A Mother's Love Calls for Desperate Decisions

Guest beckyboo

Thanks to Sian for proofing it

Chapter three

“Dad? Luc?” Jack called as he and Martha walked into Beth and Tony’s place

“Hey Jack, Mac” Lucus greeted them with a smile

“Where's dad?”

“Oh um he and Beth are out why?” Luc asked suspiciously.

“Well me and Jack are going to apply for adoption” Martha says happily

“Oh my god that’s so awesome” Luc tells them “Im really happy for you two you deserve it I mean it truly I do” he added. He was genuinely happy for them because he knew the amount of pain they had gone through, he knew that they wanted a big family but something always went wrong. He hoped that they would find happiness soon.

“Ok Lucus what do you want?” Martha asked, knowing that Lucas is usually nice, but today he was extra nice.

“Well now you come to mention it” he smirked.

“How much” Jack laughed as he got his wallet out.

“$20 I promise to pay you back” Lucus began

“Don’t worry about it” Jack replied

“Ok Mac I love you but what have to done with my tight ass brother” he joked with Martha, who laughed along because she too was confused, normally Lucas has to beg for Jack to give him something. Today Jack seemed to be in a very good mood.

A few hours later seen as Beth and Tony had just arrived home, Martha and Jack thought it was best to get all their families together so at their place:

Alf

Tony

Ric

Luc

Beth

Sally

Mattie

Cassie

Macca

“Well we were just going to go to the diner and tell Colleen and let nature take its course” Martha joked and looked towards Jack, so he could say something.

“But we decided against it, we wanted to see your faces” Jack said getting slightly sidetracked in what they were their to say.

“Come on mate I wanna know get to the point” Ric yelled out, half laughing but half annoyed.

“Well I already know mate” Lucus teased Ric

“Well Lucus if you don’t be quite we will make you pay us back and Eric if you shout out again we will tell everyone but you” Martha poked her tongue at them

“Fine” Ric said as he shut up

“Go one babe you can tell them” jack said encouraging her

“Ok well me and Jack have given this a lot of thought and we have decided to apply for adoption” she said happily. She saw all the looks on their families faces of happy and even happy tears which was a good thing to see after so many sad tears.

Martha and Jack lay in bed that night happy they had not been this happy in a long time.

“You sure you want to do this, I mean look at Kim and Rach” Jack said as he put his arms around her.

“Yes Jack we need to do this we want a baby” she sighed happily, leaning her head into his chest, enjoying the feeling of his hear beat against her skin.

“Don’t you want one now” she asked slighly shocked, taking her head from his chest and staring into his eyes.

“Hey baby of course I do stop panicking” Jack soothed her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“Good” she sighed and lay her head back down as they slowly fell asleep in each others arms.

Four months later

Jack and Martha had still not received a baby and this was frustrating Martha, they had been so close to adopting a baby boy whose mother was a teenage drug user but she then refused to give them the baby. This was so painful, it felt like the other times when she was carrying the baby in her tummy and then one day, it was gone.

“Jack were not giving up” she yelled at him, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't believe he had thought it, let alone suggested it to her. He said he wanted a child, just like me.

“I never said that I just said maybe we should leave it for a while” he said trying to calm her down.

“You don’t want a baby do you” she asked him, sadness coming across her suddenly

“Of course I do but could we ask Becky to be a surrogate for us” he asked her, a small smile on his face to comfort her. He held his arms out to hold her but she stopped.

“No because then my sister would be the mother of your child my husband” she cried.

Just then there was a letter dropped on the floor by the door mat

Mr and Mrs Holden it said on the envelope

Jack opened it read and passed it to Martha.

Preview

What was in that letter?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great two chapters, I always get teary reading this. I'm glad they were looking into adoption. The surrogacy thing sounds interesting as well!! Poor Martha! The line about her hurting after all the miscarriages was so sad. Can't wait to find out what's in the letter though... Update soon!

why do i get the feeling jack doesn't want children?!

probably cos he doesnt but i hope he changes his mind

He probably wants a baby but is scared too, because they ahve come so close to having children and then lost them. He's weary about it and he's doing as a protection.

Bec I'll proof the next two chaps and send them soon :) x

Archived