Support Group

Dan F

Personal opinion. No, she shouldn't sleep on her tummy before she's atleast a year old (or more). You should try out a babysafe (I think that's what it's called) now before she gets to old and refuses to wear it.

It's only my opinion, but it's something my family have done after my brother died in 1989 (the year before me)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, cheers. That's sweet of you.

But yeah, that's all I eat. It's just I get it into my head that I'll put on weight if I eat any more and feel kind of guilty for eating that. Sometimes I feel faint but that's only when I wake up and after 10 minutes feel fine. Other than that, I'm quite energetic and restless, and don't feel weak.

That's kinda scary about the doctor thing. I think next time they weight me I'm going to have to stand down hard on the scales or something but make my upper body look relaxed. :unsure:

Trust me, there's no way you can fool a doctor into thinking you weight more than you do. People with eating disorders often try to trick them, so they'll have seen it all before. Andy, I really do worry for you and think that you need to get help before this gets seriously out of hand. A human being can't survive on a bowl of cereals a day in the long term - you're going to end up making yourself dangerously ill. There are ways and means of losing weight in a healthy way, and I think you must realise (or you wouldn't have posted here) that this isn't it. You obviously don't want to end up being forced into treatment, so the best way forward is to do something about it yourself (ie. see a doctor). I know it's scary but it really is the best thing you can do.

Im not sure where to put this so I thought maybe it goes here.

Last night I put my daughter to bed at 9pm after her feed (as we always do) on her back without blankets or sheets as she doesnt like them she always kicks them off so we dont bother with them anymore the problem is we didnt wake last night until 5am ( I only woke to look at the time),when I realised it was 5am I checked on her because I didnt know if my partner had fed her during the night. Anyways I found her fast asleep on her tummy.She is only 12 weeks old. Is she old enough to sleep on her tummy if she turnes herself that way?

For all mums and dads out there Im hoping you could answer this for me?

Thanks

x

You can get things here to stop them rolling. They might be something for you to try out. But no, she probably shouldn't be on her tummy.

Trust me, there's no way you can fool a doctor into thinking you weight more than you do. People with eating disorders often try to trick them, so they'll have seen it all before. Andy, I really do worry for you and think that you need to get help before this gets seriously out of hand. A human being can't survive on a bowl of cereals a day in the long term - you're going to end up making yourself dangerously ill. There are ways and means of losing weight in a healthy way, and I think you must realise (or you wouldn't have posted here) that this isn't it. You obviously don't want to end up being forced into treatment, so the best way forward is to do something about it yourself (ie. see a doctor). I know it's scary but it really is the best thing you can do.

I feel kind of bad now for having people worry, I'm not in a dangerous state, psychically I feel fine, always energetic etc. I only ever feel faint when I wake up, and even then that's only for about 10 minutes.

I'm trying to eat more now though, but only small things that are very low calorie. It just feels wrong and kind of disgusting though. A part of me knows that I don't need to lose any more weight but I just feel really horrible if I don't and kind of have to. It's hard to explain.

I guess I can see why doctors are a little concerned: this was taken sometime in June or July (thankfully I've lost a lot of weight since then).

Yeah, but luckily I don't look like a skeleton. :lol:

You do, actually. Really.

There are people who can help you to change the way you feel about food - surely that's an attractive prospect, not to have to feel disgusted by the thought of eating? You may feel ok now but eating disorders are a long-term thing and sooner or later you're going to become very, very sick. What you're doing now could do serious, lasting damage to your body - not to mention the fact that eating disorders can and do kill. Obviously you don't know me so there's no reason why you'd take my advice, but all I can say is that you need professional help - I have absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever.

Sorry Andy, but I'm going to be very, very honest here. I had issues with not eat and I got really ill, when I was younger. I was very lucky I managed to get help just in time.

Andy...Please, please, get some help asp. As you might not have a chance to change things soon. I know its hardto take the first step, but you got to think abt how much this will effect other people you love too.

OK Andy.. the bottom line is this.. if you have a BMI of 16 you are at SERIOUS risk and I mean SERIOUS ... you risk major organ failure including heart failure..... if you are existing on 100 cals a day you are.... in effect.. starving yourself. What ever triggered this you need to get some help. They will NOT force feed you... but they will make sure you are getting some nutrients to ensure your body does not give up on you. There is a reason that there is backlash against the size zero and the skinny model.. some of them died...... several dropped dead while working. ... you need to address why this a problem.. it is not about food its about how you feel about yourself.. you are self harming. Your doctor, and food are not the enemy here... you are actually your body's enemy.... I think deep down you know that.. and that's why you have raised it in this thread... but you need to take the next step.. so please ...see the doctor and say "yeah.. I need some help".. it wont be easy... but do it...if you allow it to get any more out of control it will be that much harder.

I think a lot of us are rooting for you... you can beat this.. so go on.. take that step.... you should also know there are a lot of people here who will help with moral support if you let them.

I don't have any experience with eating disorders but I think it's pretty well known that although they may look like a physical illness, they're more to do with the mind. On that aspect maybe I can try and help a bit.

I understand that it's a bit to do with control.. like maybe other things in your life aren't going as you'd like so you feel the need to try and control something else. But think about it, what are you really controlling? Nothing. This illness is controlling you. You said that you're trying to eat more but you feel like you can't. If you were in control you'd be able to eat what you wanted.. more than that, what you needed.

Listen to what everyone's saying and get some help. Please.

Archived