Support Group

Dan F

So me and my friend whose sister went travelling just a huge fight. I accidentally sent him a message on MSN meant for another friend with a similar name which was about him....and he didn't take it well. It wasn't even that bad, just mentioning that he cancelled on us again (for what is the 5th time....and very ironically it's when we're planning a surprise party for him) but anyway, we both got angry and said some things which accumlated in me saying I thought it was wrong to compare him being upset about his sister (who he does not get on with and says repeatedly how much of a b**ch she is) going to Australia for a year to me being upset about my granny and how she only has a few weeks left. He went ballistic with me at that one. Am I being really selfish and self centred here in thinking this?

I'm been upset for the past 2 hrs, I think anger has set in now <_<

Lynd, Im so sorry to hear you're feeling like that. I can't imagine how frustrating it must feel to get set-backs like that and then for your friends not to be there helping. I hope things are getting better for you x

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made this video in tribute of my late mother who died in 2006 from leukaemia , I didn't know where to post this so I am just posting it here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhYraIjIJc

Please tell me guys what you think :)

Hey Kevin. That was so beautiful. You have a wonderful family. Thank you for sharing that video with us.

I made this video in tribute of my late mother who died in 2006 from leukaemia , I didn't know where to post this so I am just posting it here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhYraIjIJc

Please tell me guys what you think :)

Hey Kevin. That was so beautiful. You have a wonderful family. Thank you for sharing that video with us.

Aww thank you so much grumble bum :D

I'm really glad to hear that! :D I hope you haven't read my recent posts though, lol. Effexor kind of stopped working for me, which is really upsetting because it truly was awesome while I was on them and they were working. I'd still recommend it to anyone because just knowing that I have the capability to be normal is something that I need to remember, especially now, and Effexor gave that to me. I hadn't experienced that before. Thanks a lot for reminding me that things have been really good for me, and they really can be again. I'm sure things will be awesome for you in no time :)

I've now been on it for over a month at 150mg and it's the BEST Medication in the entire flippin world. I haven't felt so at peace in a long time. :D Just thought I'd be nice to let you know how it's been making me feel. :)

Kevin, I loved the tribute video, it was truly beautiful and such a great and therapeutic thing to do. It really touched me even though I have NO understanding what it's like to lose a parent, especially at such a young age.

I'm really glad to hear that! :D I hope you haven't read my recent posts though, lol. Effexor kind of stopped working for me, which is really upsetting because it truly was awesome while I was on them and they were working. I'd still recommend it to anyone because just knowing that I have the capability to be normal is something that I need to remember, especially now, and Effexor gave that to me. I hadn't experienced that before. Thanks a lot for reminding me that things have been really good for me, and they really can be again. I'm sure things will be awesome for you in no time :)

I've now been on it for over a month at 150mg and it's the BEST Medication in the entire flippin world. I haven't felt so at peace in a long time. :D Just thought I'd be nice to let you know how it's been making me feel. :)

Excellent! :D

This isn't really anything too major but I'd just like a bit of advice and help on it. :D

Anyways I'm really good mates with this girl in my class and at first she seemed really nice and everything. But now I'm starting to feel like she's a huge b****! I met up with her today and we were meant to be at the library getting work done but she forced me into walking to another mate's house just coz I was late (it was kinda my fault coz I arrived like half an hour late). We ended up doing nothing and I had to walk like 2 km so that really pissed me off.

And just now she rang up and called me a load of swear words (it was sarcastic but it still wasn't very nice). She texted me a few hours earlier asking me to go to her concert like I had no choice but I was busy with other stuff. And I also couldn't really be bothered going to the concert at our school coz I live quite a fair bit away, my mum didn't have time to take me there and there ain't really another option to get to the concert. I told her I wouldn't go and she went on and on about how I was being anti-social and all that jazz and I was like WTF?! Jeez man I have other things to do.

I'm so pissed off today and now I realise that she ain't a very nice friend. She treats me like crap and she's honestly a really bad influence on me and my other friends. It's not like I can avoid her coz she's in my class and I sit with her and hang out with her and our group at lunch.

She's really starting to **** me off and I could probably say that I hate her right now. I honestly don't wanna be friends with her and I know that tomorrow's she's gonna go on and on about how I'm such a bad friend. My other mates are gonna be telling me how I'm so lame and they're gonna feel sorry for her and turn against me. That's what always happens but thankfully we get over it.

So I can't exactly take it anymore!! Lol please help me?!

EDIT: Sorry for the long post, I just needed to vent my anger. :)

If you don't want to be friends with her, she's treating you like crap and she is a bad influence on you and your friends, then you shouldn't be friends with her. Okay, you'll still see her at school but that doesn't mean you have to hang out with her outside of school. You don't know for sure your other friends will choose her side. Maybe she treats them the same way and they might not want to spend time with her either. If she is treating you like crap, there is a big chance she is treating your other friends like crap too. And that's not right. You're supposed to treat your friends with respect.

Besides, she doesn't seem to be a good friend. You've told her you were busy, you couldn't go because you live far away and nobody can drive you. She should understand that. And why did she only ask you to come to her concert on the day of that concert? Aren't concerts planned beforehand? Then she should have invited you earlier. Then maybe you wouldn't have had other plans and you could have gone to the concert.

To sum up, I think you should hang out with your other friends. To me, it sounds like that 'friend' doesn't deserve your friendship. You deserve friends who treat you with respect. :)

I also have friend problems :( I apologise beforehand because i can tell this is going to be very long...

I know i sound very bitchy talking about my friends this way. But i feel like i don't actually like my friends that much.

i feel that one of my 'friends' is incredibly two-faced, and immensely rude. I just don't like being around people like that. She is unwelcoming and makes a drama out of everything. She is also self-centered, and when i'm around her i feel uncomfortable. She also has this 'me, me' attitude which i hate. She acts like she's got the whole world figured out when in fact she's very naiive, she doesn;t like admitting she's wrong. More then that it feels like i can't trust her, like i wouldnt want to give her any essays or assignments, because i feel as if she'd copy the whole thing.I've had to deal with her for 5 years, and i'm growing to hate her.

You might be wondering why im her friend, but it is sooo hard to break out of a friendship, and some friends that hang around with her i like.

It also feels as if her best friend (who i like) is following her lead, and i dont want her to turn out like her, i can tell that sometimes shes scared to voice what she thinks.

This is going to sound awful but im going to sixth form and shes coming to the same one, and im dreading it. Me and my friend have decided that we will break it off with her, because it's becoming unbearable to be with her.

I just want friends that aren't intense, laid back, and just to be polite and friendly. Sometimes you just want a break from your friends.

And oh yeah, she wants to go out so often, sometimes you just want time to yourself. I keep spending money recently and im just wasting it.

To many of you, it might sound like im bitching, but trust me, if you was her friend you'd feel the same way.

I just need some advice on how to break it off with her, its alot easier said then done.

Thanks in advance, and i appreciate those who have taken there time to read though this (i know i ramble alot)

Archived