Support Group

Dan F

Thanks for those tips Barbara....I've tried lavender, but I've got a bit of a sensitive nose so it usually just keep me awake! :P ...I might give the hot milky drink a try though....

As for MSN, I'm on there because I can't sleep, not I can't sleep because I'm on there! :wink:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for those tips Barbara....I've tried lavender, but I've got a bit of a sensitive nose so it usually just keep me awake! :P ...I might give the hot milky drink a try though....

As for MSN, I'm on there because I can't sleep, not I can't sleep because I'm on there! :wink:

Foxy, have you tried using relaxation cds? I know some people think they're "quack" but they certainly helped me through a bad bout of insomnia some time ago.

One especially, "The Gift of Relaxation" absolutely worked wonders for me, and I honestly couldn't recommend it more.

http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Relaxation-Stre...s/dp/B00005NHUB

Thanks for the tip Symphony! :)

The past few nights it's been a bit hit and miss in terms of getting to sleep, but if it gets bad again, I'll definitely consider this!

No problem - let me know how it goes, I can always burn & post you a couple of cds :)

Last night 2 of my friends and I went out to the Central (It's a pub/disco place) to have a few drinks, ok that's a lie. We went there to get more trashed to forget about our crappy lives than what we were at the house. We were dancing and drinking, having a great time. Then, I met Sean, I talked to him because he looked friendly and he was standing there all by himself. He put his arm around me to hug me, so I hugged him back, next thing you know he was ****ing kissing me, I was drunk, so I kissed him back. He bought me a drink and that was ok. But he wouldn't take his arm off of me, it kept creeping lower down my back. I asked him how old he was, turns out he was 55 :/ Creep. I walked over to Kane (who of one of friends had met earlier in the night), put my arm around him and whispered in his ear that the creep was making me feel uncomfortable. Kane looked at Sean and told him to **** off because Kane was my boyfriend lol it worked too. Kane bought us some drinks and while he was gone one of my friends suggested we take him back to hers. At that stage I wasn't too sure, but as the night went on and we all kept drinking, we took turns kissing Kane. Then, one of my friends (who I think is hot) kissed me, she kissed my other friend and then I kissed her too... we just were all kissing each other. The place soon shut and we went back to my mates house with Kane. We went into her bedroom and we all took off our clothes, item by item. Kane took turns with both of my friends and then it was my turn. I stood there for a few moments, but slowly crawled onto the bed and had sex with him. I felt dirty. I did another time but come the 3rd time I guess I realised what I was doing. My mate noticed I looked uncomfortable and crawled next to me, she put her forehead on mine and asked if I was ok, I told her I was, but not to go, she made me feel much more safe. When Kane was finished he turned to my other mate. My friend and I pulled some clothes on and went out the front. Before I could tell her what was really going on I burst into tears. We sat down on the bench and she held me as I cried. She told me that I should have said something instead of just going through with it and acting like I was ok. I should have, but I didn't, I thought that if I had sex with a guy I might... I don't know, I really don't know what I was thinking. Anyways, I told her why I was uncomfortable and she understood because she went down that road too (not the gay one, a different one that I can't write here because no one but my psychiatrist knows that) We talked (but mainly cried, I made her cry :/) for about an hour. Kane passed out in the bed and our mate came out to join us.

We left and when we got back to my friends boyfriends house (who was fast asleep because it was almost 6am by now) and I went into the bathroom and locked the door... I kind of, well, cut myself for the first time in ages :/

I'm such a screw up. I just don't know what to do anymore.

I'm not the girl who gets drunk every week, sometimes twice a week. I'm not the girl who kisses guys - at all. And I'm definitely not the girl who has sex with one. What is wrong with me? I don't like guys, so why am I acting like this? Why do I feel like everything is doing wrong in my life? And why won't anyone save me? I have a massive support network around me, professionals too, but I feel so... alone.

I don't know if I'm venting or what I just... I guess I just need some advice... or a hug... or something.

Thanks for all the tips, I did try most of them out - in the end I managed to kick the insomnia with some good old fashioned discipline, forcing myself to get up early even if I'd been to bed late....and my sleep pattern just sort of managed to sort itself out!

Aww I'll give you a hug Traceve!!

We're learning about sexuality in Health and I've read some articles that is relevant to your situation. They did pretty much the exact same thing and there is nothing wrong with you! We all know that it was a huge mistake and maybe as time passes, I can't say that you'll forget, but I can say that you'll probably figure out what's going on. I mean people do stupid things when they're drunk, so maybe it was nothing more than a one-off.

And stop cutting yourself! We're all here for you! :)

I'm totally hopeless at giving advice but hope that helps! I could probably say that I may need some as well. There are two girls in my class who are so annoying and they are total bullies to the rest of the class. I'm a pretty headstrong and 'aggressive' person and they ticked me off so much that I somehow wanted them to be gone. I know that sounds pretty scary and all that but our class, mainly the girls, have had to put up with that for 2 years! There are people who are with me but sometimes the anger inside just takes over and it doesn't exactly help when all the guys in our class 'love' them coz they're popular and pretty so they're getting encouragement. Ugh my school life is so miserabel!

Archived