Something About You

Guest Jacksthehottest

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5

Martha opened her eyes, the first thing she realized was that she wasn’t at home; she was in a room that she didn’t recognize and was sleeping in a bed that wasn’t hers. Her head was placed on Jack’s chest, and he had his arm around her. She didn’t know how she had gotten here, when she fell asleep she wasn’t near him, she must have somehow made her way over to him during the night.

She didn’t want to move incase she had woken up Jack; she didn’t want to move from where she was. She didn’t know if things would change between her and Jack now, how would he react after the kiss they shared last night. She didn’t know how it ended up that way, she had let the hurt disappear and just showed her feelings for Jack, the feelings that she had been trying to deny for 5months.

She didn’t want to talk about it, with him she had said too much last night. It was best if she had just left the room now, she tried to get up but he pulled her back down.

“Morning” he said turning to face her with a smile. Martha slowly moved away from him, pretending to be surprised herself that she was in his arms.

“Morning” she replied putting on a smile, as she rolled over so that she was sleeping on her side. They kept staring at each other until Martha looked away, breaking their gaze. She knew Jack would bring it up, he would want to know what was going on, but she and no answers, and she had no idea why she had told him everything last night

“Martha, wh-“ Jack began but Martha cut him off, she knew what he was about to say.

“So what is there to do at this place?” she asked him trying to change the subject. “Maybe we should all go for a walk later, to see” she continued.

“Ma-“he tried again, but had no luck.

“Tash and Robbie will probably be awake won’t they?” she asked him. Jack grabbed her hand softly and brought it up to his face. Martha stopped speaking and looked at him, how did he manage to do this.

“Martha what happened last night?” Jack asked her, Martha and him had never gotten that close, Jack would tease her but she had never let him kiss her, last night was different, maybe it had meant something.

“Nothing” she replied trying to look away. But Jack cupped her face, making her look at him.

“Martha what does it mean?” he asked her. Martha began to speak but stopped herself, she had no answer.

“Can we not talk about it?” she pleaded him, she turned away not wanting to look at him. How had she managed to survive 5months without being able to kiss him or touch him and now that she was reminded of what she was missing out on, she wanted him even more.

“Okay..” Jack answered back, he knew Martha would act like this, pretend like nothing had happened, pretend like it meant nothing and deny she didn’t feel anything. He hated it when she acted like that, but he had to put up with it, otherwise him and Martha wouldn’t be talking, he just had to go along with what she wanted.

Martha all of a sudden felt awkward; she was lying in the same bed as him, not knowing what to say.

“I’m going for a walk” Martha told Jack as she stood up heading for the bathroom. Jack was going to answer back but decided not to, he knew she was doing it to get out of here, or to get rid of him. As long as he had known Martha, she would always wanted to sleep in, he smiled to himself just thinking of the memories, where he had to practically drag her out of the bed.

Jack sat up and looked at the clock beside him, it was only 8 o’clock. He let out a loud sigh and fell back onto the pillow.

“Finally you’re awake” Robbie said to Jack as he came out of the room and joined him and Tash for breakfast. “Where’s Martha?” Robbie asked.

“Uh, she went for a walk” Jack told them, as he rubbed his eyes, he hadn’t slept much last night. Everything had kept him awake, especially Martha, she was lying in his arms, he couldn’t close his eyes, because he knew the next time he opened them she wouldn’t be there.

“Good Morning” Tash said to Martha as she saw her walk in. Jack turned around to face her, but she quickly looked away.

“Morning” Martha smiled at her as she sat down. She didn’t dare look at Jack, maybe she had done the wrong thing last night, the kiss shouldn’t have happened, she was getting his hopes up for nothing. But at the time she wasn’t thinking about it, she was just thinking about herself. Sure she wanted to be with Jack, but she couldn’t not until the memories and the hurt disappeared, but one thing Martha had been realizing over these few days was that whenever she was with Jack, she didn’t see it anymore, she only saw the Jack that she once used to love.

“Martha?” Robbie said waving her hand in front of her.

“Huh?” Martha asked, snapping out of her thoughts.

“Never mind” Tash replied, as she stood up walking over to the kitchen. Jack too stood up and headed outside. Robbie curiously watched as Martha’s eyes followed Jack’s.

“Is everything ok?” he asked her.

“Yeah why wouldn’t it be” Martha replied.

“I don’t know, you tell me” Robbie shrugged as he stood up helping Tash. Martha looked up at Tash and Robbie, smiling at each other. Anyone could tell they were in love.

“Hey” she said, walking up to Jack who was sitting out at the front. He turned around and smile at her.

“Couldn’t keep away” he replied. Martha looked down at her feet; she couldn’t bring herself to look at Jack. “I’m joking Martha” he said while giving her a slight push. Martha smiled back at him, this was one of the reasons why she loved Jack, he made her smile even in situations she thought were impossible.

“Did the kiss mean anything to you or was it just a spur of the moment.. Jack asked trailing of, he didn’t know what to say. He looked up at Martha, he could tell she was acting differently. “Actually you know what forget I even asked” he added looking away. She didn’t feel like talking to Jack about it now, it would only turn into an awkward situation.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” she asked him.

“Didn’t you just go for one” Jack teased her, he managed to smile at her.

“You don’t have to come” she smiled at him. “But then I could get lost and –“Martha was cut of before she could finish.

“Fine I’ll come” he told her as he pulled her along. “But if you get us lost, it’s you fault” he told her.

“Who said we would get lost?, I know where we are going” she relied defensively.

“Really do you remember that time we went through the bush and we couldn’t find our way home” Jack smirked at her.

“Shut up” she slapped him playfully. “That was one time, and I’m pretty sure it was your fault” Martha added. Jack could do nothing but smile back, he really did love her.

I didn't realise you had updated before this one so the whole thing with the kiss in here I was getting really confussed about so I had to go and read the other update lol. I really want to know what Jack's done to make Martha so upset, he can be so sill sometimes. I hope they talk and get back together, that would be the perfect chapter :wub: please update soon, I really want to know what happens! :D

Archived