Support Group

Dan F

(who for the past couple of weeks I've had a completely different one each time - I don't know where they're all coming from or what the hell happened to their predecessors. :blink: ).

Thanks, guys!

Well I have to see the same GP from our practice every two weeks, so they can monitor my progress. She’s not my actual GP, but was one I got an appointment with when I went needed to see one two weeks ago. I have to see her, like I said every two weeks. Until she satisfied that I'm starting to improve with my condidtion.

She just tell's me to make another appointment on the way out.

You should first see one of the GP’s you are comfortable and feel secure with. Then they will ask to see you on a regular basis, If not! You should ask if you can see them on a regular basis.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Jem!

I can't imagine there was a time I once ate McDonald's.

Yeah, probably not the healthiest way to put on necessary weight, lol, but it's effective :P

A friend of mine pretty much lived off hot chips for several years... he's a bit like you, I guess, but he does force himself to eat other things... Sux that you guys can't enjoy food, or feel bad about it... I blame society :(

If you're partial to a chicken nugget, I hear they have the least amount of fat and sugar of traditional Macca's food... perhaps skin them to get the oil off though. I dislike oil. If you're going to go for fast food chicken though, I'd start at KFC. Again, take the gross oily gooey skin off, and eat the chicken... its REAL! Well, it is here anyway. UK might have different standards :unsure:

Not that I'm encouraging you to become a fast food junkie, lol. It's a "sometimes" food :P

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Bahahahaha!!

I was in Hungry jack's for lunch on our way back to school after our camp and there was this lady who worked there called amanda. Well her face was really long and thin like a horses and me and my friend saw her walk outside to clean the outdoor eating area and we just cracked up into this big laughing fit. I think she new because she kinda gave us this dirty look and walked straight back inside to serve people at the counter. So my friend walked up to the counter to order a icecream and Amanda was there but she saw my friend and changed to the other counter, my friend followed but Amanda saw and went behind where they cook all the food. Even though she looked really funny and we laughed I feel kinda bad now for laughing. I was going to go in there to say sorry but I'm scared to even go there ever again!! Please help me lol

You should first see one of the GP's you are comfortable and feel secure with. Then they will ask to see you on a regular basis, If not! You should ask if you can see them on a regular basis.

I'll see what the doctors say when I go in on Tuesday. I just hope they don't ask me to lie down to feel my stomach as they sometimes do because that's when you can really see my ribs. :unsure:

A friend of mine pretty much lived off hot chips for several years... he's a bit like you, I guess, but he does force himself to eat other things... Sux that you guys can't enjoy food, or feel bad about it... I blame society

Does he eat 'normally' now? If you don't mind me asking.

I had a friend who used to eat nothing but an ice lolly a day. He was pretty skinny but went to the gym a lot so it didn't look so bad. Another friend kind of has a similiar thing going on but that's because of the size zero thing, who was here yesterday. She took a picture of me on her camera phone and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. It's of me breathing in but it still looks extremely bad - a lot skinnier than my other one. I'm in two minds whether or not to post it or not because I look like an anorexic.

Yeah, he eats a lot more normally now. Probably because he got sick of chips :P. Still feels bad about it, but so do we all at times. Even the healthiest person in the world will tell themselves off for eating too much every now and then. It's... well, not "natural," but it's the way we've been conditioned - to feel bad about everything we do and are so that we can pay people to "fix" us... That's how advertising works. It breaks down your self-esteem to a point where you think you'll literally die - either from physical harm, or social embarrassment - if you don't buy the product or concept they're trying to sell you. Like I said, it sux.

You don't need to post the photo. If you think you look anorexic, and you're embarrassed by that, then you're obviously unhappy with youre body image the way it is, which kind of defeats the purpose of risking your health to maintain it or take it even further. You don't need us to tell you what to do about it.

I just had a suicidal thought =[ i dont know whats happening to me, i probably shouldnt be putting this on here

Better you post it here than don't tell anyone about it at all, right?

You need to think of why you're having these thoughts. What is it in your life that's so bad that's making you want to end it?

Archived