Something About You

Guest Jacksthehottest

Not much really happening in this chapter, its not that long either, it has a lot of dialogue though. Enjoy

Chapter 6:

So thats what you have missed Ric informed her, Martha had been back for a day now, she was catching up with Ric. Both Robbie and Tash werent in town and she hadnt seen Jack around lately, maybe it had something to do with the fact that she was trying to ignore him and avoid any awkward situations, she had nothing to say.

Not much, I guess Colleen never changes Martha replied just thinking of her.

Yeah but she was shocked to hear about it Ric told her, laughing as well.

Yep that sounds like Colleen and do we even know this girl, who apparently cheated? Martha asked.

Nope I dont think anyone does, but hey Colleen felt special when she found out, that she had to tell the whole town Ric smiled back at her.

That would have been funny to see, such a shame I missed it Martha replied. Ric looked back at her, she looked worried about something or distracted in a way.

So hows Matilda? Martha said giving Ric a nudge, all he could do was laugh.

Trust me its complicated he answered.

Complicated, no nothing can be more complicated then my love life at the moment she sighed, not that she had one, but if she was to admit she felt the same way, maybe she would have one.

Wait I thought you two only slept in the same bed, and that nothing happened Ric asked her. Martha looked right back at him, how did he know what was going on with her and Jack.

What how do you know? Martha asked suddenly.

Small town, people talk he smiled back at her. Martha let out a loud sigh before beginning to speak.

Nothing happened, and nothing ever will she lied to him, she couldnt tell him the truth, even if it was obvious to Ric.

Why not? Ric asked her.

Hes a jerk and I dont like him Martha told him, before Ric could finish speaking. He looked back at her, he knew Martha was crazy about him, but she never admitted it.

What? Martha said back at him. I dont like him she repeated herself, trying to convince him.

If you say so Ric said, giving up. He looked up further along the beach spotting Lucas and Jack, who had just come out of the water. He remembered the times Martha was with Jack, he had never seen her so happy before, even after what Jack did to her, Ric had believed that Jack had changed and he wouldnt do anything to hurt her, but he didnt need to convince himself, he needed to convince Martha.

Hey is that Lucas and Jack? Ric smiled to himself pointing up to the two guys further up on the beach. Martha looked straight ahead and there he was standing. He was just wearing his board shorts and Martha couldnt help but think he looked hot. She smiled to herself, but then quickly snapped out of it.

Uh- Martha began trying to say something, but couldnt find the words.

Lucas Ric yelled out to him, he waved his hand at him. Martha looked away, why did Ric just have to do that? She thought to herself.

Lucas and Ric had left Martha and Jack alone. Ric offered to go to the diner with Lucas, to get Martha and Jack together. She had been acting strangely all day and every time he mentioned Jack, she would go all weird. Jack and Martha were now standing together not speaking.

So? Jack said breaking the silence. Tash and Robbie left today he added, trying to make conversation, he hadnt seen her over the last day, and he felt she was ignoring him.

Yeah Martha replied, she was feeling awkward, which rarely ever happened with Jack. She knew it had something to do with the night before. She didnt know what to say to him. This means I dont have to hang around with you anymore? Martha gave him a small smile.

Why? Jack smiled back at her.

Because Tash and Robbie arent here, I dont have to be nice to you she teased him.

Arent you mean he laughed back at her. Anyways you dont have to worry about me being here, I have to go work in the city for 3 days Jack told her.

What, why? Martha suddenly asked him. Jack just laughed back.

Hey I thought you didnt care he smirked at him.

I thought you had the week off? she asked him.

Yeah so did I, by McGrath wants me to go work on a case in the city, apparently it would be good experience Jack replied, mocking McGraths tone. Martha just nodded in response, she did care that she wasnt going to see him for three days, she would miss him, she was so used to having him around all the time.

Martha Im not going to give up Jack told her, breaking the silence again.

On what? Martha asked confused.

On you, on us he told her, reaching out to grab her hand, but she pulled away.

Jack she answered back frustrated, when he touched her she couldnt think, she couldnt even speak.

I know what happened the other night, we both wanted even if you try to deny it, it was like we used to be before he told her.

Why are we talking about this? she asked him, trying to sound uninterested.

