Irene and Barry

Guest lou le belle

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked Barry even back when he was the demon headmaster! not just becuse of his relationship with Irene that just made me like him more,.

I always thought under that exterior there was a good man he was just mixed up man... that he'd been hurt or something hence the way he was....we all know why now.

Daniel goes to point out that the audience had a greater empathy and sympathy for Barry Hyde after it was revealed he killed his wife because his motivation was pure love for his son, Kim. His actions were extreme, but human. He was flawed, but his heart was in the right place, just like real life.

Daniel goes to point out that the audience had a greater empathy and sympathy for Barry Hyde after it was revealed he killed his wife because his motivation was pure love for his son, Kim. His actions were extreme, but human. He was flawed, but his heart was in the right place, just like real life.

If only Colleen can see that! She thinks the worst of everyone that makes a mistake in their lives!

If only Colleen can see that! She thinks the worst of everyone that makes a mistake in their lives!

Yes while I adore Colleen, she can be very judgemental. It's one of her biggest faults.

Irene’s reaction is totally in keeping with her character. She hurts like hell. Equally Barry is feeling guilty. He loves her with a passion, probably more than he ever thought possible. She feels the same, so the sense of betrayal she feels is magnified a hundredfold, thus she pushes him away. It is very obvious she does not hate him but she is trying to convince herself that she does in order to numb the pain she is feeling.

Anger is a normal grief reaction. A close friend of mine lost the love of her life when he died in a road accident and she told me once that for the first few weeks her foremost feeling was one of intense anger towards him for being so stupid and careless as to let this happen and for him to leave her. Irene is in her own way going through this. When they played that scene last week where Barry said he loved her she was holding everything in, you could feel, and see, her utter and total anguish. She was holding herself behind the door because she was trying to hold it all in.

When it finally does come out it is going to be very painful indeed. I really hope that she reads the letter. She will regret it if she does not. I also hope that she reads it so that we get to hear Ivar's beautiful voice one last time.

I have to say that I was devastated when I realised that there would be no more Irene and Barry, but this has been some of the best drama and best acting that I have seen on Home and Away for a long long time. I sincerely hope that one day they can bring him back, for Irene. Even my kids are sad, and they are not incurable romantics like I am.

I am going to watch Barry’s goodbye in a minute. I am sure I will cry.

I really hope that she reads the letter. She will regret it if she does not. I also hope that she reads it so that we get to hear Ivar's beautiful voice one last time.

You are so right about the voice...it gives you goose pimples. That was such a beautifully read letter.

I shed a tear when he read the note that she sent to him as well, I am so glad she relented and let him go with that note.

It was really incredibly sad, and I liked how they used the photograph. He really does love Irene, and we all love a good love story....it's such a shame it is over.

Archived