This Old Love

Guest KaitieL

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well here it is. I had this written ages ago, but was going to work on it a bit more. I hate it. Don't know why, I just think it's crap. It's late, I'm tired so there's probably heaps of mistakes in it. And it's really short too. Sorry, couldn't be bothered adding to it right now.

So enjoy it the best you can.

Chapter 15

"Hey, where have you been?? Roman asked as Martha walked through the front door. "I've been worried sick; I woke up and I couldn't find you."

"I just went for a walk," replied Martha a little annoyed, putting her hands on her hips. She was sick of Roman fussing over her and treating her like a three year old. "No need to panic."

"Well I'm sorry for showing some concern," he said with each word progressively getting louder. Roman's attention turned to her left hand. "Where's your engagement ring?"

Martha looked down at her bare hand, alarmed. As last nights events flashed through her mind, she remembered taking the ring off and placing it on the bedside table. "I um," she stammered. "I uh, took it off while I was doing dishes last night at work. I must have forgotten to put it back on," she lied. Martha flinched as Roman stood over her. Did he know she was lying to him?

Roman picked up her hand and kissed it. "Well make sure you put it back on. I don't want guys thinking you're available now," he laughed.

Martha nodded, trying to stay as calm as possible, but on the inside her heart was beating a mile a minute. She had to get that ring back.

"Anyway," Roman continued. "Work called this morning and they need me to come back. I've already packed your things."

Martha frowned. "Excuse me?"

"We need to be back before lunch, so I thought I would pack for you," he explained. “We're done here now, there's no reason to stay."

"How dare you," hissed Martha. "My family still needs me and I need them. I'm not going." She was shocked that Roman could disregard her feelings so easily.

Roman grabbed her by the wrists and pulled her closer. "And we need to get back to living our lives in the city. Now you'll do as you're told," he told her sternly.

Martha started crying. "Let me go," she pleaded.

They were interrupted by a half asleep Ric. "Morning guys," he mumbled, oblivious to the fact what was really going on.

Roman quickly released his grip on Martha. "Morning," he replied. Martha saw this as her opportunity to escape and ran out the door.

"What's wrong with her?" asked Ric.

Roman smiled at him. "Hormones," he answered. "Anyway mate, I have to head back to the city. I'll catch you later." Roman gathered his belongings and packed the car. He would deal with Martha later.

"Jack," Sam called out as she opened the front door. "Jack, are you home?"

Sam entered through the door and searched the house for Jack, leaving the bedroom until last. Maybe he's still asleep she thought as she walked into the bedroom, but found no trace of him in the rumpled sheets. Poor guy, he must have had a hard time sleeping last night. Just when Sam was about to leave, something shiny caught her eye. She picked it up and studied the object. It was a small white gold diamond ring; it definitely wasn't hers. Sam wracked her brain wondering where it had come from when finally it came to her. She knew exactly where she had seen before. The day of Alf's funeral, she had flashed it in her face as if to say – 'see, Im over him and moving on.' How could she have been so stupid? Part of her was saying not to assume the worst, but the other part knew it was exactly what it was. If Martha wanted a fight, she was going to get one. No one was going to take Jack away from her. No one.

Jack walked along the beach, thinking about the night before and how much it had meant to him. It had been the best night of his life. Finally he and Martha had stopped fighting it and admitted their true feelings. He didn't know how to explain it, but last night he felt more connected to Martha than ever before. He knew it wasn't going to be easy to break the news to Sam and Rory, but he couldn't string them along anymore. His heart belonged to Martha.

Jack noticed a figure sitting on the sand and staring out at the ocean. It was Martha and she looked upset. Jack started to panic a little; maybe she was having regrets about last night. There was only one way to find out. Jack drew in a deep breath and headed in her direction.

"Hey," he greeted her.

Martha quickly wiped away her tears and looked up at him. "Hey," she replied softly.

"Mind if I sit down?" he asked.

Martha shook her head. "Go ahead."

The pair sat in silence, each trying to work up the courage to start the conversation they knew they couldn't avoid for any longer, one waiting for the other to start. Finally it was Jack who broke the silence.

"Martha about last night, we can't just ignore it," he started.

Martha let out a sigh. "I know."

"We need to figure out what it means," said Jack. "Where do we go from here?"

Martha shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know."

"Do you even want us to be together?" Jack asked a little hurt by Martha's attitude towards him.

"What about Sam and Rory?" she asked avoiding his question.

"Martha, I may have been drunk last night, but that doesn't mean I didn't know what I was saying and doing," he asserted. "God Martha I love you so much it hurts. I want to be with you forever. I want to be there for you and the baby," he went on. "Even though it's not mine, I know I'll love it as if it were my own. I'd do anything for you. I thought you felt the same way."

What was she doing? Here he was telling her that he loved her and wanted to be there for her and the baby he didn't know was his. Martha didn't know why she was so scared to tell him the truth. She stood up and brushed the sand off her pants. "I have to go. I can't deal with this right now," she muttered.

"Martha," Jack yelled after her. "You can't just leave me hanging like this. I'm not going to give up on you!"

First of all, that chapter wasn't crap! :)

Great! Sam is back! <_< She'd better not hurt Martha or the baby or Jack will be very angry with her. <_<

What's up with Roman? He's hurting Martha, the woman he is supposed to love. :angry: He should get together with Sam; they deserve each other.

Martha should tell Jack it's his baby. He might be mad at her at first but he would forgive her eventually. He loves her.

Please update soon.

Archived