Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

Here's a teaser for the next chapter. It's a flashback scene. Hope you enjoy it.

“Tony! Do something!” Katie cried.

“I can’t honey… This is for the best, you’re going to get better! I promise!” Tony explained as the doctors pulled Katie out, kicking and screaming. Tony began to cry as he watched her go, feeling guilty as he betrayed her.

“You shouldn’t lie Tony and give her false hope… The doctors pretty much confirmed, with her condition, she’s never going to get better.” Frankie whispered as he moved up the stairs. Tony looked at Dennis, feeling upset.

“Well what should I tell the boys?” Tony asked as he looked at Dennis. Dennis shook his head and walked up the stairs, following Frankie, leaving a devastated Tony behind.

As Tony arrived home late that night, young Jack ran up to him and gave him a huge hug.

“Daddy!” He cried as he wrapped around his arms around him. “Where’s mummy?” The young boy asked. Tony looked around the room as tears began to swell up in his eyes.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TONY

After discovering a few weeks ago that Dennis has walked back into my, life has made my life full of fear. Always fearing the worst that something is about to unwrap that will destroy my family. Seeing him again has brought pain into my heart as old feelings for Katie resurface. Though the more I talk to Dennis, the more I feel that he has something planned, the question is what though?

The sun began to set on that warm summers day as the tides died down and as the people walked away from the sands of the golden beach. The crisp blue skies turned into a flaming orange sunset as the sun lowered itself behind the ocean. Tony Holden and Beth Hunter walked across the beach as Tony kissed Beth’s hand where it appeared she had been wearing her engagement ring. As he kissed her goodbye, Beth walked towards the Surf Club. Tony turned around where he saw Dennis Gillian staring at him from the top of the beach at a distance. Tony wondered to himself if he should approach Dennis and to try and milk more out of him, to see why he really was here in Summer Bay. As Tony approached him, Dennis stood there staring at Tony with an evil smirk.

“How much longer until the big day?” Asked Dennis as he continued to smile.

“A few weeks.” Tony said as he rested against the posts of the beach.

“Great! Can’t wait!” Dennis replied as Tony laughed in his face.

“You can’t be serious, you’re not invited to the wedding.” Tony blurted out.

“Well why not? After all, we’re family.” Dennis said as he hit Tony against his back.

“We’re not family Dennis, not anymore. I wish I was never apart of your family, so Katie and I could live a normal life.”

“You really think you and Katie could live a normal life if it wasn’t for our family?” Asked Dennis as he began to laugh out loud. “You’re hysterical, you know that? When you married into our family, you knew that there was no chance of you living a normal happy life…” Dennis grinned through his teeth through a dark sinister whisper as Tony stared at him for motionless seconds. Reliving through his mind the night he and Katie married, the night his life changed.

CHAPTER 24: The One With Dennis And Tony’s Past

Outside a Mediterranean style mansion, a limousine pulled up at the front doors where a young married couple got out and raced up the stairs into the bride’s bedroom. Katie and Tony giggled as they began to take their wedding clothes off whilst they made out on the bed. Kiss, after kiss, after kiss they both felt like they were in heaven, they were feeling emotions they’ve never felt before, not even with each other.

“I love you Tony.” Katie smiled as she grabbed Tony by his tie and pulled him down to kiss her.

“I love you too.” Tony smiled as they continued to make out. After a few seconds, Katie stopped as she went to go outside.

“Where are you going?” Young Tony Holden cried with a teasing smile

“Just to get a little surprise for my husband.” The young blonde smiled as she walked off. Tony sat on the bed with his shirt half opened and with his white boxers on underneath. He began to smile as he looked around the rich room, which belonged to his wife, Katie Gillian Holden. As Tony got up to look at a photograph of him and her sitting on the mantle piece, he was disturbed when a dark voice spoke out of no where.

“Well, well, well. Who would of thought the marriage between you two would of went ahead?” The dark voice spoke which was totally familiar to Tony. His eye’s opened wide as he walked to a chair, which there sat Katie’s father, Frankie Gillian.

“Frank? What are you doing here?” Asked Tony as he brushed his hair back and buttoned up his shirt.

“To give you a little warning.” Frankie said as he took a sip out of his scotch glass whilst Tony gulped a ball of saliva as nerves began to build up within his mind.

“What are you talking about?” Tony chuckled, trying to pass Frankie’s serious tone as a joke.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about… Now that you’re married into the family I’m assuming Katie has told you everything about us?” Frankie asked as he crossed his legs over.

“You mean, what you and the boys do for a living?” Tony asked slowly, trying to pick his words right.

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about Anthony…” Frankie said as he bent over to whisper in Tony’s ear. “If you dare tell a sole about us I will have you crushed. I will ruin your life so much you would hope you were never born. I will kill your family, and then I will kill you… Am I understood?” Asked Frankie as he sat back into his seat, watching a nervous Tony gulp some more saliva.

