Guest Dean

I LOVE 24. Day six started over here on sun and wow what a start. I won't give nethin away but its good. Kinda sad that there's non of the recognisable faces like Tony (RIP). Are you getting two episodes at a time as well? I dunno how long thats gonna last here coz like you sed then we'd be ahead of America, infact I think they did the same thing when it started last year.

xx

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, Wednesdays eh? Heroes and 24 on the same night, looking forward to that. 5 days!

I hope Heroes lives up to the all the hype!

I wonder when Lost be on? It was on Thursday nights lst year, I would have preferred my two favourite shows to be on the same night.

Yeah Lost will still be on Thursday's.

Wednesday will be 8:30 Heroes, 9:30 Prison Break, and 10:30 24.

Seven will however launch the sixth series of 24 on Tuesday and Thursday at 8.30pm before it slots into the unfortunate 10.30pm Wednesday slot.

Finally! My season 5 DVD was here yesterday morning when I woke up and I started watching it at about 1.00pm and finished it today at 5pm. Not quite a 24 hour marathon but I think I come pretty close considering I've only had three hours sleep and nothing but junk food for two days.

Anyway about season 5. Wow. Dean you were right, one of the best seasons so far, if not the best. I was absolutely devastated when they killed off Palmer and then Michelle but I thought no, it'll be okay Tony's going to survive...especially when Dean lied to me in general chat and said none of my favourites died :angry: ...to be fair I did have a major tantrum when I thought you'd spoiled it for me so thanks for not telling me the truth. :lol: Still I was genuinely gutted. From the minute they mentioned medical as being one of the locked down rooms and transferred Henderson there I knew Tony was going to try and kill him. I didn't see Henderson escaping and Tony dying though; think that state of shock lasted for a good few hours.

Edgar dying, as others have said, another major key moment. The silent clock was brilliant and the moment between him and Chloe was so sad. Chloe started to grow on me last season but now she's fully up there with one of the favourites. I love her relationship with Jack, how she's genuinely the only person he trusts, even over Audrey. It was nice seeing her vulnerable side in this series but I do love her little snapbacks. Audrey I was unconvinced by, I didn't really care about her much but she won my respect in the second half of the season. Forcing Jack to go after the recording and leave her, showed she does have the guts to put something before herself and I liked her after that. Not sure her relationship with Jack will survice the Chinese stuff though.

Logan...I was surprised that he was responsible for everything, I was convinced it would be the Vice President and I really quickly grew to hate him. He was a cooward in series five, I thought maybe they'd changed him a little in the early parts of season six but no he was still a coward. I loved how he was found out though. Martha is awesome, she should definitely run the country instead of him. I actually cringed when she had to secude him to keep him there, that was real loyalty. So relieved Aaron's still alive and that Mike Novak showed his loyalty in the end, the moments between Aaron and Martha Logan were good too.

That Miles jerk, I've never wanted to punch someone so much in my life, what a complete and utter bastard. Lynn was a twat too which meant naturally he had to die a hero. My biggest complaint about this series though was Kim. I know she's been through this big traumatic ordeal but seriously she needs to get over herself. She should have forgiven Jack, his eagerness to take her call at the end. I'd seen the promos for season six so I knew Jack was going to get captured by the Chinese but I naively hoped that Kim might get to tell him she forgave him first. Loved the Chinese man, he was great and the fact that Jack's going to obviously be tortured beyond belief makes me pretty sure that the Jack we have is season six won't be anything like the guy we have seen up to now.

I'm undecided whether that's a good thing or bad thing but then I never thought that they could kill off three of my alltime favourites (Palmer, Tony and Michelle) and still produce possibly the best season yet so I'm gona reserve judgement for now. Have the first episode of season six on tape, its already been shown here so I'm going to have a shower, some food and watch it later, when do you guys in Aus get to see it?

Oh and just in case you haven't gathered yet...I'm another essay writer when it comes to my thoughts on episodes! :P

Archived