Irene and Barry

Guest lou le belle

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a very well written, and very weepy ending for these two. I must confess I was not surprised it was Hyde who killed Josh, nor that he left, but I was also disappointed as I think they did not utilise the potential that they had in Irene and Hyde. They had “it” whatever “it” is.

That ws a nice thing to do. I very much enjoyed the video too Ste.

One of the things which the video highlighted for me was just how good the acting was. We did not hear the words but, even allowing for the lovely song, the expressions and the body language communicated the feelings which the characters were experiencing so very well. (I have seen some clips put together by my youngest children of stories involving other characters, usually the ones they are madly in love with, and the lack of acting ability in one or two of them is very apparant.) The expressions on Barry's face were particularly poignant, Irene was visibly shaking when she broke down in tears, the look on her face and the way she held herself when she saw his jacket on the chair, and finally the look on Barry's face when he read her note were all nailed to perfection. No wonder we were all crying.

It is fortunate that Lynne is remaining and that we will get to see more from her. It is unfortunate and sad for us that Ivar is not there too. However, For those of us who have really understood and appreciated their story and their performances, I do wonder what, or who, is going to move and affect us in quite the same way the months to come. Indeed I wonder if anyone can or will. It will be a very hard act to follow.

The fact that Ste was not a real Barren fan made it all the more special as well!

I appeciated more the scene's because as Chatter Box said they really did put their all in to their last scene's together.

Because it was non spoken I could see how they faught and the real emotion when Barry got hold of Irene and she hit him consequently breaking down, that was so real, pure love and despair.

I loved also the black and white sequences,

The song was perfect for it and I felt it was the right one for them.. it captured each emotion and mood.

It showed what great actors they were together and also how much they were wasted!

The rest as to what Maggie says I couldn't put it better.

Archived