Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Carmelle, Willz and Aaron! :D

JACK

The past few weeks Martha and I have been having marriage problems. With every second night with us sleeping in separate rooms it’s hard to tell if we’ll ever get out of this deep patch in our troubles. Finding out the truth today, I now realized that this will change our relationship forever.

Drama Queen, or should I say, Fashion Queen, Amanda Vale sat patiently in the waiting room at the doctors with not a worry on her mind… Yeah right! Amanda sat there nervously waiting for one thing she’s been wanting to get out of the way for the past few days now, to see whether she was pregnant or not. As she tapped the chair whilst swinging her legs softly in the air, the tapping got gradually louder which began to annoy a few patients. As Amanda walked through the door of Doctor Matthew’s office she sat down with a huge forced grin on her face.

“So… What’s the verdict?” Amanda asked as she eyed a few objects around the small room. Doctor Matthew’s let out a small smile and rolled her eyes.

“Verdict? This isn’t a game Miss Vale.” She said as she opened up the results of Amanda’s pregnancy test. “Well the verdict, is positive.” Doctor Matthews said with a grunt.

“I’m pregnant?” Amanda asked softly.

“Well that’s what positive means honey.” She said as she passed the results to Amanda. Amanda just stared at them for minutes, just staring at the one word, which spelt out ‘positive’.

“Something tells me that you’re not happy about this…” Spoke Doctor Matthews. Amanda didn’t pay any attention to what she just said as she continued staring at the results… She was pregnant? How could this be? She thought to herself… It was then that she realized that her baby could be fathered by three men. The question was, who was the biological father? Was it Peter Baker? Her ex-fiancée who dumped her at the altar? Was it Dan Baker? Her ex-husband and brother of Peter Baker? Or was it Drew Curtis? The ex-boyfriend of her daughter Belle and son of Peter Baker. As Amanda’s vision became blurry it felt like a metaphor to herself, she couldn’t guess who the biological father was, it all seemed like a blur to her.

CHAPTER 23: The One Where Amanda’s Pregnant

Martha Holden walked into the Pad late that summer’s night. Feeling saddened after realizing that she ispregnant. As she slumped herself on the lounge she felt like she wanted to stab a dagger inside her heart. The pain she was feeling could not be worded. Martha had an affair with Hunter Gillian, and that affair can bring her a consequence, a consequence of being pregnant! As she twirled her hair, trying to think of how to explain all this to Jack, her thoughts brushed away when he walked into the living room through the back door.

“Hey! You’re home!” Jack said with a smile as he kissed her on the cheek. Martha smiled with a small grin, trying to hide the guilt she was feeling. She could see in his eyes that Jack would be incredibly upset if she told him about Hunter. But at the back of her mind she realized that she had to. If the baby was Hunter’s, Jack had to know. As Jack placed his hand on top of Martha’s, she smiled then ripped it away.

“What’s wrong, is everything alright?” Asked Jack as he became concerned. Martha let out a sigh and she then built up the courage to tell him, to tell Jack the truth.

“Jack… I need to tell you something.” Martha said softly, avoiding Jack’s eyes. Jack looked at her and realized something terrible was about to go down.

Hunter Gillian rested himself on the fence at the beach as he stared out into the ocean. Thinking to himself how he was going to break the news to Belle. Telling her that he had an affair was horrible enough. He was finding it hard how to tell her that he may become a father. Hunter’s thoughts were interrupted when his eyes were covered and he heard a familiar voice in the background.

“Guess who!?” The young female said, who appeared to be Belle behind him.

“Hey babe!” Hunter smiled as he turned around and gave her a kiss.

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere! You weren’t picking up your phone.” Belle said as they began to walk.

“Sorry… It has a flat battery… I just keep on forgetting to charge it.” He said softly as they continued to walk. “Belle… We need to talk, I can’t hide this for any longer.” As they stopped, Belle looked into his eyes, wondering what Hunter wanted to talk about as he sounded serious. “Our relationship… When we agreed to go out remember how we said that our relationship was going to be something like friends with benefits with no strings attached?” Belle felt scared for some reason after hearing what Hunter had just said.

“You want to break up with me?” Belle said.

“No, no, no, no! Nothing like that… It’s just… Well, because of our situation, and because we’re not too serious, I kinda slept with someone else…” Belle looked deep into Hunter’s eyes as hers widen up. Her heart began pumping a million miles an hour as her mouth dropped.

“You… You slept with someone?” Belle asked softly.

“Yeah… I know it’s stupid because I’m with you, but because of our situation, I didn’t really know where we stood and-“

“Hunter, relax it’s ok!” Belle smiled. “Like we agreed on, we’re not serious, we’re just friends with benefits with no strings attached!” Belle chuckled.

“So, you’re ok with that? That I slept with another girl?” Hunter asked, feeling all the nerves wash away by the warm breeze which was passing by.

“Yes… I am! It’s not like we’re married or anything. Then I would be worried.” Belle laughed as she grabbed Hunter’s hand while they walked towards the Surf Club.

“So… Who was it that you slept with?” Asked Belle.

Martha grabbed Jack’s hand, as she wanted him to know he wasn’t going to be alone after she’s going to tell him the news. She wants him to be involved with her baby’s life if it’s Hunter’s or not. Martha began to stumble for words, finding it hard to express what she needed to get across to Jack.

“Jack… I… Ugh, well I don’t know how to say this…” Martha continued to stumble as Jack looked into her eyes.

“Martha, are you alright?” Jack said with a grin.