“Certainly…” Tony answered back.

“And if you ever hurt my daughter, ever, I will stick my arm right up your ass so much, so far up I’ll pull your intestines out and strangle you with them… Do I make myself clear?” Frankie finished off. Tony just sat there, not knowing what to say or what to do, he felt scared and he felt like he wanted to run away, then he thought to himself ‘what did I get myself into?’

“Ah, the memories, hey Tony?” Dennis chuckled out loud as the sun has almost sinked below the ocean, making the flaming orange sky turn to darkness. Tony took a gulp, feeling scared again, seeing Frankie in his son’s eyes, through Dennis’ eyes.

“Dennis, seriously. What do you want? Why are you here?” Tony asked. Dennis let out a smirk as he bent over to Tony and whispered into his ear.

“To make your life a miserable hell.” He bent back with a chuckle, watching Tony’s fearful reaction.

“Why now? After all these years? What did I ever do to you?” Tony blurted out.

“You made my sisters life hell! It’s your fault she’s not here anymore!” Dennis said as their conversation turned to whispers. “It’s your fault she’s not here!” Dennis finished off.

“My fault? It’s your god damn family’s fault to why she’s not here! You and your father made her the way she was, which destroyed her life!

“She was ok until she met you! Once you two married, her life went downhill from there!” Dennis gritted through his teeth, as he watched Tony’s eyes fill up with tears.

As the moon rested high in the night sky, young Tony Holden pulled out of his car and walked up the pathway to the four-bedroom home he and Katie were living in. As he kissed a young child goodnight and rested him to sleep, he picked up his second child who was a toddler and began to play with him. Katie walked into the living room and planted a kiss on his cheek.

“How was work?” Katie asked as she moved back into the kitchen.

“Your father and your brother… Never mind.” Tony said with a smile as he walked back into the kitchen and helped Katie clean up.

“Could you give this to him, Dad bought it for him this morning. He likes to play with it” Katie said, passing a pencil to Tony which was branded with the family name ‘Gillian’ and had Italian symbols across it. Tony stared at the pencil as he began to scrunch up his face as he looked at it. He shook his head and passed it to the young toddler.

“How did your father get that made?” Tony asked.

“I don’t know. He has thousands of them. He gave Jack one as well.” Katie softly said as they began to hear a choking noise in the background. Both their eyes widened up as they ran towards the living room where they noticed the young toddler choking.

“No!” Katie cried as she picked up the young toddler, who blacked out. Tony picked up the pencil where he noticed the top of it had been chewed out.

At the hospital, Katie and Tony sat opposite ends of the waiting room, waiting to hear news from the doctors. As Tony looked up he saw Dennis comforting her, but she didn’t feel like the sympathy as she tried to get him away.

“Dennis, just leave me alone!” Katie said as she nudged him away, still upset. “I said get away!” Katie screamed as Tony pulled Dennis back.

“She said leave her alone!” Tony screamed.

“Get off of me!” Dennis screamed back as he pushed Tony away from him. “This is your fault he’s in there dying!” Dennis screamed again.

“Dennis!” Katie cried.

“Like hell it is mate, it’s your family’s fault he’s in there! If it wasn’t for your dad’s stupid merchandise, we wouldn’t be in this mess!”

“Guys please!” Katie cried as a doctor walked out. “Is he ok? Can we see him?” Katie asked. The doctor didn’t seem to be so happy, and by the look he delivered, Katie, Tony and Dennis could tell that something terrible had just happened.

“I’m sorry… He didn’t make it.” The doctor softly spoke as Katie cried out with tears as she moved towards the room. Tony felt like he had just has his heart ripped out of him, no words could explain his pain. As he looked at Dennis, he could see that Dennis also was upset. As the two moved towards the room, Katie angrily turned around and began to scream at them.

“Get out! Just get out!” Katie cried.

“Katie-“

Just shut up Dennis! He’s dead because of you! David is dead because of you!” Katie cried as Tony gave her a hug for comfort. “I said leave me alone!” Katie cried as she pushed Tony back and raced towards the bed where David lied, lying there lifeless. Tony and Dennis stared at each other and didn’t speak a word. They both stared towards the doctor as he walked up to them.

“There’s something about your son, you should know Mister Holden.” The Doctor said as he pulled Tony away, about to give him more news, which seemed more horrifying and unbelievable.

“It was your fault that she’s now gone.” Dennis said softly.

“No it’s not! If it wasn’t for your family, their stupid games, their stupid threats… None of this would of happened.” Tony said, as he wiped a tear away.

“You really believe it’s my family’s fault that Katie is no longer with us?” Dennis asked with a painful chuckle.

“Hell yes!” Tony blurted out as he continued to stare out into the ocean, where the sun had now disappeared from their view.

In the background of the old Holden house, a baby could be heard crying. Tony walked into the bedroom as he passed young Jack and noticed Katie in tears as she tried to calm down a baby boy.

