The Homework Help Thread

Guest Kimmy

If anybodies interested. I have a few pictures of my recent project I did. The theme was victorian underwear and I made a camisole and a pair of knickers.

I am I am! Me! :D

I would post pictures of my work but I don't think anyone wants to see it... :lol::P

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine wearing underwear like that! :blink:

It looks like a little dress and shorts, like a summer outfit... well, maybe without the ribbons on the shorts! I don't know much about Victorian underwear though, but it looks well made :)

I know that my great grandma used to wear bloomers, sometimes when she was sitting down all relaxed, you could see them peeping out below her dress, bless her! :lol:

Those are so cool! I am impressed. I miss my sewing machine now I'm away from home, I miss the creativity of it. When I get bored, all I want to do is go back to all the half-finished bits and pieces I have a home but I need the machine up here and my mum wants it at home. Maybe I'll take up knitting again! :D

I can't imagine wearing underwear like that! :blink:

There's a lot of underwear such as victorian underwear that we wouldn't even think about wearing today!

Yeah, if you hadn't said it was underwear, I'd think it was a child's outfit, a little dress and shorts. Seems strange that people would wear underwear like that! :lol: Then again, a lot of historic stuff is weird... like when people used to bathe in urine, or how doctors used to form a diagnosis based on the smell and taste of the patient's urine... or how the "cure" for a headache was to drill a hole in your skull to let the bad spirits out! (this process is called trepanning) :blink:

As you can tell, I paid attention when we learned about gruesome medical stuff in history! That was the most interesting part! :lol:

Am I twisted? Maybe, but it's fun :P

You did GCSE History of Medicine too? That was the only part of the course that was actually remotely interesting.

ETA: And the Indian Sun Dance, where the Sioux men would hook stuff through their skin and hang from it... though people still do that today... :?

I'm thinking maybe they didn't actually mark that paper, but just pulled little bits of paper from a hat to assign grades. I know for a fact that I answered a really long question on the completely wrong time period, so couldn't possibly get any marks for it, yet still got an A*. How does that work?!

Archived