Because I know that you want to be with me, youre denying it Martha, and we cant keep doing this Jack told her. Ignoring what we have Jack added.

No Jack, what we had, its in the past she told him, lying to Jack and herself.

No thats not true Jack said trying to change her mind. Martha looked down at her feet, he knew her too well. She wanted it to be like they were before, but she didnt think that was possible.

Why do you do this Jack?, you just dont give up do you? she half smiled at him. Jack slowly grabbed her hand, but this time Martha didnt pull away.

Im never going to give up as long as I know there is a slight chance that you still want to be with me, I know you dont think its true but I know you Martha, maybe a bit too well he smiled at her. All Martha could do was nod in response, she couldnt say anything.

If you told me that you dont love me any more or that you dont feel anything for me, then I will leave you alone Jack replied. He brought his thumb up to her cheek and stroked it slowly. Martha looked back at him.

I cant say that she told him, she couldnt lie anymore. Jack smiled back at her, he was glad that she had at least admitted that she felt the same way.

Why do you tell me this when your leaving she asked him, still looking at him.

I dont know, Ill be back in 3 days though, maybe then we can talk about it? Jack asked her. Martha nodded in response.

Jack placed his hands around her waist pulling her closer to him; Martha wrapped her hands around his neck. She placed her head on his chest, just like she had felt the other night.

Ill miss you she told him.

Ill miss you too he said holding her tighter. All the other thoughts seemed to disappear when she was with Jack.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to not like Jack.

How is that possible when he's being so damn cute?

Why do I want to read this damn fic anyway!? It frustrates me beyond belief because I don't know what's going on!

If you don't tell me I'll go on protest. Honestly, I'll just stop reading. Or I'll atleast not comment.

The choice is yours. :) lol.

I should have written this before but anyway… here are some things that you need to know

- Jack lives with Kim

- Jack has been in the bay for like a year and a half

- Flynn is alive and Pippa is like 4

- Cassie/Ric and Lucas/Mattie pairing don’t exist, not that it really matters

- Kim isn’t with Rachel, but she does exist in this fic, Kim is currently single

Okay anyways I may have confused some people by the last chapter sorry. :( Just to clear things up here is a short summary well sort of.

Jack and Martha used to go out 5oinths ago, they dated for a month. Something happened during that time to change that all. Martha still remembers the memories and is hurt by what Jack did, she still likes him only pretends she doesn’t, and obviously Jack likes Martha. They aren’t together now. In the last chapter Jack left for 3 days and Martha admitted she still likes him, even though he knew that.

Now about this whole business with Jack, I will actually reveal it soon, well not soon but in like 4 or 5 chapters maybe less maybe more. But just to give you sort of a hint (more like give it away) but it’s pretty obvious what Jack did, but it’s not as bad as some of you might think. Yep that’s all.

This chapter starts from 3 days later, Jack is back. Hope you enjoy

Chapter 7:

Martha woke up the next morning; the sun was shining through her window. She had woken up with a smile, it had been 3 days since Jack had left and he was coming back today. She didn’t know why, but she was excited to see him, she never thought she would miss him. She missed all of his stupid comments and the way he was always around her, it used to annoy her but now that she had noticed that it actually felt weird not having him around.

She hadn’t been thinking of much lately, Jack was always on her mind. It was the first time in 5months that she hadn’t thought of anything in the past; it didn’t even come to her head, last time she had talked to Jack he had left a smile on her face. He was right in front of her the man she loved and she wasn’t with him. Maybe she was ready to move on and forget if it meant that she would be happy.

“Morning” Martha said to Ric and Cassie as they sat together on the couch. She had stayed over last night, it had gotten late and she wasn’t in the mood for going home. This was like her second home.

“Morning” They both replied at the same time. Martha was about to open the fridge when Pippa came through from the bedroom running up to her.

“Martha, Martha look” she said pointing to her school bag, proud of her achievements. Martha just laughed and gave her a hug. She smiled down at her. Soon Sally made her way over as well. Packing her back and leaving.

“You two going to be fine getting to school?” she asked Ric and Cassie.

