I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

I've just caught up and just want to say that i'm totally hooked on this fic; there are so many cool things going on, the whole niceness of Cam and the goings on in his childhood, Martha still seeing him but with her obvious attraction for Jack, Jack getting caught up with getting Cam arrested in the first place, more evidence to suggest Cam isn't really the guy we thought we knew, and Tthat italicsised section that keeps cropping up an bugging me, which i think has something to do with Martha!

I think that is all, but have a feeling that there is much more to come on tues! Its so much like the real HAA, its scary lol

Yay for Dolly :D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, thanks for the reviews, it's much appreciated. Here's the next chapter:

Chapter number 6. Why?

“Martha, look at me” Jack started, seeing Martha break down in front of him where they both still stood on the waiting room of the station, “he's not guilty yet, and were going to make sure he doesn't go down for this, ok?” he continued, moving towards her and holding her close.

“And what if it's not Jack!” she snapped, pulling away from him on one quick motion, “this morning you told me it was going to be fine and now look what's happened”.

“Look-”

“Don't start Jack, I don't need you to tell me it's alright, cause it's not” she told him, starting to settle down a bit and crying less, stopping she wiped away a tear from on eye, taking a sniff through her nose and trying to hold herself together. “What I need is for this to be over, and to stop worrying about the whole thing every five seconds of my life”.

“Yeah I know” Jack answered calmly, trying not to make her start crying again, “how about you go sit down in my office and I'll get you some more coffee and find out what's going on” he suggested, placing one hand on her shoulder to guide her to his office.

Martha nodded gently, letting him lead her through the door and pull out a chair for her to sit on. “Thanks”.

“That's ok” he said softly, rubbing her shoulders quickly before starting to head for the door, “you just try and relax and let me take care of things” he told her before disappearing and closing the door.

Letting out one big huff before starting to cry again, Martha tipped her head back and closed her eyes, right now she felt like her whole world was crashing down around her, and all she could do was sit and watch. It wasn't fair, why Cam? Why her? It didn't make any sense.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“What do you mean you can't reach him?” The man's voice asked holding the telephone to his ear as he paced around one of the large living rooms of his mansion. He'd changed since this morning, he now wore his usual suit and tie instead of the black clothing and Bennie that covered his short blond hair.

“I don't know, but his not answering his private line, and....” the voice on the other end paused.

“And what?”

“And one of the other guys said that he saw him get arrested this morning” he forced himself to say, he knew he was going to cop it now, big time.

“What!?” the man yelled, if this was right then things were on a very fine line, “do you realized what's at stake now?”.

“Yes I do, I'm not stupid Trent!” he snapped back, lucky for him he was only telling him all this over the phone, if it had been face to face he would have been knocked out by now.

“Good, now get him out of there or your life will be extremely short” Trent warned, hanging up without even waiting for a response or saying goodbye.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Jack reentered his office where Martha sat, she wasn't going to like this, not one bit. She looked up at him, tears still slowly rolling from her eyes and down her cheeks, right now she was so lost that she couldn't see an end to all this.

“Here” Jack said softly passing her a warm mug of hot coffee.

“Thanks” she sobbed, taking it gratefully and having a sip of it, Jack always made the best coffee, probably cause he lived of the stuff like it was mothers milk or something. “Do you know anything about Cam yet?”

Jack nodded taking a set in front of her and taking in a deep breath, this wasn't going to be good, she knew that much already. “That phone call before” Jack began, Martha's eyes fixed intently upon him, “it was from the police station at Reeften lakes, some one their that they've just arrested claims to be working with Cam” Jack explained, “In a drug business”.

“But, but-” Martha started, but no other words came out.

“Stacie” he called out, “Stacie” Brett continued, making his way down the hallway of the house to where he finally saw her, she was still sitting there, where she had been most of the time in the last few days, crying and waiting for her daughter Lucy to be returned to her.

“Come on Stace, this isn't healthy, you've got to do something, anything, sitting here isn't going to help” he said, sitting down next to her.

