Guest Dean

24 hurtles along

SEVEN is rushing the latest series of 24 to air as soon as the ratings year begins in a bid to keep the fast-paced show as close as possible to US episodes.

The sixth series begins in the US tonight, with D. B. Woodside joining the cast as President Wayne Palmer.

Palmer is 24's second African-American president, as the character is the younger brother of David Palmer, the show's former president, who was assassinated a few seasons back.

James Cromwell also joins the show, as Jack Bauer's dad.

Expect lots of double episodes again from Seven as it catches up with the US.

Source: News.com.au

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's excellent news! I knew it was going to be in the first half of the year, but I didn't expect it so soon and so close to the US broadcast.

24 - Tuesday Jan 30, 8.30pm (4 Hour premiere) continues Thursday Feb 1 8.30pm

Actually that might be wrong... I think it means a 4 hour premiere over 2 days. Confusing? Here's what I see listed:

Tuesday 30 Jan, 2007

8.30pm - 10.20pm

24 - THE NEW BEGINNING (SERIES RETURN) - 6:00 A.M. - 8:00 A.M. M

In the thrilling, two hour movie length season premiere, terror grips the nation as weeks of horrific terrorist attacks continue with two bombings in Los Angeles. With nearly 1,000 people dead and the publics fear mounting, the new President and CTU are forced to make some difficult decisions, including whether to sacrifice the life of Jack Bauer.

Thursday February 1st, 2007

8.30pm - 10.20pm

24 - THE NEW BEGINNING - 8:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M. M

With hundreds more dead from the most recent bombings, President Palmer feels he has no choice but to meet Fayeds demands. Jack has one hour to locate Fayed. However, they dont count on the terrorists having access to a Soviet-era nuclear suitcase bomb. Can CTU locate the bomb before its too late?

Archived