A Mother's Love Calls for Desperate Decisions

Guest beckyboo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter five

“Oh my god” Martha and Jack both completely in shock as they looked at the young women in front of them.

“Oh my word, you guys were the last people I expected to see” the young woman said as she realised how difficult this might be.

“What does this mean?” Martha asked the young women but it was a question she was asking herself.

“It means you get to take your daughter home and be a family” the woman spat.

“Really even though you no it’s us and where we live and stuff your not going to turn up and claim her back are you” Martha asked with a hint of worry in her voice. All these thoughts were going around and round in her head.

“No of course not, I really couldn’t ask for two better people to adopt her” the woman smiles reassuringly

4 hours later

Martha and Jack had been home with the baby and were just cooing over her when they noticed it was 7pm and they were meant to be meeting their family at 6.30pm.

“Jack oh my god we’re late” she panicked and picked up the baby and ran towards the car leaving Jack to pick the baby bag up.

“Martha stop panicking would you, don’t worry” he smirked.

At the surf club

“Where the hell are they?” Tony said with anticipation in his voice “I want to meet my grandchild” he added smiling brightly.

Martha and Jack walked into the surf club with the baby and soon everyone was bombarding them with questions.

“Will everyone shut up” Jack laughed “Martha and I would like to introduce the newest member of the Holden family” he proudly gazed down at his daughter.

“This is Nicole Kate Holden” she said proudly as she cradled the newborn in her arms.

“Can I hold her” Ric went over and asked Martha.

“Ummmm” Martha began nervously. She didn’t ever want to put her down.

“Mate of course you can” Jack said laughing at Martha they had only had her for 5 hours and already Martha was becoming one of those clingy mothers. Boy, it was going to be fun trying to get them separated in the future, Jack could just see it in 10 years the two women in his life would become nightmares, always ganging up on him.

“Fine but your dead if you drop her” Martha warned him.

“As if I’m that careless, did I drop Pippa when she was a baby?” Ric said as a matter of fact.

“Fine then” Martha said as she reluctantly passed Nicole to Ric. For the next 5 minutes she kept her eye on him, making sure he didn’t.

Back home

“Jack are we going to tell anyone who the birth mother is?” Martha asked Jack

“Nope why should we, once they know who it is they will stop at nothing to make sure she gets the baby back you no that Mac” Jack said

“Yeah your right” Martha smiled weakly

The next day

“You look so tired babe” Jack commented to Martha

“Well someone was keeping mummy awake all night” Martha smiled to the baby

“You love it don’t ya” Jack said he smiled at Martha

“Nicole of course I do silly daddy” she cooed

“No waking up in the middle of the night to a baby” Jack said

“Yes I do” she sighed “It’s what we have wanted for so long” she added

“Hey guys” Tony shouted as he came in

“Hello, Nic lets go and see granddad hey then mummy can have a shower” she said to the newborn.

“Well hello miss Holden, you’re just as pretty as your mummy” Tony laughed and looked at Martha.

Martha went to have a shower and get ready they were taking Nicole to sign the papers this morning.

“So in 5 hours she will officially be ours” Martha informed Tony

“Yep in 5 hours you will be a Holden for life” Jack cooed to Nic

“Hey guys” Maddie said as she came in

“Tony mum told me to come and tell you she has had to go to the city” Maddie said

“Why shopping” he laughed

“No Kits had an accident” Maddie said seriously

“Oh my god is she ok” Tony said

“Yeah she tried to kill herself that’s all” Maddie said sarcastically but very upset.

Martha and Jack just looked at each other dumbfound.

“What why” Martha said clearly upset.

“Who knows” Maddie replied

I might tell you in the next chapter who the mum is

MIGHT!!!!!! becky you have to!!!! aww please dont let there baby get taken away from them i hadnt read this fic in ages id completely forgotten the name of it but it is great cant wait for the update which will be soon right? lol im going to annoy you on msn for one now well when you coem on lol :P UPDATE ASAP :)

xoxox

i had the same reaction as tiffy...MIGHT???? why might?????? that was a fab chapter....now i know why martha said when everyone finds out they're going to want the mother to keep the child (something along the lines) brilliant update....more soon pleeease....xx

Thanks to Sian

Chapter six

I should have stated at the end of chapter 5 that when Kit tried to Kill herself it was a month later

Beth and Kit were sitting on the bed together and Beth was trying to get to open up but to no avail.

“Kit why did you do this” she asked her, she was trying to understand but she couldn't understand why her beautiful intelligent daughter would do this.

“Because” Kit said simply

“Would you like to tell me” she asked her again

“No not really” Kit sighed “but I suppose you will drag it out of me one way or another so here goes” she added

“So you tried to kill yourself over a boy?” Beth said.

Meanwhile

“As you are aware we have had to postpone the adoption due to unforeseen circumstances but if you sign the papers and then I will travel back to the city to as the birth mother to sign them then it will be all done ok” Laura said to Martha and Jack in her office.

Beth had arrived home and Kit had come with her they had talked though why Kit had tried to kill herself but there was something else Kit needed to tell Beth but she just couldn't get the nerve to tell her, what would she think of her?, what would anyone think of her. The mother who gave her daughter away because she couldn't cope.

Martha and Jack were walking up the path to Tony and Beth’s.

“Hey guys guess what” Jack beamed as they walked in.

“Hey what” Tony asked

“We signed the papers before” Martha smiled happily “Laura’s gone to the city now to get the birth mum to sign them” she added smiling at Jack.

“Martha, Jack hello” Kit said as she walked out of the bathroom

“Hey” Martha and Jack both said, shocked.

“So I heard you two adopted a baby hey” Kit said smiled cheerfully, although inside it was breaking her heart.

“Yer we did” Martha said unsure of what to do in this situation.

“Well lets see then” Kit said as she headed towards Nicole’s pram and looked in there. When she saw the beautiful baby in the pram, in her little pink baby grows, she felt some sort of emotion stir inside of her. All she wanted to do was to hold the girl.

“Oh guys she beautiful” Kit added smiled.

“Why don’t you guys stay for dinner” Tony asked Martha and Jack

“Umm sure” Jack replied, unsure but he knew if they said no they would have to give a reasonable explanation.

“I just need to go home and get Nic a bottle then why don’t you come with me Kit we can have a catch up” Martha said darting her eys over to Kit, practically begging for her to come outside. She needed to know what was with Kit re-appearence, where did it leave her family?

“Sure ok” Kit replied and grabbed her bag.

Outside the house

As soon as they left the house and were out of view point from the house and was sure no-one could hear them, Martha grabbed Kits arms and turned Kit to face her.

“What the hell are you doing Kit?” Martha asked her

“Excuse me?” Kit asked

“You promised us that you wouldn't come back for her” Martha told her, tears forming in her eyes. Now Nicole was her daughter, she didn't want Kit to come back and demand her to give the child back, She didn't think she could take it.

“Im not back for her, mum doesn’t even know about her” she said sincelery.

“Then why the hell did you try and top yourself” Jack asked from behind he had followed the girls out.

“I just missed her so much” Kit said “Guys what im saying is I want her back” she added.

Archived