Irene and Barry

Guest lou le belle

I just feel so sorry for Irene with love. First, Ken dies, then she meets Paris, and he leaves her twice, and then she finally settles with Barry, and this happens! I wonder if she'll ever find someone to stay with? I'd love to see Irene in a happy, permanent relationship.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just feel so sorry for Irene with love. First, Ken dies, then she meets Paris, and he leaves her twice, and then she finally settles with Barry, and this happens! I wonder if she'll ever find someone to stay with? I'd love to see Irene in a happy, permanent relationship.

There is an unwritten law which says she will not be happy!....:P

I hope that when the time comes that Irene eventually leaves they actually give her a happy exit...preferably with Barry...as from all of them he has been *the one* which was meant to be I think. That letter/note to Barry was so sad, and that was the point when I dissolved into a mushy mess.

There is totally that it is written..somewhere in black and white that Irene's not meant to be happy.

The only time I truly think she'd be happy if she left, and she went off with someone like "Pippa" did.

My choice of course would be with Barry some how...and there's a twist, so they could be together...here's to dreaming!

You would think that the world would turn on its axis if they actually gave Irene some happiness! I have loved Irene and Barry as a couple, that I feel almost as badly as they do that its over. I really do hope that if Lynne ever decides to leave, that Barry comes back for her, and that somehow they find their way back to each other.

I think I started crying before they even got to the emotional bits. I am the worlds biggest cry baby and an incurable romantic. I was so pleased that they showed just how much Barry loved Irene. It would have been awful if she had not read the letter, but I think we all knew that she would. Ivar Kant’s amazing voice was used to full effect. It really is the end of an era. I have loved these two, and I can’t begin to say how much I will miss them. I am sure Irene will continue to be as delightfully fun, warm, big hearted, caring, loud mouthed, and chaotic as she has always been, but somehow it won’t be quite the same without Barry. It will be hard not to think of Irene in the same bracket as Barry. They will always be inextricably linked in my mind.

I never thought they would give these two a happy ending, but have to admit I found it all rather sad and wished that they had. Star crossed lovers always go down well with viewers, even middle aged ones. They were great, they looked in love, they looked happy, they looked sad, they looked betrayed, they looked hurt, they looked heart broken. The look on Barry's face when he got Irene's note was absolutely perfect.

The last goodbye!

Barry indeed loved Irene, i'm pleased she read the letter.. i was dubious at first in case it caused her more pain without Barry explaining it well, but he did indeed do that.

Kim's i don't give a stuff attitude made her read it, it was lovely but so sad.

The scene's Irene walking along the beech and Barry's voice over was so nicely done and brought the tears.

The look on Barry's face when he recivied her note it was aknowledgement for him that she'd read it.

Irene i think admited to her self how much she loved him, and will miss him.

The last goodbye!

Barry indeed loved Irene, i'm pleased she read the letter.. i was dubious at first in case it caused her more pain without Barry explaining it well, but he did indeed do that.

The scene's Irene walking along the beech and Barry's voice over was so nicely done and brought the tears.

The look on Barry's face when he recivied her note it was aknowledgement for him that she'd read it.

Oh that was so sweet, the way you said it.

The last goodbye!

Yes, that was sweetly put. I will miss them as a couple. They had something solid and cuddly and loveable about them. No one else has or had that. I hope they can bring him back one day, I feel that they have left the door open, and hope that that is not just wishful thinking on my part. I thought the way they dealt with it was very touching and that Lynne and Ivar were excellent. I certainly shed more than a tear or two.

The last goodbye!

Yes, that was sweetly put. I will miss them as a couple. They had something solid and cuddly and loveable about them. No one else has or had that. I hope they can bring him back one day, I feel that they have left the door open, and hope that that is not just wishful thinking on my part. I thought the way they dealt with it was very touching and that Lynne and Ivar were excellent. I certainly shed more than a tear or two.

Thanks "Blushing"

Archived