Trapped

Guest -Jade-

You updated!! It was short but you updated!!! Thatb was great loved it how you described Martha's feelings...Its Jack to the rescue :) Update soon..xx

Yea, sorry about the shortness. :P I literally just had to grab a spare few minutes to write it. lol I'm just so stressed right now. :)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I dont care that it was short because it was great and ano im saying it again I loved this part

Relief flooded her body and, too tired to fight, she surrendered into his arms, pressing her head into his chest as his shirt soaked up her ever flowing tears.

Hehehe

Update soon hunni

Sat or sun were due an update every 2-3 days!!

:o .... so beautiful.

The last few paragraphs were amazing Jade :)

Worth the wait.

Aww your stressed out :( for your sanity, don't feel you have to update, because there are mroe important things. Is it your exams? if it is, good luck :)

:o .... so beautiful.

The last few paragraphs were amazing Jade

Worth the wait.

Aww your stressed out :( for your sanity, don't feel you have to update, because there are mroe important things. Is it your exams? if it is, good luck

yea... it's those stupid exams. :angry: Does anyone else find them pointless? lol :P

Thanks Sian, that's much appreciated. :)

Awww poor Martha! Glad she has Jacks safe arms to fall into but theres still the problem of Alex and then words cant even describe my hate for Chris! Grrr! lol Hope Alf pulls through aswell as i feel if Martha was to lose him it could push her over the edge! Great chapter Jade even if it was short and update when you can! Good luck with the exams and everything! :)

Well, I know that this weekend is gonna be super stressful and busy for me, so I thought I'd be good, and update today, since I don't think I'll be able to write anything on Saturday or Sunday. Sorry about the bad updating, but at least I am updating. :P We all know my track record... I'm determined to keep the fic going now. :) lol Hope you all like it - thank you for all the comments. :)

Chapter 29

Jack handed her the mug of coffee, as she sat, curled up on his sofa. Although she accepted it, her eyes remained fixed on an invisible spot, far in the distance.

As Jack looked at her, it was heart wrenching. He could see that her eyes had glazed over, her face was motionless, her emotions cut off. And he desperately wanted to reach her, wherever she was, and pull her back out.

He wanted to see a happy Martha for a change. Not the one who he had only seen cry in hurt, torment and guilt.

Slowly he sat down next to her, as she still looked further on.

“Do you want to talk?” he asked her softly, trying to gently coerce her out of her state. And it seemed that his voice did retrieve her from somewhere, because she turned her head slightly and looked at him. But her eyes, previously a sparkling shade of blue, were now dull and lifeless.

And Jack didn’t think he could take it anymore, he just wanted to hold her, protect her, take care of her. He wanted her to live again, not exist as someone who was so unhappy, who seemed to suffer so much self hatred.

But she only slowly shook her head, and then closed her eyes, trying to stop the tears that threatened to spill.

She just wanted to close herself off from everything: the pain, the world, the people she cared about most. But again, she was brought out of it by Jack.

“I really think you need to talk.” He tried again.

“Jack…” Martha sighed as she spoke his name. She was too tired to argue, she couldn’t keep doing this. “I’m tired, just let me sit and think.”

“But Martha, you need to talk about this. Work out what you’re going to do, now that we know Chris is dangerous.” He persisted, unable to let it go. He just wanted to help her.

Martha turned to stare him straight in the eye, a look of anger beginning to cloud them.

“He’s always been dangerous, Jack.” She said through gritted teeth. “Why else do you think I left? He’s got me trapped Jack, and there’s nothing I can do about it, so I really think the best thing is for me to just go back to him and do what he says, otherwise he’ll just cause more pain. Why make so many people’s lives miserable when it can just be one?”

Jack looked at her in disbelief, slightly irritated at her theory.

“Right.” He said, almost as if he was thinking. “So you think, that if he’s hitting you, cheating on you, hurting you, that’s not going to hurt others? You don’t think that we aren’t going to feel pain too? Every time you get hurt it kills me. If Alf wakes up, he’s going to remember Chris, and then he’ll have to find out the truth. So you think that it won’t hurt him too? And then there’s your baby, Martha. Remember that? It’s not just you anymore; you have a responsibility for it too. So don’t talk rubbish about going back to him. I won’t let you.” He finished quietly.

The room lay in silence as Jack’s words were absorbed. And throughout the whole thing, Martha’s anger levels were rising.

“Oh I’m sorry Jack,” she said sarcastically, “I’m sorry I’m handling this all wrong for you. But funny enough, they don’t teach you how to deal with these situations in life. Stop lecturing me, stop disapproving of all my choices, stop stressing me out even more, ok?” Martha finished by shouting spitefully.

The words were like sharp stabs at Jack's heart.

He just looked at her, and his gaze revealed his hurt at her words.

“Well I’m sorry for trying to help you.” He said quietly as he slowly got up from the couch. Looking down at her, he felt like he kept hitting a brick wall.

Deciding to give her some space he proceeded to walk towards his bedroom, when he was stopped by Martha’s sobs.

Turning around he watched as she broke down, unable to do anything more.

“I don’t know what to do.” She cried through her tears.

Jack went immediately to her side. Sitting down next to her, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her into his arms as she clutched to him desperately.

And Martha didn’t think she’d ever felt as sad, or as safe as she did at that point. Jack’s arms supported her. She didn’t feel the need to be strong; she could just become the vulnerable person she felt inside.

For once she didn’t have to put on a front. For once there was someone to comfort her.

Eventually Martha fell asleep in Jack’s arms, and thinking that the sleep could only be good for her, he carried her gently to his room and lay her down on the bed.

And as he looked at her, he couldn’t help but still think that she was beautiful.

Archived