The Homework Help Thread

Guest Kimmy

I recently did a maths assignment and I failed. I'm doing them again, can comeone PLEASE help me?

1. Determine the slopes of the lines with equations:

a. 2x-3y=6

b. 3x+y=2

c. y=-2x+1

2. Perpendicular to 3x-4y = 2, passing through (1,2)

3. State the y_intercept of the lines with equations:

a. 3x+4y=-8

4. Draw the graphs of:

a. y=3x-2 using slope and y intercept

b. 3x+y=-6

(I know you couldn't show me on here how to draw rhem (or you could. ahaha), but could you just explain please?)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently did a maths assignment and I failed. I'm doing them again, can comeone PLEASE help me?

1. Determine the slopes of the lines with equations:

a. 2x-3y=6

b. 3x+y=2

c. y=-2x+1

2. Perpendicular to 3x-4y = 2, passing through (1,2)

3. State the y_intercept of the lines with equations:

a. 3x+4y=-8

4. Draw the graphs of:

a. y=3x-2 using slope and y intercept

b. 3x+y=-6

(I know you couldn't show me on here how to draw rhem (or you could. ahaha), but could you just explain please?)

^ Well, I've just taken up a maths teaching position, so this will be good practice. I'm happy to work through them with you. Just give me a bit of time to get the setting out and things right and then I'll post them here :).

Ok, so here you go. My scanner decided to be a bit annoying and cut off some of the text, but it basically still shows my setting out for most of the questions. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Because I don't know how you were originally taught, it makes it a bit hard to fill in the blanks to see where you are actually having trouble.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Let me know if you want more/less detail or if there is anything specific you don't get and maybe I can help.

Oh boy, reading that makes me think of the maths exam I just did. *Shudder* Had I have had something like that, I would've gone a lot better. & Eden, I agree, neither does my maths teacher at times. -__-

Funny that you are learning that at the EXACT same time as me, in the exact same way, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not really homework but it's for a translation I have to make. It's about math. I thought maybe someone could help me.

• f(x) = sinx => f(x)= 1/sinx
  • f(x) = sinx => f(x)= arcsin x

Which one of these functions is the inverse function and how do you call the other function?

Just following on from what’s mentioned above, f(x) =1/sin(x) is actually called cosecant(x) or cosec(x) for short.

Arcsin(x) is the definition of the inverse function of sin(x) as far as I can recall but what it actually means is “the angle whose sin is” or “the angle that has a sin of”. So if sin(x) =1 then arcsin means the angle whose sin is equal to 1 which is 90 degrees.

Archived