“He won’t stop crying! Why wont he just stop crying!?” Katie cried as the baby’s heat began to make her feel warm.

“Is he hungry? Tired?” Tony asked.

“No I just fed him. He just wont shut up!” Katie screamed as the baby began to cry louder.

“Katie, is everything alright?” Tony asked. Katie couldn’t handle the pressure anymore as she dropped the baby into it’s crib without any care as she wiped her tears away. Tony went to comfort Katie, though she pushed him away and began to scream in pain, she was feeling too much heartache.

“Just leave me alone!” Katie screamed as she through a lamp over towards Tony. As Katie walked out the room, Tony stared at young baby Lucas, were he continued to cry in his crib.

Tony walked into a large room where Frankie and Dennis appeared to be talking at the other end. He slowly walked up to them as they noticed Tony coming towards them.

“I called them… They said they’ll be here in a few minutes.” Frankie said in an upsetting tone towards Tony.

“Oh… I can’t believe we’re doing this.” Tony said as he sat down.

“It’s her own fault… Besides, she needs to get better. She’s not listening to us.” Dennis explained.

“I know… I know… But I feel like this is such a bad decision.” Tony said softly as Katie walked in.

“What is?” Katie asked as she stood in front of the door, sounding and looking natural. The three men looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

“Oh it’s nothing honey… Just work.” Frankie explained. As they continued to look at each other they were disturbed when a maid entered the room.

“Mister Gillian. There’s two men downstairs waiting for you.” The maid said, as everyone looked at each other with concerned looks. They all began to walk downstairs as Tony held Katie’s hand tight. Katie began to breathe heavily, beginning to sound panicky.

“What’s going on? Who are they?” Katie asked as they stared towards the two men.

“I’m Doctor Troy, this is Doctor Kennedy, exactly, where is the patient?” Doctor Troy asked.

“Patient?” Katie asked, noticing Dennis and Frankie staring at her as Doctor Kennedy brought out a stray jacket. “Hey! Hey! What’s going on? What’s happening!?” Katie cried.

“You’re just going to a better place honey!” Frankie said. As Katie tried to struggle out of the stray jacket.

“Tony! Do something!” Katie cried.

“I can’t honey… This is for the best, you’re going to get better! I promise!” Tony explained as the doctors pulled Katie out, kicking and screaming. Tony began to cry as he watched her go, feeling guilty as he betrayed her.

“You shouldn’t lie Tony and give her false hope… The doctors pretty much confirmed, with her condition, she’s never going to get better.” Frankie whispered as he moved up the stairs. Tony looked at Dennis, feeling upset.

“Well what should I tell the boys?” Tony asked as he looked at Dennis. Dennis shook his head and walked up the stairs, following Frankie, leaving a devastated Tony behind.

As Tony arrived home late that night, young Jack ran up to him and gave him a huge hug.

“Daddy!” He cried as he wrapped around his arms around him. “Where’s mummy?” The young boy asked. Tony looked around the room as tears began to swell up in his eyes.

“Mummy’s not going to be with us anymore… She died.” Tony said as his grip around Jack became stronger, comforting his son.

Tony walked into the Hunter House through the dark. No one had appeared to be home. As Tony sat in the dark, remembering everything which happened with his involvement in Katie’s family, he began to lose it when his frustration took over. Tony began to cry in pain as he trashed the living room of the Hunter house. Feeling guilty for betraying his wife and feeling guilty for telling his sons a lie which could destroy their family, a lie where he told his sons that their mother was dead, when she is indeed- alive!

to be continued

NEXT CHAPTER: Who cracks under pressure and tells the truth to someone about a horrifying sin? Who does Claire believe is holding Peter hostage? And why has Peter’s captor dumped him on the beach?

Wow, talk about intense chapter. I loved every bit of it. You explained the whole backstory extremely well. Great use of flashbacks and how you inter-change them from past to present and vice versa.

Now that we know their past, let's hope that Tony tells the family the truth. I must say, Peter Baker and Dennis Gillan are really two very busy men [in different ways].

As to the previews:

I'm guessing it'll be Martha telling Jack the truth. And, yay, finally Peter's back... Well not back back but at least he'll be in the next chapter.

That was a brilliant chapter, Drew.

Great chapters Drew. :)

Belle didn't seem to mind at all about Hunter, i wonder who this william guy is? Great chapter on Tony's past, the flashbacks and the present scenes worked so well! It's good Katie is alive, does that now mean we'll get to see her side of things in the hospital?

I'm still thinking it's Zoe for some reason holding Peter hostage lol probably wrong though, is Kellie going to be introduced into it? :P

Can't wait for more. Update soon.

Thanks guys for the comments :D :D

Peter's hostage wont be revealed way down the track, unless you figure it out :P

As for Kelli... No, she wont be in this :( But I've left the story open for a sequel (figured out the actual ending a week ago) and I have planned her entrance! But that depends how this all goes first!

Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Archived