Harry's Revenge

Guest Jamey-Maria

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry this chapter is a bit short. I probably should have added it on the last one but you know how i loooove to keep you in suspence, lol. Anyway please read and review, i hope you are enjoying it!

Chapter fourteen[u/]

They both stood in the dead silenece of night. Thier eyes were both locked on the person they had found themselves in love with. Passion blazing in both pairs of eyes, refusing to break the gaze. Martha noticed the tears on Jack's cheek and it broke her heart. Jack realised what he was doing and looked away.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her blatantly.

"I wanted to see how you were," She responded quietly, clearly hurt by his question.

"I'm fine...you shouldn't be here!"

"Your not fine, you shouldn't be alone."

"It's none of your business."

"Jack..."

"NO! I don't want to talk about it." Martha sighed. She obviously wan't going to get through to him like this. She understood what he was doing perfectly, shutting her out. She had a done it herself a great number of times and pressuring him was only going to make him angrier. Martha took a step closer to him so she was standing by his side. She folded her arms and looked out towards the sea as he did. The water was pristine and still, the moonlight bounced off the water and reflected onto Martha's face. She looked stuning, something that Jack hadn't failed to notice when he glanced up to see what she was doing.

"Don't talk then," She started in a thoughtful tone. "Just listen." Jack continued to stare out at the sea, wondering what Martha was about to say. Although he had tried to make her leave he was glad she was there, it gave him great comfort to know that she was near.

"When I..." She trailed off, but took a deep breathe and started up again. "When I lost my mum, I didn't won't to talk to anyone, I just shut everyone out. It hurt so much and i just thought that talking about it would make it all that much more painful. Everyone just wanted to help and it took me a long time to realise that." There was a long silence as Jack was trying to process what she was saying.

"What i'm saying Jack is that you don't have to go through this alone. There are so many people that love and care about you and they just want to help." As she said this she turned her head towards him and took his hand in her own. Their palms touched and their fingers became entwined, folding into one another like the last pieces of a puzzle, finally fitting perfectly into place.

"I just..." Jack started but stopped and as two fresh tears trickled down the side of his face. With her spare hand Martha wiped them and kept her hand there, moving it until it was cupped around his cheek. She pulled herself closer to him, but he pulled away abrubtly, not knowing how to react. She didn't let him. She pulled him in again and hugged him. Jack gave in and returned the embrace. There arms were wrapped tightly around each other as they found warmth from the night's coled air in each other's arms. All the problems of the previous weeks just faded away. The break up, the arguing, Corey, the kiss, none of it mattered. All that was important was that they were there together and that Martha wanted to help Jack. He needed her more than his male pride was willing to admit. They stood there hugging, arms lost in each other's body as the embrace grew tighter and warmer with each second that passed.

They stayed like that for what seemed like ages and as time passed they became more and more reluctant to part. When they both finally broke away realising that they would freeze if they stayed there, their cheeks brushed reigniting the feelings that they shared. After a few minutes Martha suggested that they go to the hospital. Jack's eyes wondered back to sea with a look of dread, but he agreed after she had pondered out loud;

"Wouldn't it be better to know what we are dealing with before we get ahead of ourselves?" Those words gave Jack strength. WE, she said what WE are dealing with, Jack told himself. He noded his head slightly and they turned to walk where Martha had parked her car, all the way there their hands not leaving the other's once.

Archived