All Or Nothing

Guest ~Amy~

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 6 - Dedicated to Becs! coz she rocks :D

"Is that necklace new?" Cal asked softly sipping some wine.

"This one?" Taking it in her hand she shook her head. "No, Jack got it for me for my birthday."

"Right," Gritting his teeth Cal turned his attention back to his pocket. "Theres something I've been meaning to ask you for a while now..." he started.

"Yeah?"

"Well we've been together or a while now and I feel like I know everything there is to know about you."

"Okay," Martha laughed not really following.

"I feel like we're not really moving forward. So onto the question...."

Martha's hand stopped half way between her face and the table. She'd realised what was about to happen.

"Martha-" An interuption from the phone caused Cal to roll his eyes and mutter under his breath.

"I, um.. I'll get that," she stutured. Replaying the last few minutes over again in her hand she distantly greeted the caller on the other end.

"Martha its Lucas," Before she could reply he pipped up again. "There's uh been an accident."

"What? What happened?" MArtha asked; Lucas now having her full attention.

"Jacks in the hospital," And that was all it took. Grabbing her keys she pulled open the door and was driving within seconds.

Hearing the slam of the door Cal walked into the hall. Where the hell was she?

--------------

"Milking it for all its worth, eh?" Lara laughed at the sight of Jack sitting between a pile o cushions and a stack of magazines on his left.

"You know me," Jack grinned cheekily.

Rachel had just called him one of the luckiest guys on the planet and Lara felt the luckiest girl; being in a small room with Jack on her own.

"How's your arm feel?" Lara asked pointing to the cast.

"Still broken."

"We're back," Lucas announced entering the room with what looked like a whole bag of junk, "And we come bearing gifts"

"Oooh hand them over." Jack said reaching out for the bag.

"Now now, please and thank you goes a long way Jacky boy," Lucas grinned slapping his hand away.

"Please?" Jack pleaded up and lucas. Tony grabbed the bag an hit Lucas playfully over the head.

Smiling blissfully Lara made herself comfortable on the side of Jacks bed.

"Did you reach Martha?" Jack asked not taking his eyes off the bag of goodies sitting on Tonys lap.

Taking a minute out from sulking Luke answered the question. "Yeah she's on her way I think."

As the smile slowly faded from Lara's face the noise of the door opening caught everyones attention.

"You're okay!" Martha beamed.

"Yep, can't keep me down for long."

"When did it happen?"

"Couple of hours ago," Lara nodded

Although relieved he was fine, Martha couldn't help feel annoyed that she hadn't been called sooner - she was supposed to be his best friend! Her mood was turning sour. It certainly wasn't helped by the way Lara was staring at Jack, just what was going on between those two?!

"Looks like you're having a party," She said spotting Tony trying to grab a lolly out of the bag without being noticed. Fat chance!

"Oi!" Jack stated, "I'm the injured one. I'm supposed to be getting special treatement."

"Boy you whinge a lot." Luke teased.

"Thanks for taking time out of your sulking long enough to tell me that!"

Feeling her bag vibrate for what felt like the 20th time Martha excused herself into the corridor. Seeing Cals name flash on the screen she reluctantly answered.

"About time!" Cal nearly shouted into the phone "I've been going out of my mind, where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital; with Jack."

"Jack," Cal laughed "It always comes back to him doesn't it?!"

"What are you talking about?" Martha said matching his tone.

"Just Call me when you want me to pick you up," He sighed.

"I'll drive myself home," The stubborn side of Martha was starting to rear its head.

"Have it your way then."

Not even bothering to reply Martha shut the phone angrily.

Next Chapter: Lara & Martha talk

Please read & review. :)

Just caught up and the last few chapters were great!

I want Lara and Martha to slug it out- and the winner will be awarded with the 'oh-so-handsome' Constable Holden :wub:

I still do feel sorry for Cal. Aww, and he was just about to propose too.

Can't wait for more :)

Archived