The 'have a moan' thread

starlet_girl

Fingers crossed that you don't have 2 exams on the same day when you do A Levels then! That's the worst, it never happened to me (thankfully!) but a couple of my friends had one 3 hour exam in the morning and another in the afternoon. They started at 9am and didn't finish until 4.30! I'm so glad that's over!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When people say don't let criticism get to you.

IMO, youshould let criticism get to you, if you don't do that you're never going to get better are you? If you fail you've got to be hard on yourself to not allow the same mistakes to happen again.

I think I'd be quite a good counsellor myself.

IMO, youshould let criticism get to you, if you don't do that you're never going to get better are you? If you fail you've got to be hard on yourself to not allow the same mistakes to happen again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I gather, there's not much that you think you'd be bad at, is there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't juggle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't juggle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hypothetically.

Well, it's not really a moan, it's more than that. Watching the news lately has got me down so much, that poor little boy that the older kids tried to hang (well, they're not really kids, are they, most 11-year-olds and ALL 12-year-olds are almost adult and capable of knowing right from wrong) the teenager who was shown on video just out shopping, who was abducted, raped and murdered, those insane morons (I'm sure it's only a tiny minority, but still...) who think it's funny to "happy slap", that terrible, terrible ordeal suffered by the little girl who's own aunt (her aunt, for God's sake!) said she was a witch. :( And other stuff, something I read in my friend's newspaper today that just made me want to cry and that was just so horrible I don't even want to tell you about it.

Okay, I don't mean to get everybody down, maybe I should just stop watching and reading the news.

I know there's lots of good news out there too. I don't care for football but it was great that Liverpool won the European cup...It was lovely to hear about that couple married for 80 years...there was something in my friend's newspaper too about these people finding their long-lost cat...

I guess that's why we need pure escapist programmes like H&A and Big Brother (which I gotta go off line in a mo and watch) and I might sound down, but, believe it or not, I've been crying with laughter with friends today. It was just when I got home and watched the evening news... :(

I just wish we could get to hear far, far more of the good news instead.

Archived