Phobias

Guest Tamxxx

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not exactly a phobia, but I can't stand being in a room with heaps of people. Our school concert was one of those times, and I literally broke down and had to be taken outside. And now I'm going to be in another room like that with heaps of people, again this year. It'll be swell!

OMG, that ghosts thing is freaky...

Mar is right, you may have agoraphobia, but it sounds more like claustrophobia to me. Does this happen in other situations? Like on a crowded bus, or in lifts?

My friend's mum has agoraphobia, she has it really severe, can't even go outside incase she sees too many people. I don't think I really understand it properly though, it's not really something that comes up in conversation alot!

But yeah, my friend has to do all the errands for her mum cause she literally can not make herself set foot out the house.

That's a rather extreme case, though.

I am agoraphobic in periods. I have weeks where I completely isolate myself. I don't leave the house for weeks - although, those are the periods when I'm really down and don't eat, just sleep/don't sleep at all and have suicidal thoughts.

I can be agoraphobic while being "up" as well., not so often thought, but I prefer not to go do the shopping alone.

I have mild agoraphobia. It started out as social phobia and gradually developed into a fear of being away from home. I'm ok with leaving the house and going to work etc, but I find it difficult to travel. Going out socially is hard, particularly situations where I feel I can't get out, like travelling on public transport or in the cinema. But yeah, it's something you have to work at. I don't think it will ever go away completely but if I keep at it hopefully I'll be able to do most things without it being a huge drama.

I think i have a mild social phobia or/and agoraphobic.. Its kinda like you Mar, in some periods i dont wanna go to school at all i just stay in my room all day long. And i dont like being in a room with to many people.

I also have no self-confidence at all, so its horrible being with to many people..

I think I might me claustrophobic

I don't have problems with big halls with people or anything, but if I'm standing in front of a wall and say three people talking to me in front of me, I can't handle it if they get too close so I feel trapped.

I also sometimes panic if I'm in a smaller room that is warmer than usual, like a bathroom. Then I have to get out.

I panic in small rooms or in crowds (but again, not like concert halls and stuff like that), I feel like I can't breathe.

• 1 month later...

Well I have quite alot of phobias haha.

Spiders! Jeez! Allways when I'm about to go to slepp, I see one watching me from my ceiling and it creeps me out. I can't even squash them or anything. The other day I saw a little tiny spider on my wall like the smallest kind you can get and it took me an hour and a half of standing over it with a wad of tissue for me to get the courage to actually squash it, it was horrible.

Another weird one ive allways had is stairs without banisters. There was some once on a madonna video and I can't bear to watch it, i have a total fear of falling off or whatever. When I go to concerts, I can't walk down the stairs in the arenas because they dont have banisters, I've tried so many times but I just can't handle it. LOL!

When I was little I used to read those "goosebumps" books, and I read one about one of those ventriloquist dummies, ever since they have terrified me lol.

I think that lead to my fear of china dolls and clowns.

I also don't like cracks in the pavement, briges, heights, boats, ghosts, thunder and lightning, lifts, fish, insects of any kindand those people at disneyland who dress up as the characters.

LMAO I'm a total scardey-cat :P

Archived