“Yeah we will be fine. Bye” Ric told her. Martha waved to Pippa as she ran towards the car. Ric couldn’t help but laugh he had never seen any one so excited about going to school.

“Ric are you coming?” Cassie asked breaking his thoughts.

“Yeah, listen I’ll catch up with you” Ric smiled at her before walking to Martha, he waited for Cassie to leave before speaking.

“Don’t you have to get to school?” Martha asked him.

“Yeah I do but not until I found out what’s going on here” Ric smiled at her.

“What do you mean?” Martha asked him confused.

“This” he said pointing to her “You’re smiling and haven’t stopped for the past three days” Ric told her.

“So I can be happy” she replied back smartly.

“Something is going on and I’m going to find out” he replied laughing back. Martha laughed with him. Was it that obvious that she was happy?.

“Well right now you have to get to school, so go” Martha told him pushing out the door.

“Great, don’t remind me” Ric replied picking up his bag. “See you later” he told her before walking out. Martha fell back onto the couch, looking up at the ceiling, she didn’t quite understand why she was happy, yes Jack was getting back today, but nothing had changed, her and Jack weren’t together. She was actually proud of admitting her feelings to Jack, she couldn’t deny them much longer especially after they had shared the kiss.

She had the day of today and it was perfect she was planning on spending the day with Jack and once she had finished breakfast she was going to go and see him. Tash and Robbie weren’t in town Ric was at school and Alf had gone to city for a couple of days, she had no one left but Jack, not that it bothered her.

She didn’t know what to do?, should she be feeling this way towards him after what he did, every day that seemed to pass those thoughts kept disappearing and she was slowly getting over it, which was a good sign, she wanted to be with Jack.

She stood in front of Jack’s door, knocking on it. Unsure of why she was here, was there something she had to tell him or was she just desperate to see him after he had been away. Her thoughts had been distracted when the door opened it was Kim.

“Hey” she smiled at him.

“Hey, come in” he told her opening the door and standing on the side so that she could get in.

“Thanks” Martha replied closing the door. “Where’s Jack?” she asked.

“I think he is in his room” Kim replied.

“Is he sleeping?” Martha wanted to know.

“No I don’t think so” he told her. Martha made her way over to Jack’s bedroom and knocking on it. No answer came; she knocked again and stood waiting.

“Yeah?” Jack called out from the other side of the door. Martha smiled at the sound of his voice. She slowly opened the door sticking her head in. Jack saw her and smiled.

“Hey” she said stepping in.

“Hey” he replied. “Miss me much?” he asked her.

“How did I know you were going to say that” she smiled back at him.

Ever since they had left the cottage things had changed, Jack still teased her and joked around but it was different, Martha felt like she was flirting back as well. “And for your information no I didn’t miss you, I was glad I got away from you” she joked.

“Sure and that’s why you’re here” Jack laughed at her.

“Okay so I was bored you got me” she told him with a smile.

“So do you want to go to the beach or the diner” Martha asked him. They had now made their way to the lounge room, Kim had gone to work

“Hey I thought we weren’t friends, you said when Robbie and Tash aren’t here we don’t have to be see each other” he replied back smartly.

“Well I changed my mind?” she replied.

“So what happens if I’m busy?”, maybe I can’t go” he asked her. She hit him playfully on the arm.

“Fine you don’t have to come” Martha smirked back at him. Martha turned around facing the door. Jack walked up behind her and wrapped her hands around her, breathing onto her neck. “So if I come, what does happen” he whispered into her ear. Martha closed her eyes and moved his hands away from her.

“Nothing like that” she smiled at him. Even if she wanted it, there were things they needed to talk about before any of that could happen.

She wasn’t sure if she could put everything behind them yet and she wasn’t going to lead him on if she had no intentions of being with him. She needed to sort out what she wanted to do.

“I thought this would be fun” Jack acted disappointed.

“It will be, just think of Colleen’s specials I bet you missed them” she smiled at Jack.

“Definitely” he replied sarcastically. He looked at the girl standing in front of him smiling. And what was even better was that she was smiling at him.

He could see things between them had gotten better at least Martha wasn’t ignoring him, maybe by tonight they could have a proper conversation, if not he would understand if she didn’t want to be with him, after all he had made the mistake of loosing her.

Archived