Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

Gah! I keep thinking you've updated *hint hint*

:lol: Well I have now, so enjoy :D

JACK

Finding one of my best friends wrapped around a pole was one of the worst experiences in my life. It gave me Déjà vu seeing him almost dead… That person was me a few weeks ago. These past few events have made me realize that life IS too short and we need to make a head start in it… Though one person keeps holding me back, my wife Martha… So where would our future lye together?

The sunset was now washed away by the moonlight of the night as the car horn continued to echo throughout the deserted road. Dan Baker was still in his same position, his head had been slammed against the wheel as blood trickled out of his right side of his face. From a distance, headlights could be seen and the car pulled over once they noticed the crash site. Jack Holden raced out of his car when he realized the driver was Dan Baker. His adrenaline began pumping, he was breathing heavily, Jack had no idea what to do. He pulled Dan’s face up from the wheel and rested it against the headrest. He pulled out his mobile and called for an ambulance. Once the ambulance was on its way, Jack rested up against the car, feeling scared. What if Dan Baker died? He thought. As the ambulance pulled up and took Dan to the hospital, Jack drove off leaving the crash site behind… Though what about Peter? As Jack drove off he remembered the quick events over the past half hour, but nothing went into his mind about Peter. That was because Peter wasn’t left lifeless on the road… Peter Baker must have been taken away... Peter Baker was now missing…

CHAPTER 18: The One Where Peter Goes Missing

As the trolley smashed through the emergency doors with Dan lying on top, Doctor Green rushed to his side, shaking and feeling nervous for an unknown reason.

“What have we got?” Doctor Green asked in a fast pace.

“Daniel Baker, his head was slammed on the wheel of his car which is wrapped around a tree. Bleeding from his ear and cuts and bruises all over his body.” The paramedic answered as Dan entered a private room. Still lying there unconscious, it seemed like Dan was never going to wake up. As the doctors lifted Dan from the trolley to the bed, Drew came running in with Leah. They raced up to Doctor Green, wanting to know the exact details of Dan’s condition.

“He has only just arrived here, we have to scan him and stop the bleeding before we can tell what’s going on.” Doctor Green told them. Leah covered her mouth and walked away when she noticed Dan’s condition. He just laid there without moving an inch, hooked up to many machines.

“Well is he going to be ok? Do you think he’ll pull through?” Asked Drew in a panic tone.

“We’ll know exactly what’s going on once we perform surgery on him.” As Doctor Green rested his hand on Drew, Dan’s heart rate in the background began to dramatically go down. Doctor Green’s eyes lit up with fear and ran back into the room. Both Drew and Leah knew that this wasn’t good and they had to prepare themselves for the worst. As Drew gave Leah a hug, Leah pulled herself away and walked off.

“Hey Leah!? Where are you going!?” Drew asked.

“Home. I’m tired, it’s been a long day.” Leah said as she stopped to look at him. Drew gasped after hearing what Leah just said.

“Home? Leah, Dan might die!”

“The doctors are taking care of him Drew, there’s not much we can do!” Leah screamed.

“You can stay here and support him! He’s your husband for crying out loud!” Drew screamed as he walked up to her.

“Not for much longer.” Leah said softly.

“What does that mean?” Drew asked, sounding serious.

“It means if Dan does pull through, which I doubt, that’s the end of us, we’re done, our marriage will be through.” Leah said, Drew couldn’t believe what she was saying.

“Leah… He’s your husband…” Drew emotionally said. Leah tried to think of something to say, but she couldn’t. No words could express her pain. Dan betrayed her, he wasn’t by her side. So why should she be beside his? She thought to herself as she walked off.

As Josie sat by herself alone at Noah’s Bar, she was wondering where Peter had gotten too. She began to think that maybe Peter stood her up for some reason. Just when she thought she had Peter, something in her heart felt like she lost him again… And right she was by thinking that. Peter Baker is missing, and no one knew about it. No one saw him last except for one person, Dan Baker. With Dan falling into a serious coma, no one will know what happened to Peter Baker until Dan wakes up… But then again, Dan was unconscious when Peter went missing…As Josie dialed Peter’s phone one last time she sighed when he didn’t pick up. Finishing the last drip of her wine, she got up and walked out of the Bar. She decided to return home, hoping to find Peter there… And with Josie’s little dirty mind, hoping to find him naked under her sheets. As she smiled and hoped for the best, she glided into her car and drove off.

Jack Holden arrived home late that night and slipped inside hoping not to wake Martha, sadly, she was already up waiting for him as she sat on the lounge. Jack sighed when he saw her and took off his jacket as he sat next to a not-to-satisfied-Martha. They stared at each other for awhile in silence and then they kissed.

“I guess you’ve heard about Dan?” Jack said softly as he rested on the lounge.

“Yeah… Rachel told me when she got home an hour ago… Poor guy, I hope he’ll be ok.” Martha said.

“I hope so… His condition looked pretty bad when I found him.” Silence rose from the surface again between the two for awhile, and Jack couldn’t handle it.

“Look, Martha… We have to talk about what happened this morning.” Jack said seriously.

“Jack… I know you want to start a family now… But I’m not ready.” Martha said. Jack’s eyes filled up with water, it was as if his dreams were being crushed.

“Well… When will you be ready?” Jack asked.

“Not now… I just started my career, I don’t want it to end now.” Martha said as she moved her hand up and down Jack’s body.

“You can still do both.” Martha laughed after hearing what Jack said.

“No, you can’t. Once you have a baby Jack, that’s it, your body becomes mush.”

“Martha… You can still do both.” Jack said with a comforting smile, hoping she’ll turn around.

“I’m sorry Jack… Just not now.” Martha said as she walked into her bedroom.

