Trapped

Guest -Jade-

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that was two updates for me to read, thanks :D

That last chaptaer was brilliant, i loved it! Why can't Jack go and speak to Alex and call it quits between them coz of his feelings for Martha? Everyone knows how they both feel, its so obvious. I'm sure Alex realises too! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, been busy with all sorts of stuff - birthday, birthday parties, work :( I have my exams very soon so I'm afraid the updates are going to be very infrequent, but here's two chapters for you all to say thanks for sticking with this, and sorry for the delay.

All your comments are really appreciated. Hope you like. :)

And you might wanna read the last chapter to refresh your minds. :P xxxx

Chapter 30

Martha stirred hours later, and awoke to a ray of sunshine forcing itself through the gap in the curtain. The hazy beam of light, warmed her skin and she felt considerably more relaxed than she had previously.

Slowly she sat up in bed sleepily and looked around, taking in the room and the photos on the side tables. She raised her hand to her head briefly as she felt a pounding sensation coming on. A headache was just what she needed, thought Martha grimly, as she reached over to the bed side table drawer to see if she find some aspirin.

As her fingers gently grasped the wooden handle, the door opened to reveal no aspirin at all. But Martha has forgotten all about the aspirin the moment she had seen the photo. It was a photo of her, on the beach. In Jack’s drawer.

A smile appeared discretely on her lips. And slowly she let herself believe, that maybe he did have feeling for her, like she did for him.

Although, Martha was distinctly aware that the feelings she was having were on unauthorised ground, she couldn’t deny it any longer. She knew that Jack had a fiancée; she knew that she couldn’t burden him with her life and all the problems that came along with it. But she also knew that she couldn’t pretend any longer.

She didn’t think she’d felt anything like this before.

Sure, she had dated people before Chris, and she’d definitely felt something for them, but this time it was different. Maybe it was the fact that he made her feel so safe, that he was her best friend more than anything else.

Hell, she didn’t know what it was. But she did know that it felt alien to her. She didn’t know what to do about it.

Giving up trying to sort out anything in her head, she slipped off the bed and walked out of the room, towards the bathroom. The house was quiet, but it was a comforting silence. The room looked peaceful and serene, with everything in it’s place and stray sun beams finding their way through the doors and windows.

Martha tore herself away from the scene and got into the shower, feeling a hundred times better for the wash. And it was in that moment, that she suddenly knew that she was going to stop giving in, or running away from the mess that she was in. She was going to fight it, because that was the only way she was going to be free.

Chapter 31

Walking out the shower with nothing but a towel wrapped around her small frame, Martha suddenly came face to face with Jack, who was putting shopping bags on the counter. Turning around, Jack couldn’t help but think thoughts that he really shouldn't have been thinking. He tried to push them out but he couldn't.

'Well it's not my fault that she looks damn sexy when she's just come out of the shower.' He thought to himself wryly.

Martha laughed as she saw the thoughts passing through his mind, being echoed on his face. She just couldn;t be happier that the bruises on her body were largely covered by the flannel cloth of the towel.

"Like what you see?"she teased. Jack just smiled and refused to say anything.

"I'll take that as a yes then."Martha replied cheekily, before turning around to walk back into the bedroom.

"Just go put on some clothes before I loose all self control." Jack flirted subconsciously.

Martha smiled to herself as she closed the door. Maybe he did feel the same way then. Maybe they were both too afraid to admit it.

-

Ten minutes later, she re-appeared and Jack was cooking lunch. He looked up.

"Hungry?" he asked. Martha nodded vigorously. She couldn't remember the last thing she'd eaten because it had been that long ago. All she remembered was the coffee she'd had in the café the evening before. Now she was starving.

"I'll set the table."She said cheerfully as she approached the cooking area. She walked over to the cupboard and stood on tiptoes to reach the plates on the top shelf. As her hands grasped them, she pulled them out, closed the door and turned around quickly. Too quickly, it turned out, as she bumped straight into Jack and fell towards him.

Swiftly he caught her and supported her as she stood up straight. Martha's cheeks were tinted red with embarrassment.

"Sorry." She muttered looking at him longingly. They were in such close proximity that she felt powerless to really do anything.

-

Jack looked into her blue eyes and wondered if he could really deny what his heart was trying to tell him. He knew he had Alex, but she didn't drive him crazy like Martha did. He wished he could control who he fell for but he couldn't.

He had thought that Alex was the one. Martha hadn't been around for a while, he hadn't been talking to her, and he and Alex had been getting on better than ever. Everything seemed right. At the time.

But now he realised that what he felt for Alec didn't even compare. He wanted it to, but it didn't. Maybe it was time to wake up to that.

-

As Jack kept looking at her with his intense gaze, Martha wondered whether he wanted what she wanted. She didn't or felt she couldn't make the same mistake she'd made a couple of days ago by kissing him, again; even though she really wanted to.

But before Martha could make a decision, Jack's lips were on hers, gentle and soft, fuelled with all the love he'd been trying so hard to deny. Slowly his hands made their way around her waist and she reacted by putting her arms around his neck.

They both knew it was wrong, but all they could think about was how right it all felt.

Archived