Support Group

Dan F

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]
:( Awww don't do this, makes me upset to know you do this :( As for your dad being mean to you, trust me I don't like it either, all mine does is winge and I hate him so much. Hope you stop soon :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy, how did it go at the doctor's?

Haven't been yet. My appointment's on Tuesday. I'll tell you know how it goes (well I hope :P ).

I don't think I've put on weight (god forbid) but I really feel like it - it's horrible. I'm thinking of just having a yoghurt a day and exercise a lot, but I've been reading about anorexia lately, and doing that is one of the 'symptoms'. I can't win!

Andy (I think) I've had two different counsellors none of them worked, it made me feel worse, made me cut more, i put it on here cuz i didnt know who else to turn to =[ and yesterday was the first time i've made myself vomi after having lunch =[ i dont want to start making myself vomit!!

Yep, that's my name.

This is tricky. Have you tried any other things (of the non self-harming variety) to distract you from your thoughts/memories? Maybe writing or drawing or something might help instead of cutting. As for purging, even I wouldn't do that, it rots your teeth. I know you'll probably feel 'better' soon as it's out but afterwards you won't - especially if you keep doing it. I really don't know what to suggest or say, I'm sorry. :(

Andy, how did it go at the doctor's?

Haven't been yet. My appointment's on Tuesday. I'll tell you know how it goes (well I hope :P ).

I don't think I've put on weight (god forbid) but I really feel like it - it's horrible. I'm thinking of just having a yoghurt a day and exercise a lot, but I've been reading about anorexia lately, and doing that is one of the 'symptoms'. I can't win!

Exercise is great as long as you have the calories to burn. If not, you're just going to end up exhausting yourself and passing out. Trust me, I vaguely remember seeing it happen in a Barbie cartoon or something! More reliably, Martin Lawrence was on Oprah the other day. He said that he was running in 100 degree heat (whatever that is in celcius - a lot) in hot clothes so that he could lose weight fast for a role... Well, he ended up losing three days of his life, because he passed out on his front lawn and ended up in a coma. He was lucky that he came out of it. That might have been to do with overheating, but it was also dehydration, which is a very real and dangerous threat from over-exercising, especially when you don't eat or drink enough for your body to function normally, let alone under physical strain.

My friend's boyfriend is a semi-professional bike rider, which means he's gotta be at peak physical fitness. I once saw him eat two Macca's Deli Choices roles in one sitting! And he eats like that all the time, because he has to have enough fuel to burn when he rides for hours on end, or else he'll just keel over.

The bottom line is, you can pretty much eat what you want, as long as you balance it out with exercise. Too much or too little is damaging either way.

Thanks for all the advice everyone :D

Quesiton. Is it normal to be a 14 year old who weighs 80kg? Nup. didnt think so :(

Age has nothing to do with size and weight. I haven't grown a cm since I was 12, on the other hand, I've gained some weight since then and lost some.

As how today, I'm happy with myselfand my body. But that's today. Next month I'll maybe feel fat and stop eating like I've done sometimes. But that's even worse because the little weight you lose then you'll get back, and some more.

I've even tried other methods losing weight, drugs. And that's nothing I'm proud of. I lost 6 kg and the most, but then when I stopped because I thought I could lose some more without the drugs, I got 10kg back (4 kg more then what I had before I started)

Age has nothing to do with your size and weight.

Yeah, I'm about 160cm, and I don't think I'd have been much lighter than 80kg at 14 :huh:. I'd like to be somewhere between 60 and 70, myself. I've never really had any ambition to be superthin, as that has just as much prejudice as being fat these day. You really can't win if you're doing stuff for other people. There's about 7 BILLION other people in the world, and only one of you. Who do you think it's easier to try and keep happy?

If your 80kg and your 171cm dont worry it's probally the right weight for your height. Also weight is just a number just like age is a number. Im 17 yrs old, im also tall about 176cm and weigh 79kg. But im a very lazy person :lol:

It doesnt matter what you weigh it matters if you have a healthy life style and keep fit and active :)

Hi i have the same problem as Rosey.

At the moment im studying A level exams, and for my AS exams i got : DDDE in biology, chemistry, psychology and geography pretty much all hard subjects. My intial plan was to study medicine and become a doctor, i did well in my GCSES's in all those science subjects.

Lately my grades have not been that good all because of me not working hard enough and not revising enough i realised my own mistake to cut a long story short, and those were the grades i ended up getting. Im a capable person, and i know if i can try hard i can get very good grades. The teachers expect me to get atleast the minimum a C or a B.

Now the thing is im in the second year of my A levels. (A2) and i want to retake all my AS exams, which will cost around £240. Its so much stress and a lot of pressure because along with this i will have some A2 modules as well, with coursework etc. However im going ahead and going to try my best to improve my grades.

Now with these grades i cant get to a good uni, or apply for medicine this year because you need AAB. So what can i do? is it possible to wait for my A level results next year see what grades i get and if by any chance i get AAB is it still possible to apply for medicine?

Archived