A Mother's Love Calls for Desperate Decisions

Guest beckyboo

Chapter Four

“What were you saying about giving up” Martha beamed at Jack

“Ok your right babe, I’m sorry” Jack smiled sincerely

“Let’s call Laura” she said “and Becky” she added really excited but there was a part of her that was nervous, she didn’t think she could cope if this went wrong.

Martha and Jack had just received a letter informing them that there was a baby in the city maternity hospital waiting for a loving family and that Martha and Jack had been carefully chosen by the adoption agency.

“Hello may I speak with Laura Wells please” Jack asked down the phone politely.

“And who is calling please” the person asked

“Mr and Mrs Holden” he replied.

“Hello guys, I guess you got my letter” she asked Jack

“Yeah we did” Jack answered her

“Put me on speaker so I can tell Martha too” she asked

“We have a little girl here, whose mother has decided to put her up for adoption and I know this is short notice but after careful consideration but we think you have a loving stable environment for this baby to grow up in. As you know there are forms needing to be signed etc.. but I‘ll let the news sink in first” she asked them

“Oh my god” Martha squealed excitedly

“Can you come to the hospital, lets say 3pm?” Laura asked before, hanging up.

“Oh my god Jack that is in four hours time” she told him excitedly, while throwing her arms around him and holding him tightly. She couldn’t believe it, they were going to have a child- something she has dreamt of having, since she was a child herself.

“Ano I have to go and phone dad and you need to call Becky too” he said, still in shock, he couldn’t believe it was happening either, he just hoped everything would be fine.

3pm

Martha and Jack were at the hospital were they walked nervously towards the room where Laura and the baby were waiting. Jack squeezed Martha’s hand reassuringly and kissed her on the head and Martha responded with a warm smile. She was trying to be clam but inside she was so happy and just wanted to tell everyone and anyone.

“Well Mr and Mrs Holden meet your daughter” Laura replied as she handed Martha a little bundle wrapped tightly in a pink blanket. Martha looked at the beautiful little life in her arms and she had beautiful eyes she was nearly moved to tears. Jack came up behind Martha, putting his arm around her side, he rubbed the babies chin and “Heyy there little girl, your very pretty”

“Can we meet the birth mum” Martha asked suddenly after tearing her eyes away from her new daughter to meet Laura’s.

“Do you think that’s such a good idea” Jack said

“Yes im sure she will want to know that we will take good care of her” she replied then looked down towards the little girl.

“Okay then ill just go and ask her” Laura replied, leaving the new family with the newest addition.

In the hospital room

“Hey the adoptive parents would like to meet you” she told the young woman

“Hey sure yer whatever send them in” the young woman replied uninterested

“Ok I will” Laura replied and went out to tell Jack and Martha they could go in

“Maybe the baby should stay with me” Laura replied and stretched out her hands.

“Umm yeah of course” Martha said handing the little pink bundle over to the woman

Martha and Jack made there way towards the room when they got there they knocked.

“Come in” The young woman replied looking up and meeting the couples eyes.

Martha and Jack walked in and got the shock of their lives when they seen who was laying on the bed.

Preview?

Who's the woman!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived