Support Group

Dan F

An ex friend of mine keeps pestering me to go to her 21st party and won't take no for an answer.

I haven't been able to trust her since she tried it on with me when she was drunk, and has continually tried to pressure me into doing stuff I'm far from comfortable doing. I blocked her on facebook, so another friend of mine sent me the invite to her party on Facebook. I said straight away that I wouldn't be attending. Then I started getting messages from the girl I blocked constantly pressuring me into going to this party (which I really really don't want to go to/I can't afford to go to).

I just wish she would accept the fact that I'm not going to go, and that she needs to move on.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you just need to be blunt with your friend and say why you don't want to go. There is a possibility that they don't realize you were extremely uncomfortable.

Just wanted to say that I am still alive and am doing well. The new Anxiety/Depression meds are working, I wasn't put on anti-psychotics and am attending groups that help. Plus I am going back to college and now have the timetable woohoo!

... oh and my brother-in-laws may have swine flu. Typical :lol:!

Musie- Thats what I have continually done, is be completely honest and say why I don't want to do everything she wants me to do.(she's someone who won't change no matter what)

She definitely knows how uncomfortable I feel about what she is doing, as it started out as a bet (her friend T. bet her $50 dollars that she would eventually do something to me that I didn't feel comfortable doing, so she kissed me in bar in front of 50+ other people)

I just wish she would disappear from my life completely, My social life has suffered majorly because of the way she seems to feel towards me. The worst thing is, I feel like I can't talk about it with my uni friends, cos word would end up getting back to her :(

I just want things to get back to some form of normality, without her pestering me all the time!

That isn't pestering. That is sexual harrassment.

Men get arrested for doing what she is doing. Perhaps I take things too seriously but what she is doing to you is obviously effecting more than just your feelings, but also your uni life.

Is there anyone at the uni (a tutor or something) you can talk to?

I know I need to talk to my Mum about it (she knows about the situation, whereas Dad only knows about some of it). Knowing that I have some unbiased support would be great atm.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't no 1 support place at uni, apart from if I use the counseling service at student health (which means waiting a couple of weeks for an appointment).At my uni, there are hardly any tutors because there has been major budget cuts which means no tutors.

I think I may be at the end of my rope. :unsure: Too much stuff is doing my head in and eventhough I have a huge support base, a cousellor, a support worker, a pyschologist and a pyschiatrist. I feel as though no one is willing to listen. That no one cares. They don't take my thoughts and feelings seriously and brush the whole thing off as no big deal. I have so many friends and family members around me, but you think I could speak to any of them? No, not really, only a few.. but even they don't know the whole thing. It's too hard to ask for help when I've already got it.

^ I have 3 tips which work for us here at home. :) Maybe they'll help you too. :)

- Put some lavender near your pillow. Or if you have lavender essential oil, put some on your pillow.

- Drink a cup of hot milk (you can even add some honey in it).

- In Belgium, we have an homoeopathic product (pills or drops) called Sedinal. It works pretty well. I have no idea if it's available in the UK but your chemist should be able to help you with that.

Also don't drink coffee or Coke before going to bed. :)

And hopefully, sweet dreams! :D

My best friend has been going out with her boyfriend for 4 months and last week he was admitted to a Psych ward.She told me last night that when one of the other patients said something about her when she was visiting,staff had to stop him from decking the person.Yes,in a Psych ward,how smart!

Anyway,she also told me that doctors have told her not to get a job for now because they won't let him out unless there's someone to watch him.They also said don't take a step back as family and friends have suggested because he'd take it as rejection.When he gets out he'll go on a disability pension and her on a carers and they'll live in a DOH house.

People thought maybe she should take a step back as they've been together such a short time and are practically married which may have caused this.She doesn't have a job and now neither does he and he took on the responbility for both of them which is quite stressful.But as i said,doctors advised against it.

I'm really worried about her.She's only 20 and shouldn't have to take care of him to make sure he doesn't top himself and she she shouldn't feel pressured to stay with him for the same reason.I've told her as much but she just gets defensive and says she won't and she's not.

She says she loves him but this is her first serious relationship and i'm scared she's looking at it through rose coloured glasses.People with mental illness's often have a ongoing battle with depression.their meds,and are in a Psych ward more then once,etc.She should get out and experience more before she decides she wants her life to be like that.

