Girls Room

Guest -Emily-

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen as this is the girls room I thought I'd post this. I received it through email the other day, this was actually put on an Internet software website.

Dear Tech Support: Last year I upgraded from

Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in the

overall performance, particularly in the Flower and Jewellery

applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. In

addition, Husband 1.0 un-installed many other valuable programs, such

as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5 and then installed

undesirable programs such as Football 5.0, Rugby 4.3 and Cricket 3.0.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs; it simply crashes the system. I've

tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, to no avail. What can

I do? Signed, Desperate

> ---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Desperate: First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment

Package, while Husband 1.0 is an Operating System. Try entering the

command: C:/ITHOUGHTYOULOVEDME to download Tears 6.2, which should

automatically install Guilt 3.0. If that application works as

designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications

Jewellery 2.0 and Flowers 3.5. But remember, overuse of the above

application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0, or Beer 6.1.

WARNING: Beer 6.1 is a very nasty program that will create Snoring Loudly.

CAUTION: Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law. This is not a

supported application and will crash Husband 1.0. In summary, Husband

1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot perform applications quickly . You might consider buying additional

software to improve memory and performance. I personally recommend Hot

Food 3.0 and Lingerie 7.7. Good Luck, Tech Support

Hate to intrude in the 'girls' room (i'll take my heels off in a min, the skirt suits but the thongs waaaay too uncomfortable dunno how you lot cope :P)

Anyways whay really annoys me is the 'equal rights' things that so many women kick up a fuss over. Yes we could have our own thread but how many people will go 'How gay is that'? Another thing that really gets on my (was going to say tits there lol) is this 'Diamond' car insurance which is JUST for women. There MUST be something in the law about discrimination about that! Im not sexist or biased but there is a lot more sexism to equal rights than they make out!

(goes outside to peer in through the window again. :P )

The issue of women's only car insurance is actually being debated in the European Union at the moment. The EU courts want to impose a ruling whereby all insurance quotes must be equal, regardless of sex, age, health etc but this argument was rejected in the EU only last week as it undermines the whole principle of quoting insurance.

The new EU Directive provided that UK insurance firms can use sex as a basis for determining insurance if objective data can justify the difference. A spokesman for the commision said:

'If they don't come up with a satisfactory explanation to us and their customers, we'll come back with a tougher proposal,' adding that it was now up to the industry to explain why it thought sex was 'the determining factor'.

David Stevens, the underwriting manager at the Admiral Group, which owns Diamond, says.'It should be illegal to discriminate on the basis of sex, but it should be legal to price on a basis of objectively demonstrable risk difference. The fact that women motorists have different driving characteristics to men should be reflected in pricing.' Malcolm Tarling of the Association of British Insurers agrees, pointing out that the Directive 'would have penalised the people it was looking to protect'.

Statistical facts have proven that men are convicted of 92% of all driving offences and account for 98% of all dangerous driving convictions in the UK. Both genders typically have the same number of accidents but while women are prone to minor bumps around town and 'knocks when parking', men tend to run up bigger repair bills through more extensive damage. Women in their late teens and 20s enjoy the largest discounts in comparison to men. Young men tended to drive faster and commit more traffic offences than women. They are also more likely to drink or take drugs before driving and to drive for long periods without a break. This has been proven statistically and theredore is reflected in premiums.

These arguments have been accepted by the EU courts for the time being but the rest of Europe does not allow sex, age, health etc to be a factor in determining Insurance and as a result it is likely that in the near future the UK will fall in line. For now though, companies such as Diamond are perfectly legitimate.

As for women's only areas on these forums, it is the job of the admin team and moderators to decide whether it's allowed but legally those protesting that it discriminates against men would have no case because there is nothing stopping the men from opening their own thread.

The fact of legality on the board is not an issue. Its more to do with the way it is seen by people generally. Yes i could go and start up a mens only thread but both men and women around the world would see this as an 'odd' thing to do. Take for example - its perfectly ok for women to have ann summers parties where men are banned, but if a male group was to have an <any name here> party then it would be seen as 'gay' or not what we would do.

Theres a case on the news at the moment over some american father who says he was forced into adoption by his ex and now that he is not with her it is not his responsibility to pay. I havent seen a lot on it but if i find more then i'll post it.

Very interesting information on the insurance there. But what the insurance companies are doing is they are stereotyping all men and women into one group (much like if people say scottish they think of kilts, or the irish being thick and leprechauns.). They should look at the individual driver and their record, not the group as a whole. My view of a car is it is a tool to get me from A to B. Not as a cruisemobile that I have to do up and drive fast in. In fact lots of my female friends have views like this on cars. Because i am a male driver I am restricted to either impossible amounts of insurance, or a really low range, low power car. This I feel is unfair when I who have been driving for 4 years and not had an accident has to drive an older, less powerful car than my 18 year old female friend who passed her test 2 days ago and has had less experience. I've driven in snow, fog, hail, thunder, on motorways, long narrow country roads - your not telling me she has. Sorry dont buy it here.

Archived