“No… I don’t know… Depends how you take the news…Jack… I, I”

“Would you like me to finish your sentence?” Jack asked as his grin grew larger.

“Sorry?” Martha asked.

“You’re pregnant aren’t you?” Jack said. “I found the tests in our bathroom.” At that moment, Martha’s mouth dropped, feeling stupid for not throwing the tests out. More guilt built up inside her when she learnt that Jack already knew about her pregnancy and that he was totally blind to the fact that he may not be the father. The guilt was too much for her and she began to cry softly as tears fell down her cheeks. Jack smiled as he wiped the tears away.

“Hey! It’s ok… We’re going to be parents! You’re going to be a great mother and I’m going to be a great father!” Jack said as he gave her a firm hug as Martha continued to cry on his shoulder. Her crying became louder. She felt too much guilt. She couldn’t tell Jack, she just couldn’t.

As Belle kissed Hunter goodnight at Noah’s Bar, she moved over to a lounge wear Josie was sitting by herself. She took a sip out of her drink as Belle sat beside her.

“He’s so hot isn’t he!?” Belle chuckled as she made herself comfortable. Josie rolled her eyes as she put her drink down.

“Maybe you should try and chase after somebody else.” Josie said with a grin.

“What do you mean?” Belle asked, sounding upset after what Josie just said.

“Let me ask you something Belle… How well do you know him?” After Josie finished her question Belle stared into space for a few seconds when she realized she didn’t know him that well, and she truly didn’t because she just found out he slept with another woman.

“Well, not that much… Why?” Belle asked.

“Honey, I’m just looking out for you… You do know who his father is don’t you? For all we know he could be the one who has Peter.”

“Who? Hunter?”

“No, Dennis!” Josie said as she sculled down the last of her drink. “You should try new boys before getting comfortable with one before they break your heart… After all, the family he comes from, who knows what demons they could unleash.” After hearing what Josie had just said, she knew what she was saying was the truth. Belle had a past with Dennis and she knew what their family was capable of. Maybe it was better that they didn’t see each other. As she looked at Belle, she noticed Josie staring at a young man at the bar, the young man who arrived at Summer Bay a few weeks ago after Belle made the threat to bring Desire down.

“Maybe you are right, that I should see other men.” Belle said softly as she too stared at the young man. She slowly got herself up and moved towards him.

“Hey, where are you going?” Josie snapped.

“Chasing men.” Belle winked as she moved towards him.

“Belle, I saw him first!” Josie squealed softly. Belle chuckled and turned around.

“Well I’m approaching him first… Besides, you have Peter.” Belle grinned as she approached the young man. “Hi, I’m-“

“Belle… Belle Taylor…” The young man said with a smile.

“Yeah… How did you know?” She asked him.

“I’ve seen you on the magazines, the other night on Fashion World TV… I’m Will, William Crawford. He said with a grin.

“So do you live around here? How old are you by the way?” She asked him.

“Twenty five.” Belle almost choked on her drink after Will just revealed his age.

“Wow… That’s ugh… Hot!” Belle said biting her lip. “So what are you doing here in Summer Bay anyway?”

“I’m on the hunt for a relative.” Will said avoiding her eyes.

“Really… That sounds really hot!” Belle chuckled as she placed her hand on his shoulder. As she looked towards Josie, Joise let out a smirk and she chuckled too as Belle continued to flirt with the new guy in town.

Outside the Surf Club, Rachel finished off her drink as she moved towards the car park before bumping into a man.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” Rachel said as she looked up into his eyes.

“Oh, you’re ok” Kirin Fletcher said as he released a smile. “I’m Ki-… Kevin .” He said as he pulled out his hand.

“I’m Rachel… It’s nice to meet you.” She spoke as if she was a teenager again as she shook his hand.

“Likewise…” Kirin said as he just stared into his eyes. “Are you local around here?” He asked.

“Yeah… Are you?” She asked as she continued to stare into his eyes.

“Yeah, I just moved here for good today.” Kirin said with a huge smile. “It would be nice to know someone who could show me around here.” He said as her bopped up and down as Rachel let out a childish laugh.

“Would you like me to show you around Kevin?” Rachel asked.

“Only if you want to… Not now though, it’s too dark… What if I buy you a drink, and we could get to know each other?” He asked as he looked towards the Surf Club.

“Oh… I was about to go home.”

“Come on! You know you want too.” Kirin said with a laugh as Rachel chuckled with him.

“Alright! But you’re buying!” Rachel smiled as they began to walk back into the Surf Club as Kirin placed his hand around Rachel’s shoulder. As they entered the club, Rachel couldn’t feel anymore happier after the recent events. Maybe this was the man that could turn her life around… How right she was when she thought that. Kirin Fletcher was about to turn her life upside down, and little did she know, Sally Fletcher’s too…

to be continued

NEXT CHAPTER: In a chapter not to miss! Tony and Dennis’ connection and past is finally revealed through threatening conversations and back stabbing flashbacks! What’s their connection together? And what are they both hiding together from their children?

Lol... Quite the amusing chapter, I might add. Both Martha/Hunter were scared for nothing. Altho, this time I really feel for Jack if and when he finds out the truth. let's just hope the baby is actually his.

Definitely can't wait for the next chapter. Especially with the whole Tony/Dennis past and the whole flashbacks. It's going to be one heck of a good chapter. And, can you please bring Peter back now?

Amanda, Amanda, Amanda.... What to do with you? :P I really hope the baby is actually Drew's or Dan's instead of Peter's for once. Somehow, it'll make it more interesting.

Can't wait for the next chapter. :D

Archived