I'm in no way saying they don't deserve to be happy,they do but i feel like she has no idea what she's gotten herself into and she's only young.We don't know what he might say or do,he's already displayed violent tendencies when things don't go his way,etc,someone says something he doesn't like.

I guess the point of me posting this is how do i support her in something i don't support myself?I feel like i need to try,she's always been there for me when i need her but i have no idea how.If she goes through with this relationship there's going to be some really tough times ahead.She was crying and telling me she missed me the other night but it's her fault we haven't seen each other in 2 months.They want to get married when he gets out and she wants me to be matron of honour...In a wedding i don't support...fun!

I'm not sure if i'm making any sence and i sencerely apologize if i've offended anyone.

I also apologize for the length of this post!

I don't post here a lot but i don't know what to do...i quoted my first post so i didn't have to re explain the situation...He's out and has no job.they're still together and i barely ever see her even though she's down this way a lot to see him.

We went out last night and she said she had to go wait out front for him later so he can give her some moneu because she didn't have much on her but she'll come back because she was going to stay at my place.Well about half an hour after she left i called him to see what was going on and she was with him at a friends place!!!!!I was furious that she would leave me there and not even call so i said thanks for nothing you could have called i've been waiting for you.She hang up on me so i called back really peeved and was going to tell her our friendship is over because i won't be treated like crap and i'm sick of everything being about him,she doesn't have her own life.She didn't answer though so i didn't.

I was in tears,people kept asking if i was ok and it took me 2 hours to get home.

Chances are she'll eventually call and act like nothing's happened but i can't do this anymore.She's changed since she met him,we've known each other for 10 years and she'd never have done this before.I have no idea what to do or say,i thought she was the one person in the world who actually cared and wouldn't use and abuse me.

Olk so i'm back with the same problem...kinda.She broke up with him on sunday and has an avo out on him.

She's staying with me,her parents don't know the reason for the break up because she's embarrassed.My problem is she's raking my phone bill up and sleepinng a lot.Some other friends want me to go to their house on chrissy night and she wants to stay home and sleep.She's also told me she doesn't really want to come with us on sunday night either.She was on the phone for like 3 hrs today to.I don't feel comfortable leaving her home alone but i can't put my life on hold for her either,i told her i don't think she should sleep all day but i don't think she'll listen.

I don't want to sleep on my loungeroom floor all continously and raking my phone bill up.I know she's going through a lot and i feel bad for whinging,but how do i support her without losing my mind?

It's taken me ages to post this because she keeps coming into my room.I told her i was posting about some guy so i feel like i should at least mention that i really like a guy but can't tell him.There you go i didn't lie!

I don't really want advice,just a vent...She got back with him a few weeks after it happened and things have gone back to him being treated like a king and me like crap.Nice hey!He doesn't have any remorse,his responce was ''I apologised for that''.Yeah well go tell someone who cares dude.

I'm sick of being treated like this but i'm scared something will happen to her if i tell her i want nothing more to do with her.The stupid girl's gonna move back in with him.Even if i did wanna break the friendship i don't know how because she doesn't understand the meaning of no.

The stupid tool had the nerve to say if i was a real friend i wouldn't break the friendship up over him.Well if he was such a wonderful boyfriend he wouldn't have tried to kill her.Hypocrite.And she knows the reasons i can't tolerate him are to do with my childhood.We don't even talk about him and if she tries to i let her talk for a few minutes before telling her i don't care and she says ok and we change the subject.

So he voluntarily went to hospital last week to have his meds changed because they make him sleepy.He was on overnight leave on saturday night and had to have the cops drag him back to the hospital.Unmedicated...Is that hospital idiotic or what?Now she doesn't know what she wants though she's making every excuse under the sun for him so i reckon she'll stay.She reckons he did nothing wrong and i hate hospitals to....Well yes i do but i don't usully need police officers to drag me back in handcufs now do i?!What the hell does she think would've happened to her if the cops hadn't come to get him?Some love,he'd rather stay with her unmedicated then go back to hospital.

I'm so ov itIf she doesn't want my help then why ask when she'll just ignore me anyway.I obviously don't want to tell her what to do because that'll drive her to him but i don't want to lie and let her think it's a good idea either!

Rant over!

Does anyone have any useful non-medicated tips for insomnia? It's just about driven me barmy for the past four or five nights, and I need a good nights sleep!!!

I wouldn't reccomend MSN at night time as well :P:lol:

Archived