Trapped

Guest -Jade-

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally the new chapter has arrived, can't apologise enough for the lateness I've been so stressed with work right now. Hope you all enjoy, thanks to every single person who's commented, you have no idea how encouraging it is. Want to just add that this chapter is dedicated to both Becky (because you push me and it really does work at getting me to update :P) and Nicole because that chapter inspired me. :wink:

Chapter 28

The persistent beeping of the machine echoed softly through the silent room. And Martha sat by her grandfather's side and looked at him through pained eyes.

Her hand lay grasping his against the cold white sheets, and her tears were the only things moving in the room.

Looking at him, lying there, Martha felt like she'd never had to deal with so much pain. Through her blurred vision she just stared at him, took in all the details of his face, upset that she couldn't just see his kind eyes once more.

She couldn’t bear the waiting. That's what made it all the worse. She didn't know what she was waiting for - for her grandfather to die or to awake? The pain was prolonged somehow this way. Although there was still hope, she was hurting so much she didn't think she could take any more.

A further five minutes elapsed before steps resonated as they entered the room. Turning around she looked up to see Chris. He was smirking.

"Like my handy work?" he asked. His voice may have sounded innocent, but his face belied his true cruelty. Martha's breath caught swiftly in her throat. She wanted to say something, do something, but she couldn't.

She felt paralysed to the chair, she felt nauseous and it took her a little while to recompose.

Slowly she stood up and looked directly into his eyes, in total disbelief.

"You? You did this?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Chris approached her, and Martha immediately stepped back without thought. Then she hit the wall, with no where else to go, to run.

Chris stepped up to her and pushed his body against her own vulnerable frame.

"It's called leverage, darling."He uttered in a soft, sickly sweet tone. And Martha could take no more; she couldn't take his hot breath on her cheek or the torment of her guilt.

Almost subconsciously, her hands pushed outwards, knocking Chris backward a few steps.

"GET OUT!"she shouted, and with it came her hysterical emotions. As Chris tried to close his hand over her mouth to deafen her cries she thrashed about and screamed, as the tears all fell.

Suddenly she felt strong arms grab her away from the situation. Turning around she saw Jack. Relief flooded her body and, too tired to fight, she surrendered into his arms, pressing her head into his chest as his shirt soaked up her ever flowing tears.

How could she even begin to describe the guilt that was spreading throughout her core? It was like she had been smacked in the face. Her grandfather. His coma. It was her fault. It was all her fault, and she didn't think she'd ever be able to forgive herself if he didn't make it through this.

Yay! You updated!

But now im sad :(

Poor Alf, Poor Martha! Poor Jack cause i can sense hes gunna get hurt again! Poor everybody!

Except Chris! I hate Chris! *Evil Eyes* :angry:

Great chapter, atleast Marthas back now, Jack and Martha can protect and look after eachother. Awww *dreams of JnM*

Update soon! :)

Wahey

You updated

Thanks for the dedi!! :)

You do realise that everytime your on msn I will push you to update :P:P

That was soo sad poor Martha and Alf

I hate chris he's soo evil not thats not even a strong enough word for him! :P

"Relief flooded her body and, too tired to fight, she surrendered into his arms, pressing her head into his chest as his shirt soaked up her ever flowing tears".

I loved that part it was soo Cute but omg I hate Chris soo much

Whats happended to Alex has she realised nobody wants her in this fic and shes left :P

Wishful thinking hey!

Update soon hunni

xxxxxxx

Archived