Trapped

Guest -Jade-

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news guys - Nicole's up to date with this fic! :D

After much pestering from Jade, I did it. I finally read it all. And I have one thing to say...

HA HA!! IN YOUR FACE ALEX! *wiggles butt*

:P

Oh, and does anyone remember "You've been Crissed?" The Kiss/Chris thing? I read it as I was going through the pages... made me laugh. :P

Anyway, now Nicole's on board, she will be pestering for an update all the time. :)

Yes the next chaptyer is here. Sorry for the delay, it's been busy with exams and all that up soon. So that will obviously be meaning less updates but still here;'s the next one since I had a bit of spare time. . Enjoy :)

Chapter 34

“What..?” Alex asked in shock, hurt spreading through her features. She was trying to speak but she had lost that ability the minute the words had come from his mouth.

“I’m sorry.” Jack said sympathetically, as he reached over and took her hand in his.

“No you’re not.” Alex suddenly replied. Anger started to enter into the emotional side of things, as she snatched her hand out of his grasp. Jack looked at her, pain flashing through his eyes – the last thing he had wanted to do was hurt her... Not that he hadn’t expected this to hurt, but now it was affecting him more than he thought it would.

But this was the only way. If he could have somehow found another way, a painless way, he would have, but he couldn’t go back and change things. He’d been an idiot – thinking that he could get over Martha when he had realised that she was his soul mate the day that he had met her.

Alex looked down at her feet, as the tears started to fall.

“Why did you propose? Why did you do it? When you knew you were going to call it off...” Her voice faded away into the air. Jack couldn’t stand this. It was hurting him to see her like this. Because it wasn’t that he didn’t love her. He did. He just wasn’t in love with her and that made all the difference. They still had a bond though, which meant that her pain instantly initiated his own.

Alex was still looking down at the floor, her body shaking slightly as she sobbed. But slowly she forced herself to look back up at him.

“You meant that this is the end didn’t you? You didn’t just mean the engagement was off – I’m right aren’t I? Because I think I know you maybe a bit too well. You’re in love with Martha.” Silence echoed off the quiet walls as she looked at him, her eyes expecting his answer and yet obviously wanting so badly to be wrong.

As the motionless atmosphere continued she turned her head away from him as more trapped tears were released to stain her cheeks. All Jack could do was reach out for her. He tried to gather her up into his arms but she pushed him away. Standing up she stood in front of him, her face twisted with emotion.

“You’re a coward.” She said bitterly, before pausing. But even that brief pause, that moment that Alex gave herself to think, didn’t dilute the words that came out.

“I gave you so many chances to tell me the truth and you never did. You decided it’d be more fun to mess with my heart didn’t you?” By then Jack himself felt tears coming on.

“No it wasn’t like that-“ he tried to say before Alex interrupted.

“Of course it wasn’t.” She cried sarcastically, raising her hands in the air in exasperation. “No, you only went and took advantage of me, was it to make you feel better?” she taunted him spitefully.

“Alex, I’m so so sorry. I hate seeing you hurt like this.”

Alex looked incredulously at him, the tears still falling – refusing to stop.

“No you see, that’s where you’re lying. Because if you hated to see me hurting like this, then you wouldn’t have done this to me.” She cried tearfully. And with that she broke down completely, lowering to the floor on her knees. Jack immediately pushed himself off the couch and sat beside her, wrapping his arms around her small frame.

“I’m so so sorry.” He said softly, “The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you, you have to believe that.”

Alex just nodded slightly as she held on to him for the next few minutes, because the tears just wouldn’t stop coming.

-

“Alex, please tell me we can stay friends. Don’t leave on bad terms please.” Jack pleaded as Alex dragged her suitcases out of the house. Turning around she looked at him.

“I think you kinda lost the right to any sort of claim like that Jack, don’t you?” She asked rhetorically, turning back around to the task of getting her bags out of the door. She wanted to get out quickly, waiting around hurt – it brought back memories of the last few months. Twenty four hours earlier her life couldn’t have been anymore perfect. Now? She didn’t quite know how she was feeling. Numb, she guessed, as she finally managed to get all her things onto the porch. Looking out down the steps and the lawn she saw the car waiting for her. The one she had called earlier to take her away from the mess, from Jack.

Turning around she saw Jack leaning sadly against the door frame. She knew that in the end he had just been confused and that he did care about her. But that didn’t mean that she wasn’t hurting right now. And it also didn’t mean that none of this had been his fault, because it had. He should never have got involved with her if he had had any doubts whatsoever. And it was painful to know that she had just been a temporary replacement.

