The Summer Bay Massacre (by Perry) - comments

-ParaisGal-

Floss walked back inside she looked down at the three cards. The Lovers, The Devil and Death.

Crap, now I have to consult my Tarot card book to work out what that meant :P

Basically it's up to interpretation, the three cards drawn, the first "The Lovers" comes from the past, The second "The Devil" is Present and the third "Death" is the future. Interpret it however you want to, just know that death doesn't exactly mean Death of Lucas, though it is still very possible ;)

Here are meanings taken from http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/:

Often, the Lovers will refer to a relationship when it appears in a reading, and when it does, that relationship will be a perfect expression of the love between two people. This will almost always be a sexual relationship, though not necessarily. You must always keep in mind, though, the potential for conflict despite happy beginnings. Love is a flame that must not be left unattended; it must be fueled and allowed to burn for as long and as brightly as possible. If not a physical pairing of man and woman, the Lovers can also show the integration of two conflicting parts of yourself, the masculine and the feminine. Through the combination, greater wisdom is revealed.

When the Devil card appears in a reading it usually shows that you are not in control of your life, sometimes as a result of your own actions, but more often as a byproduct of inaction. This loss of control often leads to loss of hope, and a lack of faith in your own abilities. Sometimes ignorance and materialism are the tools of the Devil, and those traits will be evident if you focus on worldly possessions and power while ignoring the spiritual power you have inside of you. As a result, your creativity and energy can be seriously impaired, and you may not wish to regain control of yourself.

When the Death card appears, big changes are heading your way. Usually this change refers to something in your lifestyle; an old attitude or perspective is no longer useful and you have to let go of it. While the Hanged Man was a card of voluntary sacrifice, the Death card is a forced sacrifice - but that does not mean that it is not for your own good. Sometimes you cannot see how your attitudes are hurting you, and when that is true, the Death card is your wake-up call. Death is not simply destruction; it is destruction followed by renewal. Even though one door may have closed, another is opening. Will you have the courage to step through?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't a happy chapter :(. Poor Charlie, Greg is so mean to him... I'm glad Lucas is sticking by him though. It would be easy for him to hate Charlie, especially if he really does want to get with Roo. Hopefully Dean will distract him from that though :wink:

Ah this fic is a tangled web and I love it!

"You're amazing you know that?"

You just earned yourself 50 imaginary writer bucks :D. And that "witch" comment might have brought it up to an even 100, hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

That was awesome. Everything was just... ah.

I was watching an old vampire movie last night. The guy said that there's no greater pleasure than taking a human life. I don't know about that, but I tell ya, envisioning Lily's bloody, terroriffic demise... *swoons.*

And just when I thought that would be the best thing I'd read all night, you go and throw a chapter at me that has Dean and Lucas sharing their preference for Johnny Depp, Kim and Roo all angry and agressive, Charlie being all scared and adorable with Candy there to take care of him... even Greg was amusing! The only thing I was upset over was Belle slapping Lucas - it was written perfectly though, Dean watching from a distance with no mistaking how it had gone down. I just hope that Belle can forgive Lucas some day. I want them to be friends forever :(

Edited by emmasi

SIIIIIIIIGH

Oh it's alright. I never expected him to be in this fic anyway, so any time was good time... well, apart from his violent and bloody death... but at least you didn't show it... He was annoying me anyway, not hitting on Lucas and trying to keep Charlie away from Roo. Not cool -__-

... Sigh again... it's been a while since Andrew was seen... eh :(

SIIIIIIIIGH

Oh it's alright. I never expected him to be in this fic anyway, so any time was good time... well, apart from his violent and bloody death... but at least you didn't show it... He was annoying me anyway, not hitting on Lucas and trying to keep Charlie away from Roo. Not cool -__-

Yes but the time he spent wasn't pointless it was actually pretty crucial...

... Sigh again... it's been a while since Andrew was seen... eh :(

Yeah... There's a good reason for that!

If someone was to post suspiciously similar dialogue and scenarios... well, you'd know that that was already written, and plotted out in that someone's head... wouldn't you... :unsure:?

Ahem...

Poor Charlie. He's so scared of being bad. I hope Roo can protect him...

I loved the line about "some chick offed herself by jumping in front of a train" - excellent continuity, and I love the blase attitude they have about it. It's just some nameless person who made Tabby late, and THAT's the biggest tragedy, that they she had to wait four hours. It's so true - that's exactly how most people would react. Little do they know that it was Lilly. Eh, maybe they wouldn't care anyway :P

So.... Colby, Drew and Dean all went to the same bording school, would we?? That could get interesting...