Made For Each Other

Guest xxtessaxx

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Begins to sob* Brilliant chapter!! I am SO happy that Jeremy will be locked up for good (or will he?) I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I really enjoy the emotion and descriptive words you use when writing your story, it's a great way to captivate the audience!

Looking forward to the next update!!!

xx

Thanks for all the comments!!!

Here's chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jack and Tasha sat down on some seats in the hospital. Nobody talked. Then Alf, Morag and Ric came running in.

“How is she?” Alf asked

“We don't know” Jack said

“They've taken her into that room over there. We're not allowed in though” Jack explained.

“They haven't told you anything else, how she's going?” Ric asked

Jack shook his head then bowed his head. Tasha patted his back.

They had been waiting for about 10 minutes.

“What's happening?” Jack asked not really looking for an answer

“She's been in there for ages.”

“Calm down Jack, it's not going to help getting so worked up about it” Tasha said

“I know, I'm sorry. I just want to know that she's okay.” he said

“Yeah... me too” she said

A few minutes later a doctor walked out of the room Martha had been taken into.

“Jack?” The doctor said

“Yes, is she okay?” he asked

Tasha, Ric, Alf and Morag followed Jack up to the doctor.

“Because Martha was left unattended and unconscious for a while...” he paused.

“She is in a coma.” he said

“So she's alive though?” Jack asked

“Yes she is, but before you go and see her we need you all to know that you can't get your hopes up, not everybody wakes up from these types of comas” The doctor explained

Jack's face dropped.

“So there's no chance of her waking up?” Ric asked

“There's a good chance she could wake up, but, there's also a chance that she wont.” the doctor said.

"Okay"Ric said

“Thanks” said Alf.

“Can we go see her now?”

“Yeah sure”

The five of them walked into the room. Martha lay there, she looked very pale and had a bandage over her head.

“Martha.” Jack whispered and walked over to hold her hand.

It was strange seeing her so quiet and still, except when she was sleeping. But this was different.

“We'll let you two have a moment together Jack” Tasha said as the others walked outside.

“Martha, I'm don't know if you're listening to me right now, but please do.” Jack said

“I feel like I haven't seen you as yourself for ages. But I guess that is kind of my fault. Please Martha...you can wake up from this. I know you can”

“...and I'm really sorry. For everything”

“I know you didn't cheat on me and I'm really sorry I believed Jeremy over you. That was so stupid of me, if i could go back to the past and change that one morning then you wouldn't be in this position. Trust me, I feel awful” Jack said

Martha lay there, very still. Too still Jack thought.

He walked out of the room.

“You can go in now”

“I might just go for a walk” he said

Jack waited for the others to walk back in then headed for the beach.

It looked so beautiful. He wanted Martha next to him so badly. Just to hold her hand and to know she was alright. He walked down to the shore and dig his feet into the sand. Then fell back on the soft sand. He might never be able to talk to Martha again. He needed her so much at the moment and regretted every single day in the past week, except for this morning.

Back at the hospital Ric was talking to the doctor.

“So has there ever been a time when somebody has waken up from this type of coma?”

“Yes, compared to other comas there's a good chance” the doctor said.

“Look Ric, I think Martha has a good chance of waking up. I just don't want you to get your hopes up because there are times when patients have had a good chance and they actually haven't woken up” He said

“You know what I'm saying?” he asked

“Yeah, I understand” Ric said

“Thanks, I'll just go and see her now.” Ric said and walked back off into the room.

They all stood around the bed hoping she would just wake up. Jack walked in.

“Nothing new?” he asked

They shook their heads. Jack placed a bunch of flowers and a beautiful photo frame with a picture of Jack and Martha in it. He knew she loved that photo.

The room was very dull Jack thought. How was she supposed to wake up when all that was around her was white? White bed, white furniture, white curtains. She needed some decorations. He would spice up the room tomorrow.

He looked at her, lying there. How could Jeremy do this to her? At least he was in jail now. He couldn't hurt her anymore.

Chapter 15

The next morning Jack brought in Martha's pillow, more flowers and some photo frames to make the room a bit more cheerful. And it worked. The flowers brought colour into the room and the photos made it more comfortable.

He grabbed a chair and sat down by the bed. It had only been about 10 hours since he last saw her, but he wasn't going to leave soon. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with her before... No, he wasn't going to think about that. By thinking that he would be jumping to conclusions and at the moment anything was possible. She hadn't been in the coma for very long so there's every chance that she could wake up from all this.

He sat next to her on the bed and looked at her. She was so peaceful.

Peter walked in.

“Hows she going Jack?” He asked

“I'm not sure. She hasn't shown any movement, but she also hasn't been in the coma for very long” Jack answered

“Yeah. When she wakes up, we'll have to talk to her about what happens” Peter said

“I'll see you in about half an hour, you're working then aren't you” Peter asked

“Yeah, see you then” Jack said

Peter walked out of the room.

“Well Martha, I've got to go home and get ready for work now.”

“I will see you later.”Jack said

He kissed her forehead and walked out of the room.

Chapter 16

It had been 4 days now and Jack was getting worried. He sat by Martha wondering if this was one of the last times he would get to see her. He imagined getting married and having kids with her, but now that might not be possible.

A tear rolled down his face.

“Wake up Martha” he said as he layed his head on her stomach.

He lay there for about half an hour before he felt a jolt. He jumped up. Martha's hand was moving slightly.

Jack ran out to get a nurse.

“She's waking up!” he said

“Let's see” the nurse said and followed Jack into the room.

Martha lay there with her eyes half open.

“Martha.” Jack said and sat by the bed.

She smiled.

He sat there as the nurse checked if Martha was okay.

“Everything seems fine. I'll leave you two alone.” she said

“Thankyou” Jack said to her as she walked out of the room.

Archived