Harry's Revenge

Guest Jamey-Maria

O.k here's the next chapter. I have to admit i felt quite scared reading some of those reviews lol, I had no idea you felt so strongly :P Anyway, enjoy!!!

Chapter Thirteen

The room was silent in the wait for Flynn to continue.

"He had a pretty big hemerage when you brought him in, but we have managed to get it under control now."

"So that means he's going to be o.k then?" Jack blurted out without thinking, he was extremely anxious and undecided whether he wanted Flynn to answer. However he had already asked the question and there was no going back now.

"It's not as simple as that, the problem is very complex," Flynn went on.

"Then dumb it down for me!" Jack yelled. He was on edge enough as it was and Flynn's draging this out was not helping. Infact he was making him furious. Beth let go of Lucas and stood up to hug Jack but he moved away.

"Can you please just tell us Flynn?" Lucas begged. It was hard enough having to deal with the current situation as it was, but seeing the only family he had left in such heartwrenching pain was making it unbearable.

"There is a lot of swelling in his frontal lobe and we won't know to what extent unless he wakes up."

"What do you mean UNLESS? You mean when. WHEN he wakes up." Jack screamed.

"We're not sure he will, it's a case of just wait and see. Even if he does wake up there could be quite a bit of damage to the part of the brain resposible for his balance and coordination."

"You mean brain damage?" Lucas asked bluntly. He quickly turned his head as he watched Flynn slowly nod.

"He will hang in there, he will be o.k," Beth said trying to sound convincing.

"How? How is it going to be o.k Beth? My father is lying in there and i'm being told that he might not wake up. Or that if he wakes up he may have some sort of brain damage. So please tell me just how exactly it's going to be O.K". While saying this Jack was looking Beth straight in the eye. He didn't once shift his focus. Beth eyes began to brim tears as she looked at Jack. She wasn't upset that he was yelling. She was heart broken watching him go through this. She knew that everything he was saying was true and she could feel her heart sink. Jack had already lost one parent and now he was going through it all over again, in the same circumstances. Only this time he was a lot older and would have to comprehend and deal with all of the extra pain that came with age. Beth also felt her own feelings coming through. She know knew what that feeling was she had experienced every time she was around Tony. She was in love with him and it took this to make her realise it. She pushed all of those thoughts out of her mind. For now she was focused on his sons. They needed her and she was going to do anything she could to help, she promised herself that. She realised that she had been staring blankly at Jack for the past thirty seconds with tears running down her face. He ran out of the hospital. Ran for his life. Ran for his sanity. Beth was about to go after him when she realised that Lucas was with her. She couldn't leave him, not now. She pulled out her phone and dialled Alf's number.

"Why is she like this?" Morag quietly questioned Alf, after she had witnessed another one of Martha's little outbursts. The cuttlery draw had gotten stuck and Martha had pulled with all her might, occasionally letting herslf curse the draw and when it finally came out she slammed it shut so hard the whole kitchen eccohed it's thunderous roar.

"I don't know? But if she keeps this up we are going to end up with a lot of broken furniture." Alf replied. "I tried to get her open up before but she told me that she was fine, and when i pushed it she told me to mind my own business. Too damn stuborn for for her own good that girl is!"

"Wonder where she gets that trait from?" Morag lightly chuckled, smiling at her brother with her usual sly smile.

"Ha, yes well she certainly didn't fall short in inheriting that stuart quality." They were interupted from their conversation when the phone rang.

"Just a sec," He said to Morag going to answer it. Martha came out of the kitchen as he did.

"Hello," Alf answered in a cheerful voice.

"Hi Alf, it's Beth."

"Oh hi love, what can I do for you?"

"There's been an accident," She said rather quickly. Beth felt a sense of de javu come over her as she recalled the conversation she had with Tony earlier about Jack.

"What accident, who was it?"

"It was Tony, but I don't have time to explain. I need you to help me find Jack. He ran out of the hospital and I can't leave Luke. Please Alf, I don't think he should be alone right now!"

"Of course Beth," He said while grabbing his keys.

"Thanks, well i think you should try thier house first."

"O.k, I'm heading there now, i'll call you when i get there."

"O.k bye, thanks again Alf." Alf put the phone down and was heading for the door when Morag stopped him.

"What was that about, what accident?" He filled her in and she told him that she was coming with him. They both opened the door and closed it behind them, racing out of the house. Martha was still standing in the living room with a stunned look on her face from everything she had just heard. It took a couple of minutes for the situation to properly sink in. When she finally realised the intensity of what had happened, it only took her a second to realise where Jack was. Following the same pattern as her grandfather she grabbed her keys and shut the door behind her, only she was going to place that Jack would actually be.

Martha pulled up her car and quickly hopped out. She shuddered as she felt the extreme change in temperature engulf her body in one swift movement. It was pitch black now and she could only barley make out her surroundings. The air was like ice and she was only wearing a singlet. She didn't care though, she bloked out all thoughts of the freezing temperature and walked to where she was headed. It took about ten minutes for Martha to reach her destination. And sure enough there was Jack. He looked as cold as she was and he was facing the same direction as her. He had his back to her so she couldn't see his face. She could only see the outline of his body and the imprint it left against the dark sky, but that's all she needed to see. She could feel it was him. As hard as it was for her to understand or explain, she knew when he was near her because she felt the warmth that filled in her heart and the void that it left when he wasn't. He was very close to the edge and still hadn't noticed her standing behind him. She walked closer to him, forgetting her fear of heights and gently placing a hand on his shoulder. Jack felt the hand and slighlty tured his head.

"Martha?" he whispered quietly.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:o And yet again you leave it on a cliff hanger! What is wrong with you woman?! I can't wait that long for the next chapter! However, on the plus side that was extremely well written, this is one of my favourite fics on this board! :D Please please please please please update soon!!!

That was an excellent chapter! I could really feel the hurt that Jack was feeling for his dad and awww Martha knew exactly where he would be. Thank you so much for a really sweet ending to that chapter, i hope Martha can comfort Jack and they can sort out their misunderstandings!

That was great! Aww poor Jack, and Beth! And Lucas! Lol.

And then Martha, that was very nice of her. She still wanted to make sure he was okay. Bless.

Great chapter! Hurry up with the next! :D

awwww so sad, but martha was there for Jack :-) yay

please update soon cause poor tony lying there half dead waiting for you to decide wheter he sould die - dont let him die cause then Jack will cry. :-(

Archived