Why do the producers ignore Shandi Palmer?

Skylover

4 hours ago, Skylover said:

Because they'd actually have a non-romantic relationship with someone else in the cast. Rather than

hot sibling/hot sibling
hot sibling/hot sibling 
hot sibling/hot sibling

I kind of hope the show gets axed so it's put out of its misery. Or Lucy Addario is sacked. It's just upsetting to see how crap it is.

Also - I find it odd that anyone would ask why bringing back Shandi would be good for the show. The older characters aren't well-defined characters. John has a daughter out there who he doesn't speak to. It's just not realistic.

While Neighbours is coming back on Amazon, it should never have been axed in the first place in 2022. H&A should have been axed instead. No one would try to save it the way they did with Neighbours.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Skylover said:

I kind of hope the show gets axed so it's put out of its misery. Or Lucy Addario is sacked. It's just upsetting to see how crap it is.

This is a little outside of the box thinking and it may sound crazy but just go with me here 

If aren't enjoying it could just not watch it

5 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

While Neighbours is coming back on Amazon, it should never have been axed in the first place in 2022. H&A should have been axed instead. No one would try to save it the way they did with Neighbours.

I wonder if Home and Away ever gets moved to 7Two or just streaming if it would benefit it. 

14 hours ago, Skylover said:

John has a daughter out there who he doesn't speak to. It's just not realistic.

On the contrary, he didn't know she existed until she was an adult, at which point she made the decision that she'd managed without him until now and didn't really need him in her life. Okay, she came back for his wedding to Marilyn as a kind of favour (and that was mainly down to a misunderstanding, since John didn't really feel close to her and was more attached to Xavier and Jett who he'd actually spent time with), but not every long-lost family reunion is going to lead to people instantly becoming an important part of each other's lives.

10 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Really? There's a distinct whiff of a show that's had its day being resurrected as a cynical cash cow about the return of Neighbours. Maybe it'll be a success, and maybe it'll be worth watching, but it's by no means guaranteed. I think there would be quite a lot of people upset if Home and Away was axed, not least the long-term castmembers that people supposedly want to see more of. But sometimes things come to a natural end and, frankly, Neighbours did. As long as Home and Away is still doing the business for Channel 7, as it apparently is, it won't get axed.

14 hours ago, project90 said:

This is a little outside of the box thinking and it may sound crazy but just go with me here 

If aren't enjoying it could just not watch it

I don't watch it. I watch the occasional episode but that's it, it's so bad.

I think that's a stupid suggestion though. I'd rather the show was improved than me having to not watch it.

10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Really? There's a distinct whiff of a show that's had its day being resurrected as a cynical cash cow about the return of Neighbours. Maybe it'll be a success, and maybe it'll be worth watching, but it's by no means guaranteed. I think there would be quite a lot of people upset if Home and Away was axed, not least the long-term castmembers that people supposedly want to see more of. But sometimes things come to a natural end and, frankly, Neighbours did. As long as Home and Away is still doing the business for Channel 7, as it apparently is, it won't get axed.

Home and Away has had its day. Whether Neighbours is a success on Amazon or not, Home and Away is way more crap than Neighbours and has been for years. I'd rather they were both flourishing, but it is what it is. 

10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

On the contrary, he didn't know she existed until she was an adult, at which point she made the decision that she'd managed without him until now and didn't really need him in her life. Okay, she came back for his wedding to Marilyn as a kind of favour (and that was mainly down to a misunderstanding, since John didn't really feel close to her and was more attached to Xavier and Jett who he'd actually spent time with), but not every long-lost family reunion is going to lead to people instantly becoming an important part of each other's lives.

Actually, in soaps it's far more unrealistic for a long lost relative to disappear. But if you think John is a fascinating character mingling around on his own, then fair enough.

On 17/01/2023 at 03:52, Red Ranger 1 said:

Just because you cast a random 20- or 30-something actor and call their character Shandi Palmer or Irene's Grandson doesn't guarantee they'll do anything other than stand around the Diner being a bit pointless.

It would be the chemistry between the actors - if they cast the right actor and he/she has the right chemistry with their onscreen family member, it would make a difference. For example, look at the relationship between Irene and Chris Harrington. The real life relationship between Lynne and Johnny obviously made a difference there, but it shows how the right actor can work and he was much more than just another lodger coming through her revolving door. 

On the other hand, you could cast a "bad boy" character called Paul Roberts who does nothing other than romance Mackenzie or Rose and barely share any scenes with Irene. 

5 hours ago, Skylover said:

I don't watch it. I watch the occasional episode but that's it, it's so bad.

I think that's a stupid suggestion though. I'd rather the show was improved than me having to not watch it.

You said you'd rather it be axed then on at all. I've simply suggested if you don't like something then don't watch it. Plenty of other people are still enjoying it even though it's not up to your standards. If you're dipping in and out catching just an odd episode now and then, I imagine it wouldn't be helping make it more enjoyable 

Archived