The Homework Help Thread

Guest Kimmy

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK! I was just wondering whether anybody knows if you would relate the hand craft 'macrame' with the 60's era? Or would it be 70's? :unsure:

To my mind, I would say 60s. I just immediately associate it with the whole "hippy" thing. But then I know my mum used to do it too, and that must have been in the early to mid-70s.

And I used to make macrame friendship bracelets in the 90s, but I doubt that is much help! :P

I am feeling very betrayed by my degree. Why am I writing an essay about wind-turbines? I study French, why do they insist on sneaking little bits of science and things in there? I don't care!

Anyone know why turbines are a bad thing? Despite the rubbish "eyesore" argument - hello, and a power plant is attractive?

^ Me neither. This stupid French guy in the article is talking about all these figures, and I keep looking words up in my dictionary to be faced with something I don't understand in English. Gaah!

Ooh, now he is talking about migratory birds. This is stupid, I'm going to watch Neighbours! :)

OK! I was just wondering whether anybody knows if you would relate the hand craft 'macrame' with the 60's era? Or would it be 70's? :unsure:

To my mind, I would say 60s. I just immediately associate it with the whole "hippy" thing. But then I know my mum used to do it too, and that must have been in the early to mid-70s.

And I used to make macrame friendship bracelets in the 90s, but I doubt that is much help! :P

Thanks! I'm making a range of summer beach bags for my final major project based on the 60's bohemian ethnic fashion. If that makes sense.....I've been reading up and I think they were around in the late 60's.

Archived