Trapped

Guest -Jade-

Aww, poor Alex. And she came in excitedly too :(

I wanna know what her reaction will be. Ok, so she may not jump to conclusions straightaway, I mean, she's only seen them hugging, right? But, I'd love her to get really annoyed...prefably hurling some sharp objects in Jack's direction :)

Great stuff Jade; bring on the violence :lol: Please, please update soon!

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay they didn't pull away!!!! That has made me so happy :wub:

Alex coming in at that moment was just timing...bad timing! Well at least it wasn't in the middle of their lovey snog fest...now that would definitely have been bad timing.

Bring on the smashed china :D

Next chapter is up. No you're eyes are not deceiving you. :P

Sorry it's short! Loving all your comments - they are really appreciated! :D

Chapter 33

At first Alex’s face registered shock, and to some extent, confusion; but she quickly recomposed herself, a big grin appearing on her face.

“Have you guys finally made up?” she asked brightly, looking expectantly at them, waiting for one of them to speak.

Slowly Martha nodded, as she tried to put on a smile to hide the guilt that was suddenly attacking her thoughts. Alex beamed again before speaking.

“Listen Martha as much as I love the fact you guys have made up...” She said genuinely. “Do you mind if I get to hug him?” she said cheekily.

Martha laughed and stepped away from Jack.

“Not at all. He’s all yours.” She said painfully, trying to uphold her smile. Turning to Jack, she looked at him, her eyes pleading with him to tell Alex the truth straight away. Then she spoke.

“I’ll leave you guys to it.” She said as she started to walk towards the door. However, she stopped short, remembering a little detail that might have slipped her mind when she had been kissing Jack.

“Congratulations on your engagement.” She said, before promptly leaving. Running down the steps to the house, she stopped and took a deep breath. That had been way harder than she had imagined. She knew that she’d feel guilt, that was only natural, but Alex was so nice, so kind. She really didn’t want to break her heart.

But if that had been hard for Martha, it had been ten times harder for Jack – because he really cared for Alex, he didn’t want to hurt her, he didn’t want to be the cause of any pain. But unfortunately the truth was going to have to come out, and he knew that if he did nothing else, he owed it to her to tell her himself.

-

Martha had left so Alex approached Jack, wrapping her arms around his neck just like Martha had previously been doing half and hour before.

“Hey you.” She said, their foreheads touching. “Missed me?” she asked happily.

Jack smiled uncomfortably and took her arms from around his neck, putting them to her sides.

“I have something to tell you.” He said solemnly, knowing that he had to tell her this, now.

“Ok.” Alex replied, sitting down on the couch, hoping that the news wasn’t going to be too bad.

“I want to be honest with you, and I hope you won’t hate me for it.”

Alex looked at him, sudden worry flashing through her eyes. This didn’t sound good.

“I want to break the engagement off.” He said quickly, feeling his heart break as he said it.

Well...... atleast he told her!

Poor Alex though :( Shes going to be devastated.

Unless of course Jack does the idiot thing and just tells her he wants the engagment off and she takes it the wrong way thinkng he still wants to be with her, so he still goes on seeing her. I wont be best pleased if that happens. <_<

Dont really no why im saying this but ..... update soon! :P

Great update!

Just what i wanted to read, although he should have mentioned the part about Martha being more than just friends with him so that Alex doesn't get any other ideas. But hey at least he's told her right?

Hope Alex doesn't become all stalker girl on him :unsure:

Archived