Fanfiction Discussion & Inspiration

Guest aejdude

Okay, first of all, a LOT of people still need to get into the reviewing thing. All I seem to be getting is 'update soon, good chapter' and it's a bit annoying.

I also have a question. If it was out of 'cassie, Martha, matilda, belle and tasha' which FOUR would you choose to read about?

Is that the right place to ask that....?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, first of all, a LOT of people still need to get into the reviewing thing. All I seem to be getting is 'update soon, good chapter' and it's a bit annoying.

I also have a question. If it was out of 'cassie, Martha, matilda, belle and tasha' which FOUR would you choose to read about?

Is that the right place to ask that....?

I know what you mean, and yes I am guilty of that and I am trying to get out of the habit of doing so. :wink:

Out of the five I would chose Belle, Tasha (And I'm not sure on the other 2). x

• 4 months later...

Hey, this hasn't been chatted in a while.

I'm sort of stuck. See, I see fics and they get heaps of readers. When I try a fic, I usually don't get AS many, and I'm stuck on what to write. Apart from J/M, how do I collect readers, what do people want to read, etc.

Well, I think JM fics have been done to death, in my opinion. It seems to be the same storyline over and over again.

Maybe do a Lic (Luc&Ric) or a Rim (Robbie&Kim). Oh, maybe a Drules (Drew&Jules). Those same sex fics always gets heaps of readers and turn out to be very interesting.

:wink:

I'm getting around to doing a Drules oneshot - the tension is too much to ignore! But I wouldn't mind reading some others first :D

Does anyone else remember a time where there were like 2 or three sad little slash fics floating around these halls? The Dark Days, I call them (just now...) Thank God that isn't the case anymore :D

In a general sense, you can make any fic interesting, no matter who it's about. Drama, comedy, action and romance - work out how to write these elements well and the rest will follow. Of course it does help if you choose popular characters, but some of the most interesting fics can be about the ones that aren't mains, like Jules or Charlie, for example. I remember when there were no Charlie fics, and look at us now! Focusing on villainous people and themes are always a hot topic, but evil doesn't end with the stalker! There's a whole world of crazy Summer Bay residents out there, just waiting for someone to crack their heads open and dig their thoughts out with a spoon.

I guess the main thing is to try and think of something that hasn't been done. There are a lot of J&M fics, but if you wanted to write about them, maybe not focus on how in love they are and how cute they are or how they've broken up and NEED to get back together, because that can be too predictable (not always, but the thought can put people off). Why not write about them moving to a farm or something where Martha can recapture her childhood... except for one problem... Jack's allergic to cows!!! However will he tell Martha!? lol... okay, maybe not the best example but you get the idea :P

Actually, now that I've said that, it's probably not what J&M fans want at all. They probably want the predictable romance :P

Readers are a fickle breed. I for one will rarely read a fic unless someone makes me, or unless it's a oneshot and I don't have to get committed to it. I don't like reading much, but when I do find a fic I like, I love reading it... so I don't know how that works... I guess I'm trying to say, if you post a fic and don't get a reply don't get too discouraged. maybe wait a while and bump it to the front page again when there's a lot of people in the forum so you know that people can see it, and if that doesn't work, try posting something else :)

... My fic has lost readers by the looks of it, which has given me major writersblock and at the best time.

This always happens.

Is that the jail one? I forgot about that... I've been trying to get my fic together, which is another problem with this forum. Most of the potential readers are too wrapped up in their own writing :P

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but it said fan fic disscussion so I was just wondering what people thought of a fic that I have floating around in my mind that involves yet another teen coming to the bay and yet again looking for thier long lost parent however in this case I was going to do something different or so I hope in that fact that thier parent was in fact a villain and that they are dead. At this point I would like to say I got alot planned out not just that one plot...

so what do people think and more importantly did I post this in the right place?

Sounds good, and yes, I believe you did :P

From the first page:

Basically, this thread is for people who have thought of an idea for a fic but don't know whether people will like it for example instead of posting numerous new topics which are new fics and you see no one reading them just post your fan fic ideas in here so you can find out whether people will like your idea or not.

Archived