Characters You Dislike?

Guest Home_and_away_princess

This is probably a harsh thing to say as I know she is meant to be but at the moment Colleen is grating on me soooo much, especially since the Kane trial when she suddenly changed her mind and decided she hates him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I picked up on that too! It was only a few weeks before that she was helping him get through his cancer ordeal and then she decides that he's a good for nothing son of a gun! People like her are the reason that Kane would never have been truly accepted in the Bay.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like Cassie. If you just get passed the disklike of her tan and quit taking digs at the age of the actress you may actually see she has the potential to be a good character.

Take Kim for example. He was known as the plank and now he is one of the better characters. Maybe the writers need to take notice and shift Cassie to a different group.

Basically all I am saying is that most of us get what you are saying about Cassie. Can't we just drop the whole orange thing now?

Edit to rephrase something...

Saying you hate a character for being too orange is just poppycock! That has nothing to do with the character, it is infact insulting to the actress. Also,she's been in it several montsh now, can we not just get over the tan thing? It's not going to change, the same with the actresses age, so can we just accept it and move on?

In terms of her character, she may be tedious and boring, so yeah, if thats the case then moan away. But being "too orange" and "old" is nothing to do with the character.

Personally, there's no-one I dislike with a great passion. Flynn grates on me sometimes, but I can tolerate him. Apart from that, I've become really bored with the direction of Robbie and Tasha. But again I wouldn't say I hated them with a passion.

From a uk perspective, I think the female characters are outdoing the male ones to a great extent. I like nearly all of the women, maybe with the exception of Hayley, who I don't dislike but find a bit dull these days (though perhaps this will change with the recast?). The men, on the other hand...well, for a start, I don't like Henry at all. He and Kim are both wooden and don't seem to have any personality or idiosyncacies about them. I also wouldn't miss Scott if he went - he was ok with Dani but as he was always just her other half there doesn't seem to be much point about him now. Even the stuff with Hayley seems forced and boring. Another dull character is Dan, and although he works quite well with Leah I suspect he would suffer in the same way as Scott without her. Lastly, Flynn...I wouldn't want him to leave because I see the point to his character and he and Sally are a good couple, but he can be pretty annoying.

So I guess my point is...more decent men please! Fingers crossed the rumours about Peter returning (even though we haven't seen him leave yet!) are true. :D

I think Dan is pretty boring, more so than Flynn.

I hate that male characters are written into the show, given the tiniest hint of backstory or personality, but predominantly their purpose is to be the new partner of a female character. It was the same with Scott... no-one liked him because apart from going out with Dani, there was no point to him. Once Dani left he suddenly had feelings for Hayley, how convenient!

This is why characters like Peter and Stafford are so popular, they actually have purpose and aren't just written in to be Leah or Sally or Hayley or whoever's new spouse.

I can't believe he hasn't got a mention yet......Robbie Hunter!!

There is a myriad of reasons as to why he is such an irratating character.....so I will just skim the surface of a few of the more obvious ones.....

Well, the BELLOWING for a start.....I could go on about this, but it has been done to death on these boards.....anyway you all know what I am talking about. It is profoundly irratating. There is no need for it. Why won't someone on the crew just tell him to shut the hell up???

He blames everyone else for all his pathetic insecurities.......for instance bawling out Ric for his own prattish behaviour during needle-gate. There he was whinging and stamping his feet like a baby, because a homeless, injured, seriously ill boy accidentially dropped his insulin neeedle out in the middle of nowhere and he had the misfortune to step on it whilst doing a naked bush-run. It was an unfortunate incident but not Ric's fault in the slightest.

How on Earth is Ric to blame for Robbie acting like a moron and alienating his best friend, girlfriend and entire family (not to mention the SuperDoc/Super counseller)??

He really just gets my goat, which is a total 180 turn for me, as at first I really liked him. Like many of us I thought quirky, lovable geek type at first. Now I feel like stealing his glasses and starting a fire with them and roasting him on it.

Perhaps that is a bit harsh.....

Cassie I can't stand her. She makes everything about her. And if a situation comes up were either her or Ric have to hang out with Matilda she always gets to. She whinges too much. And the whole matching her up with Ric is wrong they don't suit no one little bit

From the UK perspective, the character i dislike the most is Henry.

He has never shown any capability whatsoever in the acting world, he is awful, and the character is just plain annoying. I am pleased to hear he has left Australien screens, however if they can recast Hayley, surely recasting Henry would be much easier because there wasn't much of a character there to start with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yer Henry is annoying.I have grown to like Matilda a little bit.But henry im glad he is leaving.Yay :D

Cassei is extremely irritaing. the character just does not work for me. Sharni is a good actress so its not about her ...or how she looks! Cassie just does not generarte a lot of sympathy, and the irriation is not because she is annoying like Dani was, but because the character does not work. The storylines have been rushed, she just appeared one day and we were expected to like her, feel sorry for her and accept her as a new member of the Summer Bay family.

Archived