“Then when?” Jack screamed as Martha shut the door. Jack laid on the lounge, beginning to feel his emotions build up. If it wasn’t for her becoming a model then they wouldn’t be in this situation. If it wasn’t for Amanda Vale creating Desire, they wouldn’t be in this mess. In the bedroom, Martha began to cry softly so that Jack couldn’t hear. That wasn’t the only reason why she didn’t want a baby with Jack. She felt deep down inside she was falling out of love with him. She felt like she was missing all the fun she never had when she married him. And for some reason, Hunter Gillian helped her realize that.

As the young married couple slept in different rooms that night, the next day came as the sun began to rise from underneath the ocean. Rachel walked out of her room and noticed Jack sleeping on the lounge. She knew that they were beginning to have marriage problems, but the question was why? As she finished getting herself ready for a meeting, Rachel picked up her suitcase and drove to the hospital and sat at her desk patiently, waiting for someone to arrive. As the hour passed, a young lady knocked on the door and entered Rachel’s office.

“Sorry I’m late. I was caught up with some personal problems.” Amanda Vale said as she sat across the desk from Rachel.

“It’s ok… Have you heard about Dan?” Rachel asked as she played with a pen.

“Yeah… Actually, I just came from visiting him… The doctors said the coma he’s in is pretty bad and they’re not sure if he’ll wake up.” Amanda said with a flattering tear.

“There’s always hope.” Rachel said with a smile. “There’s always hope if you believe. Just like I believe I’ll find the killer for my baby.” Rachel said as she made herself comfortable in her seat. As she stared at Amanda, Amanda took a gulp of guilt. “So, have you had any leads then?” Rachel asked.

“Actually, I do…” Amanda said with a smile. “How much do you trust Josie Russell?” Amanda said with an evil smirk.

“Josie? You think she did this?” Rachel said in surprise. “You think Josie killed my unborn baby?” As Rachel sat there in shock, Amanda couldn’t help but laugh inside. She was beginning to slowly plant into Rachel’s mind that Josie was the killer, and slowly it was beginning to work…

As the sun settled in the sky, Dennis Gillian walked out of his basement and entered the foyer after hearing the doorbell ring several times. As he opened the door he was stunned to see Belle Taylor there. Both looked at each other for motionless seconds, without saying any words. They were both scared of each other, yet they weren’t aware of it.

“What do you want?” Dennis said slyly.

“I’m here to see Hunter.” Belle said avoiding his eyes.

“I thought I told you not so see him again.” Dennis said in a threatening tone. Belle didn’t know what to say, her hands began to sweat, she was beginning to get petrified from Dennis Gillian.

“And I told you I’ll see whoever I want, whenever I want.”

“That’s fine by me, as long as it isn’t my son. I don’t want you to ruin his life like you-“

“I’m not here to ruin his life Dennis… I’m here to hang out with him…” She then moved closer to him and whispered into his ear. "And if I’ll get bored, then I’ll begin to ruin your life.” Belle said with a cheeky smile. Dennis’ smug look turned to desperation after hearing what Belle just said.

“You can’t ruin my life girly… No one can… Do you have any idea who I am? I come from a mafia family, a dangerous one… I wouldn’t mess with me if I were you.” Dennis grinned.

“Like I said Dennis, I’m not here to mess with you… I’m here for Hunter.” Belle smartly said as she went to walk in, but was stopped when Dennis grabbed her. “Get your hands off of me!” Belle said.

“There is no way in hell you’re going to see my son! Otherwise there will be nothing left to see.” Dennis said as he let Belle go.

“What does that mean?” Belle said. Dennis looked around and laughed.

“If you continue to see my son behind my back, he’ll pay the price… Then you will. I will not have you walk into my family after what you have done!” Dennis said.

“After what I have done? You’re the one in the wrong Dennis… Anyway, if something bad happens to Hunter… Then I know who to dob in to the police.” Belle angrily said as she walked off. As Dennis stood in the doorway of his mansion, watching Belle walk out of the front gates, he felt fear crawling underneath his skin. He had to find something to blackmail her with, because the evidence she has, it will ruin Dennis for life… As Dennis closed the doors of his mansion and walked back into his basement he began to think what he could use or say that will ruin Belle before it will ruin himself. He couldn’t think straight, he began to panic. If his secret got out, that will be the end of him…

to be continued

NEXT CHAPTER: As two baysiders cheat on their partners, two enemies work together to find the man they both love... Who gets murdered because of a disagreement? And where the hell is Peter Baker?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, Martha cheats on Jack :lol: I think the creaming soda has gotten to me, but who cares. If Martha doesnt want to give Jacky a baby Holden, then Jacky doesnt need her. He can have someone else. Martha is young, being married is not good for her, she does need some excitement in her life, and if Hunter give her that then let him. Jacky can be with someone better :D Poor Dan, and Leah <_< Leaving her husband when his in a coma, hmph. And Dennis willing to sacrifice his son just to keep Belle away, what did she do to him??

Great chapter anyways. More please :D

Whatever you do, please don't tell me that Belle and Dennis were.... :ph34r: On second thought, ignore that. I think maybe she must've witness something about him.

Peter's missing.... Wonder which kind soul has taken him in. *cough*Lil*cough* :P Well, like what carmelle said, him going missing is better than him wounding up dead....

Hope to find out more about Amanda/Rachel revenge on Josie [Please, don't kill Josie. *begs*], and the whole Dennis/Belle and Dennis/Tony secret.

I am thinking Martha will cheat on Jacky boy but we'll have to see....

Josie and Amanda work together to find Peter? Now, that is going to be hillarious. :D

Update soon.... Ran out of speculations....

Archived