So, I was thinking we could go on a picnic today," suggested Roman. "What do you think?"

"I can't sorry," Martha replied without looking up from her breakfast. "I have plans."

"Oh come on," he pleaded. "It will be fun and you need it. You've been so stressed out lately."

Martha looked up to see Roman staring at her with puppy dog eyes. He seemed so keen on the idea and she didn't want to disappoint him. She could always go and see Jack tomorrow; she really didn't mind putting it off.

Martha gave in. "Ok, then. But I can't be too long. I promised I would go and see grandad again this afternoon."

"We won't be," he promised. "I'll sort everything out and I'll meet you here at 12pm, ok. Don't be late," he told her.

"I won't be," she reassured him.

Martha breathed in the salty air as she scanned the deserted beach. It was a perfect spot for a picnic and she was glad Roman had dragged her along. It was just what she needed to take her mind off things. She sat down on the blanket next to Roman as he started to unpack the basket.

"So, how was your Grandad yesterday?" he asked. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you."

Martha smiled sadly up at Roman. "Ok, I guess. I'm still expecting him to get better and it's hard knowing that he won't. I just hate seeing him like this."

"It can't be easy for you," he observed. "Let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

"You already are," she grinned.

Roman smiled back. "You know that I love you, right?"

"Of course," she answered. "And I love you."

"Well, I've been thinking a lot lately," he started.

"Ooh, don't hurt yourself now," Martha joked.

Roman laughed nervously. "We're going to be a family soon and I thought it was time we made it official. Martha, will you marry me?" He asked as he pulled out the small black velvet box out of his pocket and handed it to Martha.

Martha sat there, in a state of shock. This was the last thing she was expecting; they'd talked about becoming a family but marriage was never mentioned and here he was proposing.

"Say something," Roman pleaded. "Don't leave me in suspense."

Martha looked deep in his eyes. Why was she holding back? Jack. You still have feelings for Jack, a voice in her head said. No, she told it, Jack moved on and it was time for her to.

"Yes," she answered. "I would love to." She threw her arms around Roman, while placing kisses on his cheek and finally, his mouth. He opened to box, to reveal a white gold princess cut diamond ring.

"It's beautiful," whispered Martha, as he slid the ring onto the fourth finger of her left hand.

"Just like you," he responded.

Martha looked down at the ring and back up, out at the ocean. Her life was finally getting back on track. Soon, she would have a loving husband and baby and Jack would have his own family. Just the way things should be.

"So anyway, Roman and I are engaged," Martha told Alf, despite the fact he was asleep. As soon as Roman and Martha returned from their picnic, they broke the news to her family. Everyone, except for Ric that is, was happy for them. While they celebrated, he had just sat in the corner, shooting dirty looks in Martha’s direction. He was still hoping that Martha would at least tell Jack the truth. After receiving congratulations, Martha went to the hospital to deliver the news to Alf; however he was still asleep.

Martha felt Alf stir. He opened his eyes and stared at Martha. Martha held her breathe, preparing for the worst. But to her surprise, Alf seemed 'with it'.

"Martha," he whispered.

"Hey grandad, how are you feeling today?" She asked.

"Great," he replied enthusiastically. "I think I'll be ready to come home soon."

Martha tried to hold the tears back, as she smiled at him. She knew well that he wasn't going to come back home. "I have some good news grandad. Roman and I are engaged."

"Roman? Who's Roman?" he asked, sounding confused. "What about Jack?"

Martha sighed, maybe he didn't remember everything. "Jack and I aren't together anymore, grandad. You've met Roman before. Anyway, he asked me to marry me today and I said yes."

Alf seemed to ignore what she had said about Roman. "Did you tell Jack about the baby Martha?"

Martha looked at her grandad. She knew he didn't have much time left and he seemed hell bent on her telling Jack the truth. Martha did the only thing she could. "Yes I did," she lied.

"So you're back together then?" It appeared that he had forgotten about the engagement news already.

Martha sighed. She hated doing this, but knew it was for the best; she just wanted to make him happy. "Yes we are, grandad." She held up her left hand and showed him the ring. "See, we're engaged."

Alf smiled. "I knew you two would sort it out. I’m so happy for you love."

"Thanks grandad," Martha was now crying. "Go back to sleep, yeah. You need your rest." Alf just nodded and rolled over.

Martha stood up to find Ric blocking her exit.

"I can't believe you just lied to his face Martha," Ric yelled.

"Don't start with me Ric," Martha hissed as she pushed past him. "We've been through this. He hasn't got much time left; I just want to make him happy."

"What, by lying to him?" Ric said sarcastically.

Martha ignored the last comment. "Just take me home please. I don't feel well and all I want to do is just go to sleep."

"Martha you can't do this to him, or yourself!" Ric was now shouting at her. "It's not good for you or the baby; all this lying."

Martha faced Ric. Before she could respond, the room started spinning as she struggled to breath. Feeling the sudden sharp stabbing pains, she clutched at her stomach. Martha didn't know what was happening, but whatever it was; she had no control over the situation.

"My baby," she whispered, as she collapsed.

Ric made it just in time to catch her before she hit the floor. "Someone help please," he called out for a doctor; feeling a pang of guilt. He knew he shouldn't have yelled at her like that, but she was just making him so damn angry.

Rachel rushed over to the pair. "What happened?" she asked. "Martha, can you hear me?" Rachel felt for a pulse.

Ric looked down in guilt. "We kind of had a fight and she just collapsed," he admitted.

Rachel stared at him. "It's ok," she soothed. "I need some help over here," she yelled to a couple of nurses. Rachel looked down at a pale Martha. "Come on Martha, wake up please."

Next Chapter: Will Martha and her baby be ok or is there something seriously wrong? And someone else discovers Martha's secret.

Archived