Guest Dean

Yep. :(:angry: If it comes to Aust. at all after this year's ratings, it won't be till summer I guess.

One of the best episodes of 24.

Well, actually, the whole season was my favourite- it was absolutely thrilling! It's the best season made so far.

As for the finale, another absolutely gripping episode. We knew Jack's motives to get to Logan. The actual characters in the show really gripped me, and I feel they are one of the main reasons I love this show, and this finale.

The end of Season 3, I couldn't stand Mike Novick; he betrayed Palmer (my favorite character). However, he slowly relieved himself after helping Aaron and Martha. I love his character now. Aaron emanates so much sympathy and loyalty to his country that you can't not love him.

When Jack started the interrogation, I was hoping that he would torture Logan (little did I know it was all in the plan). But Logan's state of mindis seen in his line (It's ok Jack, it's ok that you can't kill me".) Ohh that really annoyed me.

After the confession, Chloe saves the day. In Season 3 , I didn't like Chloe - her attitude, her expressions. Everything. But in this season she was so devoted to Jack, and helped him so much that I think she's the bomb! (As Andy already knows. :lol:) Her rudeness to Miles I liked, and especially after Edgar's death, she became even more likable. I really felt the last scene with her; when Bill hands her the photo, and she shows some emotion. This is an important part as it shows Chloe DOES have feelings, the fact that Chloe cries, makes the scene more great as I didn't expect it.

The last scene was the best scene I have ever seen on 24. Even better than S1 finale. Or George. It was totally unexpected to me. However, when Jack was told he 'had a call', I was like :o a Chinese man told him too, something suss is going on. However, I wasn't expecting them to attack! Then you see Jack in a bloody mess being dragged into a torture chamber that looks something out of 'Saw'. It was disgusting, and I felt like screaming: "How could you stop the show now!!!". It was brilliant. The make up. The set. The script. The acting. All great; this gave the last scene all that more impact. I just really really really hope they follow on this cliffhanger: the last scene was the best I have watched on television before. The fact that Jack was weak and couldn't do anything really had an emotional impact on me.

All in all a fantastic finale, finishing off the best season of 24. Even better than S1.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'24' Adds Two More; Woodside becomes regular, King joins cast

July 17 2006

LOS ANGELES -- David Palmer is dead and buried, but his family will still be a presence on "24" next season.

In the show's latest round of casting, the FOX thriller has made DB Woodside, who's had a recurring part as Palmer's (Dennis Haysbert, now on CBS' "The Unit") brother, a regular for the forthcoming sixth season. Regina King ("Ray") has also joined the cast, playing his sister.

Woodside's character, Wayne Palmer,

will follow in his late brother's footstep by assuming the presidency, taking over from the twitchy and traitorous Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin).

King's character, Angela, is a "powerful advocacy lawyer," according to FOX.

How the two new regulars will play into the story of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) in the coming season remains to be seen. FOX isn't dropping any details about the season-six plot, although Sutherland has said it will focus at least in part on Jack trying to save his own skin.

Woodside has appeared in the third and fifth seasons of "24." His credits also include "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Romeo Must Die" and "Murder One."

The series will be the first live-action TV work for King since she co-starred in the short-lived NBC comedy "Leap of Faith" a few seasons back. She also voices Huey and Riley on Adult Swim's "The Boondocks."

In addition to "Ray," her film credits include "Jerry Maguire," "Legally Blonde 2" and "Enemy of the State."

Yep. :(:angry: If it comes to Aust. at all after this year's ratings, it won't be till summer I guess.

One of the best episodes of 24.

Well, actually, the whole season was my favourite- it was absolutely thrilling! It's the best season made so far.

As for the finale, another absolutely gripping episode. We knew Jack's motives to get to Logan. The actual characters in the show really gripped me, and I feel they are one of the main reasons I love this show, and this finale.

The end of Season 3, I couldn't stand Mike Novick; he betrayed Palmer (my favorite character). However, he slowly relieved himself after helping Aaron and Martha. I love his character now. Aaron emanates so much sympathy and loyalty to his country that you can't not love him.

When Jack started the interrogation, I was hoping that he would torture Logan (little did I know it was all in the plan). But Logan's state of mindis seen in his line (It's ok Jack, it's ok that you can't kill me".) Ohh that really annoyed me.

After the confession, Chloe saves the day. In Season 3 , I didn't like Chloe - her attitude, her expressions. Everything. But in this season she was so devoted to Jack, and helped him so much that I think she's the bomb! (As Andy already knows. :lol: ) Her rudeness to Miles I liked, and especially after Edgar's death, she became even more likable. I really felt the last scene with her; when Bill hands her the photo, and she shows some emotion. This is an important part as it shows Chloe DOES have feelings, the fact that Chloe cries, makes the scene more great as I didn't expect it.

The last scene was the best scene I have ever seen on 24. Even better than S1 finale. Or George. It was totally unexpected to me. However, when Jack was told he 'had a call', I was like :o a Chinese man told him too, something suss is going on. However, I wasn't expecting them to attack! Then you see Jack in a bloody mess being dragged into a torture chamber that looks something out of 'Saw'. It was disgusting, and I felt like screaming: "How could you stop the show now!!!". It was brilliant. The make up. The set. The script. The acting. All great; this gave the last scene all that more impact. I just really really really hope they follow on this cliffhanger: the last scene was the best I have watched on television before. The fact that Jack was weak and couldn't do anything really had an emotional impact on me.

All in all a fantastic finale, finishing off the best season of 24. Even better than S1.

Well...not much else to add after all that!

I loved all characters EXCEPT bloody double-crossing Miles and Kim Baur. She could have cut her dad some slack instead of acting all high and mighty. She really annoyed me.

Looking forward to the next season...

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to 24, a big winner at the Emmy Awards.

24 won for Most Outstanding Drama Series and Best Direction

Keifer Sutherland for Most Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series.

Very well deserved win.

Archived