Stacie ignored the comment, changing the subject, she didn't want to do anything, she just wanted Lucy back. “What if she doesn't come back Brett, what if they've done something to her, what if they've killed her” she asked, not looking up.

“That's not going to happen” Brett tried to reason with her, “the police are out there looking for her, and they're going to bring her back”.

“And what if they don't” she cried losing the plot and crying into her brother's shoulder, it was times like these when the Macklin family wondered if they had more enemies then friends.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Cam sat in the small cell at the police station, why did this have to happen to him? But then again, he knew he deserved it, not for the reasons that he'd been put here, he was innocent of that, but he'd done something a lot worse.

He'd been trying to deny what he was doing, and what he still had to do, but he couldn't anymore, and to think that he was actually capable of it made him sick, his father had always told him that he'd turn out exactly like him, and he was right about it too. In fact the way he was feeling at the moment, he was worse than his father.

It all started five years ago, he'd just finished a shift at the bar he worked at in Sydney, and gotten a taxi due to the fact that his car was still at the service station getting fixed.

Five years earlier

When he'd gotten into the cab, he knew something wasn't right, but he'd brushed it off thinking he was just tired. About fifteen minutes later when they were halfway there the cab driver pulled around the wrong corner, not even stopping to turn around or notice his mistake.

“Um Sir, we weren't supposed to turn there” Cam had told him, leaning forward only to notice that they were driving down an extremely long alley way. “Where are we going?”

But he got no answer, the driver just kept going like he hadn't heard a thing. “What's your name?” the driver finally asked, he knew he had the right guy, he just had to make sure.

“Cam” he answered, slightly hesitant.

“Cameron Roberts?”

“Y, y, yeah”.

“Good, I thought it was you, your father told me you would be useful to us”.

“How do you know my dad?” Cam snapped, getting angry.

“Steady on, you don't need to be all defensive, I'm not going to hurt you” the driver informed him. “Me and your dad used to be mates back in Perth, along with Trent, he's been trying to find your for ages, just wait till he finds out I found you without even trying to, he's going to-”

“Look it's flipping one in the morning, could you just do your job and drive me home” Cam interrupted.

“Yeah I will soon, first theirs someone that wants to see you” he told him, pulling up the car in the darkness as a light turned on and he now realized that they were outside a small apartment in the middle of all the big buildings that surrounded them.

“What are you doing here at this hour” a man asked, coming out of the front door, then stopped when he saw Cam. “Oh my word” he started, looking back at the cab driver, “it isn't-”

“Yeap” he answered.

“Could someone please tell me what's going on?” Cam asked, still trying to get his head around what was happening.

“Of course how rude of me” the told him, “My names Trent Reynolds, and I'm guessing your Cameron Roberts” he explained, walking closer to Cam and holding his hand out to greet him.

Cam hesitated before reaching out to shake it, this definitely wasn't something he was expecting to happen to him when he hopped out of bed this morning. “So why did you bring me here”.

“I'll explain inside” Trent told him, stepping back towards the door of his house and opening it to welcome him in.

“This way” the taxi driver told him encouraging him to follow his lead, they had so much to talk about, so much they needed him to do, by what Cam's father had told them, he was the kind of person that could do pretty much anything.

Cam took in a deep breath as he walked through the door, this wasn't good, and from what things looked like at the moment, it seemed pretty doggy. Something his father would of loved, that's the only reason Cam had believed that he was responsible for this.

Please review.

Great chapter. Isnt Cam's surname Reynolds. Or is it different in this???

:lol: Thats what i thought!

This is great. But sad for Jacky and Martha. :(

Jacks still in love with her :( and Martha grieving over Cam <_<

Im still not sure about Cam though! I dont no whether to be sad for him or not.....

More please :)

This is great. But sad for Jacky and Martha. :(

Jacks still in love with her :( and Martha grieving over Cam <_<

Im still not sure about Cam though! I dont no whether to be sad for him or not.....

More please :)

Yes it is sad for Jack and Martha but don't feel sorry for Cam that evil manipulative shrewd is only getting what he deserves.

Well fabby update :D More soon?

Archived