Support Group

Dan F

*sigh* My life feels like its going down the drain right now, espcially stuff thats to do with school

I'm getting so caught up with assingmnets right now, its not even funny. And a comment my friend made about me last week really upset me.

We were sitting in History class, and ready to present our assingments [we had a speech], but I didnt have my source with me, becuase I couldnt find one. Then this friend yelled at me and said

"Oh well I'm sooo glad were not getting marked as a group for this"

We were doing it as a group, but we were getting marked individually.

Also, this friend ^^^^ who shall rename nameless, is really getting on my nerves

She talks to me alot if were on our own, but if were sitting with 2 or 3 other people, I get completly ignored. And if I ask her a wuestion, or say something, even the slightest little thing, she usually ends up saying something rude back, even though she says its in a saracastic way.

I'm also pretty dumb. I'm being serious. On my last geography test, I got 14/45. I mean, how much dumber can I get? :o

I also sometimes have trouble talking, and get my words mixed up and people tease me for this.

And occording to one of my friends, I'm an obese retard.

I am beginnig to think thats true.

:(

You odnt have to respond to this message, but I needed somwehre to rant

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosey, these people are not real friends, they are bullies, they try to make themselves feel better by putting someone else down... thats sad.... feel sorry for them that they have to stoop that low. I have seen your picture and I have talked to you... you are lovely girl and you are not dumb!

As for being dumb... well I got 12/80 in a history test once.. I scored about 3% in french... but I went to uni and I have got a good degreee.. ... so who the hell needs geography... apart from geography teachers? :P .... it took me ages to find my niche.. you can't be good at everything... and also in years 8 - 10 I was bottom in Maths but suddenly I learnt how to pass the exams and beat a lot of my friends. Stop stressing and just do your best.

With assignments ask for some help from teachers.. and don't leave them till the last minute...use the homework help thread. There are lots of people who will help you if you let them... they wont do it for you... but they will help you to find the information you need etc..

Don't worry about getting words muddled, it happens to lots of people.. I have a stutter.. I got teased heaps at school... it got easier to ignore as I got older.. and the more I ignored it the less they did it. If they see you upset they have won..... learn to smile or make a joke about it.... its hard but it makes them look even sillier if they keep being nasty when you are being nice.. .... if you get me. Hold your head high and be proud of who you are :D

Your friends mightn't even realise that they're being hurtful. I know that sounds stupid, but my friends and I tease each other all the time - we do it so that we learn to laugh at ourselves, and we get that it's a joke. Your friends might be trying to laugh with you sometimes, but they don't understand that you're not laughing. They're hurting your feelings, and you need to tell them. If they still keep teasing you after that, then you know that they're doing it to be mean, but I wouldn't go jumping to any conclusions just yet.

My friends do sometimes hurt my feelings, but I know they don't mean to. I can just be extremely sensitive and paranoid sometimes. You just have to work out what kind of people they are to know what their intentions are. If you know they're good people and they care about you, then this could all be a misunderstanding. Of course, when you're as sensitive and paranoid as I am, it's not always easy to see that :P

PS: You correctly spelled "dumb" with the silent b - that proves that you know more than some people :wink:

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Awww Rosie, don't let them people get to you. They obviously don't have anything better to do, which is pretty low to pick on someone. Just ignore them. Harder than it sounds but it actually works. /They probably just want your attention. As for the speech thing, I'm sure you didn't do too bad. I hate talking in front of a large group of people too. Last time our class had to do speeches I got a D. It's just something we have to practise ;) And no, I'm sure your not dumb. I'm pretty sure your smarter then me lol.

Andy (I think) I've had two different counsellors none of them worked, it made me feel worse, made me cut more, i put it on here cuz i didnt know who else to turn to =[ and yesterday was the first time i've made myself vomi after having lunch =[ i dont want to start making myself vomit!! My dad doesnt understand why i cut he just says im doing it for the attention and only babies do that sort of thing!! Its nice to know ihave his support NOT!!

Archived