Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, facebook can sometimes make it worse, especially when I stalk him ... I hate him with a passion for what he's done to me. Yet I still want our friendship.

It makes me wonder if I am really that much of an awful person to be around :unsure:

I highly doubt your a awful person you seem like a really nice person to me

maybe your ex just feels awkward with you at monment

maybe your get the friendship over some time

hope that helps you feel better it problaby dont know if I am helping :D

Thanks for asking Pembie :D Daughter is much much better. Still weak but we are feeding her up. But the best thing was: we didn't have to go to hospital with her this time!!! Which is fantastic and a relief.

Carina I think maybe you should try and block your ex. It takes a long time for feelings to calm down, I'll send you a PM.

Thanks Catherine, I sent you a PM back too.

Thank you Steve. I don't know why my ex should feel awkward though.

We haven't been together for two years & now he's engaged to someone he's been dating for just over a year.

I wouldn't even get back with him, it's just the fact that he doesn't talk to me anymore & it hurts that he could get over me so quickly.

Easier said than done Zetti but thank you.

I know, I have been in that position myself. It is really hard but with time it will get easier, it might not seem like it right not but it will :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so last night before I went to bed, I was in extreme pain with a mouth ulcer & had a bit of a sore throat. I wasn't surprised because I have such a bad cold & have been quite run down recently. Funny how as soon as I am signed off from college, I become even more ill than I have been over the past two yers. (& I have always been ill these past couple of years, so that's saying something).

Anyway, I also noticed bad pain at the back of teeth, on the gum where your wisdom teeth would grow. I brushed it off, thinking that maybe, because I had an ulcer & a sore throat, my mouth just ached in general, so I put some bonjela on it & slept it off.

This morning, when I woke up, my ulcer still hurt as I expected but my gum really hurt. It was only me & my sister at home, so there wasn't really anything I could do or anyone I could ask at the time as to what could be wrong. I considered that my wisdom teeth were coming through but couldn't really see clearly when I looked in the mirror, and I'm the type of person who throws everything out of proportion. I wondered whether I should take paracetamol but I didn't want to chance it, in case I was being silly & there wasn't anything really wrong.

Anyway, when my mum came home, she did look & she said that I have a wisdom tooth coming through (only one gum hurts so I knew which one was coming through) & wow, does it hurt.

Anyway, the point of the post is; what do I do to help the pain? Paracetamol is what my mum suggested so I have taken a couple of those & I have put on some more bonjela but that's not doing anything. Is there any other pain relief? I just keep getting the feeling to bite down on something to help, like a dummy :lol: But it just really hurts.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Aww I'm sorry to hear Carina :( I had that when my wisdom tooth came through and had ulcers and pain all down my throat and neck it's horrible. And the gum swells up which is probably why you feel like you need to bite down.

I get ulcers quite a lot and the best thing I've found that works is iglu gel. It's quite expensive but sticks to the ulcer so it has a coating over it and you can't knock it and it also has anaesthetic in it to so will heal at the same time. I recommend you put it on just before you go to bed as it works overnight and only takes a couple of days max to clear it up completely. Bonjela is completely useless but it tastes so nice :P

You could try taking some ibuprofen for pain relief? It's an anti-inflammatory so might take down a bit of the swelling? xx

Well it's ironic but I have just finished my baby placement & she seems as though she's beginning to teeth, because she bites down on her dummy now.

So really, I should have taken it before I left :wink: Only I should have got this wisdom tooth come through sometime last week to have got hold of that dummy :lol:

It's a good thing that I don't need to be in college ever again because I have the whole summer instead to be lazy & experience this pain.

We do have ibuprofen at home so I will be taking some of that before I go to bed.

& thank you for the suggestion about the gel. & yes, bonjela tastes lovely.

Although when I say that to my parents, they tell me it's not a food product & it's not there to be eaten :lol:

Thought I'd give you an update. I am still in a lot of pain from my wisdom tooth coming through but I have taken stronger pain killers for that.

But I now have Iglu gel & wow, I was really surprised because it completely covers the ulcer unlike bonjela.

So thank you for that advice :)

xxx

Archived