All Alex knew was that no matter what extent she understood his actions, she couldn’t accept what happened; and that ruled out being friends with Jack – at least for now. Glancing back one last time, she bent down to pick up her suitcases and advanced towards the car, where the driver loaded it all into the back.

Quickly running back up to the house she went to grab her handbag – the last item belonging to her, but as she reached out her hand and wrapped her fingers around the handle to lift it, she was stopped by Jack’s hand grasping her wrist.

He didn’t know what to say – he wanted to express who much he regretted going about things in the way he had; he wanted to apologise a million times; beg her to leave their friendship in tact. But in the end the right words just wouldn’t come out. So he settled for the only thing that he really could say.

“I’m so sorry.” He whispered softly, looking into her eyes to try and convey his sincerity. She looked back, her emotions held back, so that all he could see were her eyes, clouded and uncommunicative.

“So you keep saying.” She said, her tone final, as if that were the end of all ties between them. Jack stood sadly on the porch as she walked down the path to the car, wondering whether she’d ever become a part of his life again, whether he’d ever see her again.

-

For the rest of the day, all Jack could do was mope about. For some reason the whole situation had hurt a lot more than he had thought it would. Maybe it was because Alex had been his best friend, she’d helped him through so much and she had supported him. Now that that support was gone, Jack didn’t really know what to with himself.

As he lay sprawled on the couch, the door bell rang. Groaning he pushed himself up and off of the lounge and walked dejectedly towards the door. But as he opened it his mood lifted slightly as he saw Martha’s worried face.

Stepping in he kissed her on the cheek.

“How did it go? How did she take it?” asked Martha, wanting to know how much she had smashed Alex’s world apart. Jack tilted his head back slightly and sighed.

“Well, you could say well considering what happened, but that didn’t help me feel any better about it...” he said as he looked at the ground. Martha looked at him sympathetically, between the quick changes and spinning emotions she hadn’t realised until now how much Alex leaving was going to affect him.

“I’m sorry.” She replied, putting her hand gently on his shoulder. Looking up at her he smiled and moved towards her, his hand slipping around her waist and pulling her in towards him.

“But at least I can kiss you whenever I want.” He added cheekily, as he leaned down to capture her lips. But her finger stopped him and she leant back a bit.

“Is that so?” She challenged him looking up into his eyes,

Jack laughed.

“Yes.” He answered decisively. “You want to argue with that?” He asked, stepping away from her. Martha eyes twinkled.

“No… I never said I disagreed with you.” She answered innocently before approaching and leaning up to him, as their lips met for the second time that day. Jack’s arms were placed lightly on her hips and her arms were wrapped around him, and they both felt like there was nowhere else is the world that they’d rather be. Even now, with all the chaos surrounding them, it still felt like heaven.

Ok this may sound mean

Waheyyy shes gone

Although I do feel sorry for her :(

Yay Jack and Martha!!!!!!!!

Waheyy you updated lol

That was fabby!!!

Update soon!!

P.S. you can talk to me on msn now im finished

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like Alex, you're so mean Jade. Just imagine how heartbroken she must feel. It brings a little tear to my little eye.

Update soon (No idea why I even bother saying that... It wont happen :P )

Maybe you should prove me wrong and really update soon? ;)

Have been lurking in this fic thread of ages. :ph34r:

But never borthered to comment. Just goes to show how nice I am :P

Anyhow. I dont like Alex...I dont know why but I dont :wacko:

“I’m sorry.” She replied, putting her hand gently on his shoulder. Looking up at her he smiled and moved towards her, his hand slipping around her waist and pulling her in towards him.

“But at least I can kiss you whenever I want.” He added cheekily, as he leaned down to capture her lips. But her finger stopped him and she leant back a bit.

“Is that so?” She challenged him looking up into his eyes,

Jack laughed.

“Yes.” He answered decisively. “You want to argue with that?” He asked, stepping away from her. Martha eyes twinkled.

“No… I never said I disagreed with you.” She answered innocently before approaching and leaning up to him, as their lips met for the second time that day. Jack’s arms were placed lightly on her hips and her arms were wrapped around him, and they both felt like there was nowhere else is the world that they’d rather be. Even now, with all the chaos surrounding them, it still felt like heaven.

Why cant this actually happen on the show? Goddamn script writers. :angry2:

Anyhow, update soonish :D

Archived