Fan Fic Challenge Entries 2006/07

Guest AngelRose

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's 'not up to scratch' I'd LOVE to see a good piece!

Ah, that's easy. Read your own work!!! :D

ps I don't watch H&A much these days so I don't know much about Martha (Mac, see I got it right! :P ) and Jack (hmm, everyone can talk about Macjack now, like "Barreen") but you write really well and I'd love to read a Kane fic by you, if you ever fancied writing one. :)

It was interesting writing about Irene, but my writing isn't up to scratch lately :(

Absolutely not true!

Says Annette, who hasn't written any more fics herself since when...???? :P

But, nah, seriously, I seem to be finding it an uphill struggle lately. :(

If that's 'not up to scratch' I'd LOVE to see a good piece!

Ah, that's easy. Read your own work!!! :D

ps I don't watch H&A much these days so I don't know much about Martha (Mac, see I got it right! :P ) and Jack (hmm, everyone can talk about Macjack now, like "Barreen") but you write really well and I'd love to read a Kane fic by you, if you ever fancied writing one. :)

Thank you very much!

I wasn't 'around' when Kane arrived in the Bay but perhaps, someday, I'll toy with a piece about Kane being clever but not academic.

In my defence I would like to point out that I've got shed loads of coursework to do (which is why I'm wasting time posting on this forum :lol: ) and I fully intend to carry on with my story but possibly not for a while. I decided passing my degree takes priority!

If Skykat wants to find out more about Kane, there are lots of clips on kaneandkirsty.com.

In my defence I would like to point out that I've got shed loads of coursework to do (which is why I'm wasting time posting on this forum :lol: ) and I fully intend to carry on with my story but possibly not for a while. I decided passing my degree takes priority!

If Skykat wants to find out more about Kane, there are lots of clips on kaneandkirsty.com.

Think you might have got me confused with angelrose there, I'm a big Kirsty and Kane fan and have watched every clip on Kaneandkirsty.com. I know what you mean about finding time to write things, I'm the same at the moment, I can never find time to write my fanfic but I can always find time to post on here, strange huh?

Watching the episode today and seeing Leah grow jealous of Sally and Dan got me thinking why on earth she would think such a thing of her best friend when Sally is still grieving for Flynn? This is my interpretation of what Leah is thinking as she waits with VJ for Dan in the Diner, hope it's what you were meaning AngelRose.

“I saw him going into Sally’s place.”

Colleen’s words repeated over and over in my mind, it was as if they were tormenting me. The last few days every time I’ve gone over there he’s been with her and earlier the little hand holding incident in the Diner, in full public view of everyone! They must think I’m a fool, must think I’m stupid, that I can’t see what’s going on under my nose. It’s so obvious that there’s something going on, she said he had been going for dinner there. Very cosy, edging his way in on her family, taking Flynn’s place.

Oh God did I really just think that?

I must be going crazy, Flynn’s only been dead a few weeks and here’s me pairing his widow off with another man, my ex-husband no less. Sally’s still grieving, everybody knows that and Dan’s just being supportive, just being a friend. He was Flynn’s best friend after all. But I’m Sally’s best friend, why isn’t she coming to me if she’s upset? Why my ex-husband, why Dan? Grief does strange things to a person, I should know, I grieved for Vinnie didn’t I? All them years thinking he was dead. I know what Sally’s going through so why isn’t she confiding in me? I guess when you’re grieving you just cling to the person who’s closest and Dan is there all the time, he’s practically living with her, next thing he’ll be sharing her bed.

Oh God how can I think such a thing? Sally’s my best friend, she wouldn’t do that to me and Dan, he’s a good man. He wouldn’t cheat, he just wouldn’t.

Or wouldn’t he? Maybe he wants to get back at me for Peter, I betrayed him in just about the worst way possible, maybe he’s getting his own back with my best friend

No! I’ve got to stop thinking like this, Dan’s not vindictive and he’s not the cheating type.

But he’s a man and I know as well as anyone how these feelings can develop. You spend enough time with somebody, you get close to them, the feelings creep up on you, they overtake you until you act on them. Dan’s probably kissing Sally right now, caught in the moment just like I was with Peter and Flynn.

Oh my God, how can I honestly believe that Sally and I are too close for her to betray me like that when I did it to her? I went after her husband but then I was pregnant with his child, I was hormonal, it wasn’t my fault! But I still did it, I still hurt her. Maybe she hasn’t really forgiven me, maybe this is her revenge?

No Sally wouldn’t do that, she’s not like that, Sally loved Flynn. But she must be lonely, she must be dying for someone to take her in their arms and hold her and Dan was Flynn’s best friend, it would be so easy, so right.

No! No! No! It’d never be right, not Sally and Dan, Dan’s mine, I still love him. The worst thing is that he’s stood VJ up, VJ who loves Dan and thinks of him as his Dad, how can he treat him like this? He’s just a little boy, he doesn’t deserve this! I guess Dan doesn’t need VJ anymore, he can have Pippa now and really be part of Sally’s little family. I just hope he can cope with Cassie and Ric and their antics, bet he hadn’t bargained on that, but then he’s a counsellor type, just like Flynn, another thing they have in common. Well they better not invite me to their wedding because no way would I go! I’d smack that smug little tart right across the face before….

Oh God VJ’s spilt his milkshake all over him! I begin wiping him up, reassuring him. That’s a sign. It’s what I deserve for thinking such terrible things about Sally, and Dan. I guess if they did get together it’d be just what I deserved for the way I’ve betrayed them both, it’d be revenge for the mistakes I’ve made. They’re probably together now, cheating, plotting behind my back, and keeping their dirty little secrets.

No Dan’s here, he’s not at Sally’s.

“I’m sorry I’m late,” he comes in all apologetic and for a minute my anger subsides, at least he didn’t completely stand VJ up. But then he must have just come from Sally’s, what took him so long? Just what have they been up to? He has a nerve turning up here, expecting to still be able to take VJ, they probably want to add my son to their extending little family but there’s no way he’s getting away with it, no way at all. I cut off his explanation, I hear myself asking Colleen to take VJ to clean up, no point upsetting him any more than he already has been. I can’t believe Dan honestly thinks I’ll let him take my son, no way, it’s too late now, my jealousy finally gives way to anger.

"Why were you late? Now VJ gets disappointed again!” I demand angrily, he tries to say he’ll take him anyway, he’s not listening to me and I tell him so but he stays calm, the way he always does, it infuriates me. He tries to explain but I cut him dead.

“Don’t bother, why don’t you just go back to Sally’s, that’s where you were isn’t it? You were with her, again?” He doesn’t deny it, he tries to make excuses but I’m not listening, he’s lied to me in the past, he’s probably lying again, it’s not like I can trust him is it? I accuse him of choosing Sally over VJ and storm off, I leave him standing there, I’ve said my piece, got it off my chest but why don’t I feel any better for it?

God I really am going crazy, he looks surprised as he stands there, he doesn’t look guilty at all, he looks shocked.

Maybe there really isn’t anything going on between them, oh God I’m going crazy, what have I done? I start to go after him but it’s too late. He’s gone, I’ve messed up all over again and I’ve only got myself to blame. I cheated on him with Peter, I destroyed our marriage and now I’m destroying our friendship too, I deserve everything that happens to me.

Archived