Support Group

Dan F

I can't deal with your issues. It isn't fair of you to dump that on me and expect me to be ok. I've just got my head around what I've been through this year and now you want me to listen to that. You've got people around you who can help you deal with that and I don't. There is no one who understands where I'm coming from when I explain to them what's gone on with me. I've struggled so hard just to make it through this year and I'm not going to slink back to how I was a while ago. If that means I shut myself off from you then that is what I'm going to do.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really too sure where to post this so I'll put it here ... but is it possible to completely heal scars? I'm an extremely accident prone person & I have various white scars on my legs. Luckily, I was blessed with quite thin legs so I'd like to be able to show them off a bit more (even if they are really pale) but the only part of my body I actually like & deserves to be on show is covered in scars. One was caused when I was very young & I jumped over a garden wall & caught my leg on a sharp edge of a brick & it indented into my leg. I was eight & when my mum mentioned having stitches, I cried & screamed & refused to go to hospital. So I have a white scar from that incident & since, have never expected it to heal. & the others are caused from shaving my legs ... I'm not the luckiest person when it comes to using razor blades & have had various accidents when shaving my legs. The cuts heal but on the occasions where I have accidently torn off the skin with the blade & it leaves a white scar. It just generally looks awful when I wear a dress or shorts & I feel self conscious that it attracts attention so I wanted to know if anything can be done to heal them?

Poor you Carina :( It's very difficult to say whether there's anything out there that you can use to reduce the visibility of scars; there are many treatments such as Bio-Oil which claim to do just that but they're very controversial and there's not actually any evidence to suggest that these do help. Some people will swear by it for stretchmarks in pregnancy and won't get any but whose to say they would have got them anyway? The one thing I can say is that it is highly unlikely anyone else even notices them so try not to feel so self conscious. I think we always look at ourselves and first notice the things we hate about our look when actually other people don't even notice them. Your scars all tell a story so try to embrace them :P

In terms of your edit you made; I meant to comment the other day but didn't get a chance. If you want to PM me about it feel free; you know what line of work I'm in, nothing is too much information for me so if you want any advice or just to talk let me know :)

I did such a stupid thing today and I feel so dangerously close to doing it again. I don't know how to stop myself doing it. I don't want to do it again but I dont know if I can help myself. I hate feeling like this :(

Why can I never seem to do anything right? I can't ever seem to say the right thing or do the right thing ... I'm a total idiot & a failure. I'm not surprised many people don't like me ... I wouldn't like me. In fact, I hate me. I really hate me right now. I unload on everyone else & annoy them & they must get fed up with me. I don't deserve to be here anymore, I don't want to be here anymore.

I like you Carina :) I'm sorry you're struggling so much at the moment :( Don't be so hard on yourself though; I think you'll find there are a lot more people out there that like you than you realise. I went through a period like yours nearer the end of my school year - actually the whole of school. I hated it. It's a huge change in your life and there's so much uncertainty that it's frightening and you don't know whether you're going to keep your friends or even want to. Hold out though because I think going to University is going to be a brilliant thing for you. I found all of my close friends when I started University and that's when I finally managed to go through all the things I do and don't like about myself and now I feel much more settled. You're going to meet new people who won't judge you for anything that's happened in the past and you'll be able to have a fresh start :) x

Archived