I Hope You Dance

Guest dolly-999

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Cam being so nice and understanding?

lol, maybe he's just a nice and understanding person :P

Thanks for the reviews guys it's much apreciated.

Chapter number 2. finding peace

“Hey Irene could I please get a cheese cake” Martha asked happily as she came to the counter of the dinner.

“Yeah, you might have to wait for just a minute darl, Leah's just finishing one off” Irene explained. “So how are you finding it living back up stairs again, I haven't had a chance to talk to you in a couple of weeks”.

“Yeah it's been great thanks, still settling in, but I'm sure it will feel more like home soon” Martha sighed, she didn't want to say to much. Lately the main reason for people she used to be close to talking to her was simply to try and talk her into moving back in with Sally, ditching the new boyfriend and going back to Noah's to work, it had really started to get to her too. They all just didn't get it, she had a life, and that life didn't revolve around them, why couldn't they just get that?

Then their was the way people talked about Cam behind her back when they thought she wasn't listening, but she could hear it all, every single lying word of it, and as far as she was concerned, they didn't know the first thing about him. Cam wasn't the kind of person people thought he was, they thought he was a sleaze bag only out to get a younger girl friend, but he wasn't, so what if she was younger, that didn't matter, well not to her anyway. He treated her with more respect than any of the backstabbing, so called family and friends of Summer bay that she'd once thought were good people, and he cared for her more than she could describe in words.

None of them knew him, none of them were right, none of them cared.

“Well that's good to hear then love” Irene smiled, breaking Martha away from her thoughts. “I hope it keeps going well for you, and that new boyfriend of yours, I'll have to meet him some time”.

Martha just stood their in shock, didn't she listen to all of the other people of the town, yeah she'd been in Paris for a while, but, she worked inside the same four wall as flipping Colleen for goodness sakes, was she deaf?

Not that it was a bad thing that she didn't jump to believe all the rumors, but she'd gotten so used to the way everyone else talked that when Irene had said that it hit her in the face.

She smiled, happy that some one finally wasn't out to judge her decisions, “Yeah sure, I'll have to bring him down here later and introduce you two”.

“Well whoever he is I'm sure he must be pretty special” Irene added reaching for a tray of food that Leah passed through the window and handed it to one of the waitresses.

“Yeah” Martha nodded, “he definitely is very special” she added as Leah brought out a cheese cake from the kitchen.

“Here we go, one cheese cake” Leah said placing it in a box and putting it on the counter for her before disappearing back into the kitchen.

“So how was Paris?” Martha asked, it was the first time that she'd actually talked to Irene since she got back.

“It was great, I caught up with Beth too, she should be back soon”.

“Oh ok” Martha answered, trying to act like it was a good thing when really in her mind it wasn't, Beth was definitely on her list of people to avoid, due to the expected questions she'd been copping from everyone lately.

“Anyway” Martha started, “I better head off” she explained handing Irene fifteen dollars and picking up the box.

“Yeah, I'll have to catch up with you again soon then love”.

“Yeah that would be great” she smiled before turning to leave, only to see Jack walking straight throught the door.

Imediently she could feel his eyes fixed on her, like he was watching every single breath she took to the point where she felt more then just uncomfortable, she felt sick. She looked at him where he had frozen in the door way with people walking around him, but they all seemed to fade away... and there was Jack, just standing there.

She chocked, waking back up to the usual sound of chatter in the background, and then she realized that she'd stopped breathing, she could feel herself breathing quickly to catch her breath.

“Martha” Jack started, finally moving towards her.

“Jack I don't have time” she lied, trying to get passed him and out the door.

“Martha” he tried again.

Martha gave in, stopping where she was and tapping one foot on the ground impatiently. “What?” she shot out, her tone clearly not impressed.

“I tried Martha, I really did” he tried to explain, “but I couldn't get Cam out of the drug scandal”.

“Yeah sure you tried” Martha snapped sarcastically, once again trying to move around him to get out, but she couldn't seem too.

“Yes I did” Jack argued, “Look ok, your right, I don't like the guy, and I do think you could do much better-”

“What like you?” she scoffed.

Jack rolled his eyes, “Look my point is, whether I like him or not, that doesn't come into my work, and if I could get him out would, cause believe it or not I don't think he did it”.

Martha froze for a minute, “Wh, wh, what?” she stuttered, still not believing what she heard.

“I don't think he did it” Jack repeated, still not letting himself fall apart to the fact that she would probably scream at him in a minute and tell him not to suck up to her, not that he was even trying to in the first place. “Look Martha my hands are tied, they only person that can prove him inocent now is a good lawyer”.

“Yeah, thanks, I'm sure we'll find one” she said, pulling herself together and turning serious, “anyway I should probably get back upstairs” she told him, she had to get away from him now, if she didn't they'd probably end up turning this into a fight, or things would get mushy, ether way she'd regret it the next day and then she'd end up snapping at him more.

“Yeah, bye” Jack managed to get out before she walked out of the dinner.

Please review.

Archived