I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good

Fab chapter but this bit confuses me

Hungry, thirsty, lost and tired the little girl with short shoulder length brown hair sat herself down on a park bench. She'd been like this for two days, not that her mind realized that, to her it felt like weeks. More than anything she just wanted to go home to her mum, back where she got everything she needed and most of what she wanted.

Is it Martha's child and Jacks or one of Cam's

Update soon

Very good

Fab chapter but this bit confuses me

Hungry, thirsty, lost and tired the little girl with short shoulder length brown hair sat herself down on a park bench. She'd been like this for two days, not that her mind realized that, to her it felt like weeks. More than anything she just wanted to go home to her mum, back where she got everything she needed and most of what she wanted.

Is it Martha's child and Jacks or one of Cam's

Update soon

Well It could be any random strangers child, but you'll find out what the little girl and they man in the first clue have to do with everything aventually, there just puzzle pieces that probably won't make alot of sense until later, that's why I put them in italics.

But yeah, all with be revieled in good time.

Excellent chapter.

Poor Martha and poor *gulp* Cam! :(

I cant help but think the little girl is Martha when she was young but im not sure. *scratches head* :unsure:

Loved the scene between Jack and Martha on the couch. Very sweet. If only she'd let him get just a little bit closer! :wub:

Update soon :)

Ok here's the next chapter:

Chapter number 5. not quite right

Crying as she staired at a picture the lady with light brown long hair who looked to be in her mid thirties sat in the living room on the twenty second floor of the apartment building she lived in. In the picture was herself along with her six year old daughter Lucy, the photo was taken a year ago, although Kayla still looked almost the same now as she did then, she still had the same short brown hair, and the same blue eyes and the same nose.

Her little girl was gone, god only knew where she was now, she'd probably be hungry and wanting to know when she could go home by now.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Running through the front door of the police station in a hurry Martha finally stopped when she saw Cam sitting on one of the chairs in the waiting room talking to Jack. As soon as Jack had left earlier she'd rushed to have a shower and get ready to make sure Cam was alright.

“Are you ok?” Martha asked worried, making her way across the room to give Cam a hug as he stood up when he realized that she'd come.

“Yeah, I am now” he told her.

“Good” Martha smiled before turning her head towards Jack, “Can I take him home yet?”

“Yeah, you just need to sign a few forms first, then he can go” Jack explained.

“Not so fast” McGrath stopped him, not looking at all pleased as he entered the room from his office.

“What's wrong boss?” Jack asked, looking a bit startled.

“We've got a few more questions for Cam” he said, not giving anything away and standing his ground as the big tough guy.

“But haven't you already hassled him enough in the last twenty four hours?” Martha butted in, not impressed at all.

“Apparently not form what just came through, we've got more evidence” he explained, “Now move it back into the interview room before I have to get someone to handcuff you”.

Cam doing what he was told started to walk towards him slowly with his head rested slightly lower than usual, “yes sir” he answered softly, wishing this endless maze of cops would come to an end.

Martha looked over at Jack as soon as McGrath closed the door and the room was left empty except for the two of them, great once again she was left alone with him, 'Just what I need' Martha told herself sarcastically. Sighing when she realized that she wasn't going to be going anywhere in a hurry, Martha sat herself down and placed her handbag on the floor next to her, rolling her eyes at the situation.

“Look Martha” Jack started, trying to break the orquad silence in the room, “I'm sorry about before, I didn't mean to-”.

“It's fine” Martha cut him off bluntly, making things more weird than before. Then realizing how snappy she had sounded she huffed, looking back up at him where he still sat looking at her on his chair at his old desk, where he had been clearing some of his old stuff from. “I'm sorry for shoving you away like that earlier” she told him, clearing the air a little.

“You weren't really shoving me away, you just needed space, I can understand that” he smiled slightly at her.

“Thanks” she smiled back. Once again they had an understanding, not that it was going to last long, especially not while Martha still didn't have her head sorted out, at the moment it was all over the place, not knowing what move she was going to make next or how she was going to look back on it later.

“So how's things been for you?” Martha started, “I haven't really stopped and asked how things were”.

“I'm alright” he told her, “still trying to get things back together but, I'll get there. I just wish Sam didn't have to take off like that”.

“Yeah, it must have been a shock” Martha answered looking into Jack's eyes, for once in the last few weeks she wasn't thinking about herself or Cam, she was thinking about Jack and how hard things mus of been for him, which surprised her when she stopped to think about it, lately her life had had so much drama that she didn't realize what other people were thinking and going through.

“Yeah it was” Jack said softly, it was like seeing a glimpse of the old Martha back, the one that not only cared about other people, but showed it too, but it was soon interrupted by the phone. “I gotta get that” he explained, getting up and answering it.

“Hello Yabbie Creek police station, constable Jack Holden speaking” he said into the phone. “Yeah he is, but he's kind of busy at the mom-” he was cut off by the voice on the other end, “of course, I'll get him” Jack agreed reluctantly, “just hold on a second”.

He didn't know who was on the other end of the phone, but something didn't sound right, “McGrath” Jack called as he opened the door of the interview, “There's someone on the phone for you, they said it's urgent”.

“Well it better be” he answered in a huff, now was not the time to be messing with him. “Who ever this is it better be jolly well-” McGrath ranted on as he picked up the phone at the front desk, giving the guy on the other end an ear full, “oh, I see”.

“What's that all about?” Martha asked Jack as he came over to her and sat down while his boss was still on the phone getting details from the mystery caller, she wasn't getting a good vibe from this at all.

“I'm not sure, but what ever it is it sounds pretty doggy”.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“I've got the cash” the same guy who lived in the big empty house said in the back of a dark ally he was dressed differently to what he usually was, he was dressed in all black, and a beanie covering his blond hair, unlike the usual suits and ties, “It's all their, you can check”.

“Yeap, I'll pass it on to the hit man, I promise you their won't be any stuff ups this time, you have my word, on that”.

“There better not be” he warned, “or I promise I won't be responsible form my actions, don't make me do something I don't want to do, got it?”

“Yeah I got it, you don't need to worry about a thing, every thing's going to fall into place just the way you wanted it too” the other guy told him before disappearing into the darkness to carry out

his job.

Martha looked up an hour later as she heard the door of the interview room open once again, and once again, it was just another police officer walking out to get something, and then walking back in. But then she realized what he'd gone out to get, it was a pair of hand cuffs, and before she knew it her boyfriend was being dragged out and through the front door to the cell. “Cam?” Martha tried to call out, but it was to late, he was already out of sight.

“What's going on?” Jack asked opening the door of his new office after hearing the whole little ordeal.

“Their locking him up” Martha cried, “their taking him away Jack, their taking him away”.

Please review

Archived